Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair he was traded to Tampa Bay during the era of Jon Gruden falling in love with every QB in the NFL he could find. Gruden met with Plummer and tried talking him outta retiring and it was a no go. I'm sure Jake Plummer was like , this guy will bench me , start someone else and go from there if I sign lol.
    Why didn't he sign? If I was a retired QB and got offered that gig, I'd sign in a heart beat. Being a proven, back up, QB would kick so much butt.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Why didn't he sign? If I was a retired QB and got offered that gig, I'd sign in a heart beat. Being a proven, back up, QB would kick so much butt.
    Maybe Plummer simply had his fill of football and wanted out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...orts-wagering/

Some legal betting numbers from Delaware.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe Plummer simply had his fill of football and wanted out.
    He claimed later that after the whole situation with Broncos it made him want to quit. He had played 10 seasons and was tired of the game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Browns will be the 2018 team for HBO Hard Knocks which may have been inspired by The great movie Any Given Sunday.

The Browns fans are loyal as hell and deserve better because the Browns since returning to the NFL have remained a punching bag jabroni and embarrassment with astounding awful management.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's really amazing how many people don't get that the Patriots were never going to be able to afford keeping Brady and Garoppolo. It would have hurt their team more to cut a ton of players than it would to just pick one. And the choice was All Time Great QB who was a top 2 at worst QB the last 4 seasons who appeared in 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, whose on a 7 straight AFCCG run, who also just happened to win MVP and a guy who started 4 games. Jimmy might be a great QB. He might be a top 5 QB in this league. He might not. However the chances of him being Brady who is in the Super Bowl 50% of his career is slim to none. 2-3 seasons of Brady at good health is the equivalent to being a Super Bowl contender every year. You can't say that for Jimmy.

And no they weren't going to keep both. Garropollo takes up 17% of the Niner's cap. Brady takes up 11% of the Patriots cap. You aren't going to devote nearly a 5th of your salary cap into a back up and over a quarter into the same position. Do you have any idea what that does to the team?
    Ok I stand corrected the Pats had great logical valid reasons for trading a possible great qb JG since they couldn't afford big bucks for both the GOAT Brady and the Talented Reliable YoungGun JG.

We have to sit and wait to see if Jimmy Garapoolo will be a great QB. I mean he played solid those 5 games. But we have to see if he continues that. I mean I can see why New England didn't do this deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

We have to sit and wait to see if Jimmy Garapoolo will be a great QB. I mean he played solid those 5 games. But we have to see if he continues that. I mean I can see why New England didn't do this deal.
    He's proven reliable so far in the small not a full season sample size however now that teams have more film of him since he was a starter his success to continue win games will be challenging this season.
    I said possible meaning it's still in the evaluation stage since need 4 or more seasons for a great judgement if he is a great starting NFL qb.

Browns fans will feel like they've won the lottery when the Browns win a game this season after the worst bleakest season ever in Browns history.

Cutler should return to retirement. He's this Decade's Jeff George and appears to have 0 passion to play in the NFL. He is a Uninspiring not passionate underachieving turnover machine with a losing record.
    But if the Dolphins continue to waste time with this infamous bust more hot garbage highlights including the turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    He's proven reliable so far in the small not a full season sample size however now that teams have more film of him since he was a starter his success to continue win games will be challenging this season.
    I said possible meaning it's still in the evaluation stage since need 4 or more seasons for a great judgement if he is a great starting NFL qb.

Browns fans will feel like they've won the lottery when the Browns win a game this season after the worst bleakest season ever in Browns history.

Cutler should return to retirement. He's this Decade's Jeff George and appears to have 0 passion to play in the NFL. He is a Uninspiring not passionate underachieving turnover machine with a losing record.
    But if the Dolphins continue to waste time with this infamous bust more hot garbage highlights including the turnovers.

Cutler was only signed last year to a 1 year deal. He's not under contract to the Dolphins.

Only reason they didn't retain him is because Brady is there, and they didn't know when he was going to retire. He's 40 plus though. They wanted to keep him. They waited until the 11th hour not to trade him, which was during the season. Like Bill B said, with the way things are set up, they couldn't keep him. And they weren't going to pay a huge salary to someone that was just going to most likely ride the bench. Jimmy's camp didn't want to sign an extension either since Jimmy wanted to start somewhere.

You're right though, he needs to show what he can do in a full season. As a 49ers fan, I'm very optimistic. I don't think anyone in NFL history has come in and played that well with the situation Jimmy was thrust into. Mid season trade to a new team, that team is horrible at 0-9, zero training camp, new coaching staff, and having to learn essentially a phrase book of a new offense which was then executed after two weeks. Yet he still averaged 300 yards a game, and went 5-0. Two of those games were against playoff teams. He made Marquise Goodwin look like an All Pro, and had otherwise average dudes look like lackluster contributors.

So either Shanahan and Jimmy have conducted one of the greatest hoaxes in the game ever, or Jimmy will continue where he left off. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if things dropped off a little his first season as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Teams will have more film on him, but Jimmy and Shanahan along with the rest of the staff will have had more time to explore the offense together. I'd say it's a wash.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Only reason they didn't retain him is because Brady is there, and they didn't know when he was going to retire. He's 40 plus though. They wanted to keep him. They waited until the 11th hour not to trade him, which was during the season. Like Bill B said, with the way things are set up, they couldn't keep him. And they weren't going to pay a huge salary to someone that was just going to most likely ride the bench. Jimmy's camp didn't want to sign an extension either since Jimmy wanted to start somewhere.

You're right though, he needs to show what he can do in a full season. As a 49ers fan, I'm very optimistic. I don't think anyone in NFL history has come in and played that well with the situation Jimmy was thrust into. Mid season trade to a new team, that team is horrible at 0-9, zero training camp, new coaching staff, and having to learn essentially a phrase book of a new offense which was then executed after two weeks. Yet he still averaged 300 yards a game, and went 5-0. Two of those games were against playoff teams. He made Marquise Goodwin look like an All Pro, and had otherwise average dudes look like lackluster contributors.

So either Shanahan and Jimmy have conducted one of the greatest hoaxes in the game ever, or Jimmy will continue where he left off. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if things dropped off a little his first season as a starter.
    Shanahan had better hope he doesn't wind up being the VICTIM of that hoax, that Jimmy Grabass wasn't the result of Darth Hoodie's system.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Shanahan had better hope he doesn't wind up being the VICTIM of that hoax, that Jimmy Grabass wasn't the result of Darth Hoodie's system.
    Well, seeing as there have been a boatload of quarterbacks that have been with the Patriots behind Brady all these years, and none of them showed this kind of promise anywhere I'm fairly confident it won't be a disaster.

Anyone who watched Jimmy G play in those games would be a believer that they guy has lots of natural talent. But you have to believe he was allowed quite a bit of freedom in those five games. Question is whether or not Shanahan's system is going to hamper or help him this upcoming season.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Just remember how Dak looked from year one to year two. Things change once defenses have tape on you.