Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It's surprising that after his best season Keenum didn't remaim with the Vikings because he's now playing for the Broncos.
    Not surprising it's Denver since the Broncos need a reliable decent or great QB.

Brady says to Oprah that sooner rather than later he'll be retiring. I'm guessing he'll play 2 more seasons since it's challenging for NFL qbs to be good or great when in their 40s.

Adrian Peterson is a threat to be on the infamous list of great athletes in team sports that never won a Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    My predictions for this year the preseason begins:

AFC East
    1. Patriots 12-4
    2. Bills 9-7
    3. Dolphins 6-10
    4. Jets 5-11

AFC North
    1. Steelers 13-3
    2. Ravens 8-8
    3. Bengals 4-12
    4. Browns 3-13

AFC South
    1. Texans 11-5
    2. Jaguars 10-6
    3. Titans 7-9
    4. Colts 5-11

AFC West
    1. Chargers 11-5
    2. Raiders 10-6
    3. Chiefs 8-8
    4. Broncos 6-10

NFC East
    1. Eagles 13-3
    2. Cowboys 9-7
    3. Giants 6-10
    4. Redskins 5-11

NFC North
    1. Packers 11-5
    2. Vikings 8-8
    3. Lions 6-10
    4. Bears 5-11

NFC South
    1. Falcons 12-4
    2. Saints 10-6
    3. Panthers 7-9
    4. Bucs 3-13

NFC West
    1. Rams 11-5
    2. 49ers 10-6
    3. Seahawks 6-10
    4. Cardinals 4-12

The Eagles will beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl.
    I highly doubt the Titans will be 7-9 since for roster they have improved with signings and draft, and while possible growing pains with new system because New Coaches still I'm confident it won't be the same degree as 2016.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    It's surprising that after his best season Keenum didn't remaim with the Vikings because he's now playing for the Broncos.
    Not surprising it's Denver since the Broncos need a reliable decent or great QB.

Brady says to Oprah that sooner rather than later he'll be retiring. I'm guessing he'll play 2 more seasons since it's challenging for NFL qbs to be good or great when in their 40s.

Adrian Peterson is a threat to be on the infamous list of great athletes in team sports that never won a Championship.

Well it wasn't Keenum who wanted to leave the Vikings. The team wanted to go ALL IN on Kirk Cousins and decided he was the answer. Keenum had to move on and least landed in Denver for a chance to start. Its a 2 year deal to see if he can keep up what he did in Minnesota.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

One thing that I'm really interested in watching this year is where the careers of Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston go. They are on the last year of their four year contract (before the Fifth Year Options were picked up) and neither have really done all that much to turn the corner, especially when compared with the duo of Goff and Wentz from the following year. Both are on not great teams to be sure, but if they maintain consistency, what do you do with them? The overall trend with players, especially QBs are to give them inflated contracts, but these two really haven't done anything to deserve it. I look at the latest players to cash in and I can't really find a comparison to these two. I'm pretty cold on Kirk Cousins, but he does have stats that can't be denied. Derek Carr might be another example, but that's only if you look at last year. He did take the team to playoffs with him being a major part of it.

I'm just not sure. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    One thing that I'm really interested in watching this year is where the careers of Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston go. They are on the last year of their four year contract (before the Fifth Year Options were picked up) and neither have really done all that much to turn the corner, especially when compared with the duo of Goff and Wentz from the following year. Both are on not great teams to be sure, but if they maintain consistency, what do you do with them? The overall trend with players, especially QBs are to give them inflated contracts, but these two really haven't done anything to deserve it. I look at the latest players to cash in and I can't really find a comparison to these two. I'm pretty cold on Kirk Cousins, but he does have stats that can't be denied. Derek Carr might be another example, but that's only if you look at last year. He did take the team to playoffs with him being a major part of it.

I'm just not sure. What do you guys think?

