Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the next kicker going to the HoF (if any) is going to be Vinatieri.
    Yep he made a bunch of game winning kicks that took his team to Super Bowl or winning it. That guy goes in the Hall of Fame way , way before Janikowski.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the next kicker going to the HoF (if any) is going to be Vinatieri.
    Agreed. His post season FG kicks alone are legendary
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

NFL NEWS

- AJ McCarron (who was part of Browns lore for bungled trades) won his grievance he filed and will be a free agent in 2018. The entire deal stems from where McCarron was placed on the injury list for part of 2014 season. The Bengals wanted the year to roll over and McCarron also won his salary from 2014 as part of the judgement. Its expected McCarron will get interest from Cleveland and Hue Jackson who wanted him last season.

- Larry Fitzgerald informed new coach Steve Wilks he plans to return for the 2018 season. That he's totally committed to returning and will suit up for his 15th NFL season.

- Duane Brown who was traded by the Houston Texans last season discussed in a podcast how disrespected he felt by the Texans. That he was coming into his 9th season and wanted a contract extension. That if he got hurt in mini-camp or the season he had no guaranteed money and the Texans would have cut him. His deal didn't expire til 2019 and he pushed to have his deal redone. The Texans refused saying they don't redo contracts with 2 seasons left. This blew into a big deal as once Brown reported after 6 weeks and spoke out , he was traded to Seattle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Larry Fitzgerald informed new coach Steve Wilks he plans to return for the 2018 season. That he's totally committed to returning and will suit up for his 15th NFL season.
    Good to hear. So, who's going to throw him the ball?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'd assume he has some insider knowledge that helped him make his choice. I can see the Cards making a play at Cousins with a backloaded contract, I can also see them drafting a QB high. They're a relatively solid team that was marred by inconstant QB play over the last two years. A good QB could really make team something. Depending on what they go with, the NFC West may end up being the best division in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I'd assume he has some insider knowledge that helped him make his choice. I can see the Cards making a play at Cousins with a backloaded contract, I can also see them drafting a QB high. They're a relatively solid team that was marred by inconstant QB play over the last two years. A good QB could really make team something. Depending on what they go with, the NFC West may end up being the best division in the NFL.
    If I were the Cards front office, I'd shoot for Cousins, don't even hesitate. There's no way to know if any of the kids coming out of college will be the second coming of Carson Wentz or Jared Goff, and Fitzgerald won't want to wait through a rookie's growing pains while the clock on his career is ticking down to zero.

Knowing the Cards, probably a former Steeler. =p

I don't think the Cards can afford Cousins and even if they could, I think he'll opt for more of a contender. I like the idea of them giving a one year deal to Bradford.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Cards have been linked to talks with Foles and Cousins.

Eagles want a King's random for Foles.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-16-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In more NFL News -

- The WWE is ready to offer Rob Gronkowski the same deal they have Rhonda Rousey it appears. Gronk is considered a fun type guy who last year got involved at Wrestlemania. With talk of possible retirement if Gronk decides to do that ; a possible future awaits there.

We saw Cena portray Gronk a few years ago on SNL.

- Teams that could potentially tag 8 players are as follows : Le'Veon Bell (Steelers) , DeMarcus Lawrence (Cowboys) , Sammy Watkins (Rams) , Allen Robinson (Rams) , Kyle Fuller (Bears) , Andrew Norwell (Panthers) , Ezekiel Ansah (Lions) , and Sheldon Richardson (Seahawks). Most could reach deals before free agency but its no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Teams that could potentially tag 8 players are as follows : Le'Veon Bell (Steelers) , DeMarcus Lawrence (Cowboys) , Sammy Watkins (Rams) , Allen Robinson (Rams) , Kyle Fuller (Bears) , Andrew Norwell (Panthers) , Ezekiel Ansah (Lions) , and Sheldon Richardson (Seahawks). Most could reach deals before free agency but its no guarantee.
    Cowboys are most likely going to extend DLaw, not franchise tag him. The cost to tag him would be cost prohibitive to the Cowboys.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Cards have been linked to talks with Foles and Cousins.

Eagles want a King's random for Foles.
    I don’t want the Birds parting ways with Foles until they’re absolutely certain Carson Wentz is fully healthy, and I’ve heard he won’t be ready for action until August.

I don’t want the Birds parting ways with Foles until they’re absolutely certain Carson Wentz is fully healthy, and I’ve heard he won’t be ready for action until August.
    How much do you think the Eagles will have to pay him to keep him from leaving?

If I were the Cards front office, I'd shoot for Cousins, don't even hesitate. There's no way to know if any of the kids coming out of college will be the second coming of Carson Wentz or Jared Goff, and Fitzgerald won't want to wait through a rookie's growing pains while the clock on his career is ticking down to zero.
    Cardinals probably shouldn't let an aging wide receiver dictate who they want to be under center for the foreseeable future.

I remember watching this back in 2000. It summed up how terrible Monday Night Football was in this period as the Fouts , Michaels , and Miller version was considered absolute ****. A big reason the move was made was pressure of Monday Night wrestling that had the producers decide to try a youthful shakeup. Instead it alienated viewers who watched as they pushed out Frank Gifford and Dan Dierdorf. The replacements in this span was Boomer Esasian , Dennis Miller and Dan Fouts. None of them lasted beyond a couple seasons.

This is part of the reason the MNF show ended up on ESPN. And even there a couple seasons they fucked up and would place guys who shouldn't be there like Tony Kornheiser . Likely the best booth this generation was Mike Trico and Jon Gruden.