Mariota its claimed needs an offensive coach and each time the team hires a defensive one. Which doesn't help him offensively. He has flashed some things with his arm at times. Winston just has to make better decisions. That is his biggest issue and the team itself told him he has to get rid of the ball better (cut down on sacks) and stop throwing Ints. This is really a make or break year for him and Mariota in a way. Winston though is feeling it a lot more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Both Mariotta and Winston are still pretty young career-wise. Each will probably have to be signed to a minimum 3 year deal though and by year 6 or 7 their success or not will likely be determined by that point. What I look for in a QB is two things both pretty much decision making. The most important is do they have the ability to make back breaking decisions to opponents. Will each bring back their teams to come from behind victories more often than losing when they are behind. Will there be confidence as a fan that they can make a comeback or will it be 'if they can just make this pass, if they can just make this third down... then maybe...'. And the other is can they put away the opponent early? Can they lead their team to a 21-3 lead at the half forcing the other team to take chances that will open up turnovers? Mariotta had 15 INTs last year so he needs to stop hurting his team. Winston had 11 INTs which doesn't seem so bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Winston and Mariota pull an Earl Morrall win the big one towards the end of their careers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well this won't help Winston ....he's expected to be suspended a few games this season due to an incident with a Uber driver from 2016. Not gonna help him.

Welp... spoke too soon I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well this won't help Winston ....he's expected to be suspended a few games this season due to an incident with a Uber driver from 2016. Not gonna help him.
    Also a former Seminoles teammate a current Eagles cb was not in car during the transgression despite what he said .
    Maybe he was forgetting while he was in the car not when the alleged transgression happened.

I see a person got a Browns 2018 SB champs tattoo.
    Teams have gone from worst to 1st but no logical and sensible reasons that the Browns are going to win the Super Bowl for the 2018 season with the division they play in,.also having to defeat In the playoffs great teams the Steelers, Pats, Jags that has a terrific defense, etc.
    Also with a rookie qb starting Mayfield he will have common growing pains so it be surprising if the Browns even made the playoffs.
    Flacco, Ryan, A Luck, Big Ben it's not a dime a dozen that a rookie qb has a winning season amd his team makes the Playoffs.

I can't imagine this is news the Giants wanted to find themselves tied to: Dead body found in home of Janoris Jenkins.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here are the players facing a big crossroads in 2018. The 1st name on the list is Jamesis Winston who as the writer claims , advised the Bucs to not draft Winston. He was the player with absurd talent and possible franchise QB there. But he also was someone off the field who had numerous problems.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...sroads-in-2018

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Here are the players facing a big crossroads in 2018. The 1st name on the list is Jamesis Winston who as the writer claims , advised the Bucs to not draft Winston. He was the player with absurd talent and possible franchise QB there. But he also was someone off the field who had numerous problems.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...sroads-in-2018
    Jameis Winston has been accused of sexual assault, stealing crab legs from a supermarket, yelling obscenities in public, and now this uber driver thing. Yikes.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Jameis Winston has been accused of sexual assault, stealing crab legs from a supermarket, yelling obscenities in public, and now this uber driver thing. Yikes.
    And Winston's already been suspended for the first three games of the upcoming season as a result of the Uber incident, forcing the Bucs to go into the season with journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick. Depending on how the season goes, this mess with Winston could wind up getting head coach Dirk Koetter fired if the Bucs come up short of the playoffs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So Tamba Hali , who hasn't been signed yet and is a free agent LB ...detailed that teams are gonna get quite a surprise from Patrick Mahomes this year , That he competed against him in practice and that Mahomes was so talented that he was looking off (and completing) passes against Eric Berry and Marcus Peters. That teams are gonna see a complete player. Hali compared him to Brett Farve with his athletic ability to run and throw.

Now as much as i love the praise ...its why I'm waiting to see what happens really. Mahomes is essentially a rookie QB being handed the Chiefs and told to go out. I'd love to see it happen but Mahomes has to at 1st handle all that teams will throw his way.