Page 82 of 93 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1395
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL News...

- Buffalo will start rookie QB Josh Allen in his 1st preseason start against the Bengals this week. Allen could become the 1st QB of the 2018 class to end up starting come the regular season if he plays solid against them , he will likely be named the week #1 starter.

- Aaron Rodgers has told that his next contract will be one that will not screw over the Green Bay Packers as a franchise. As proof he pointed to his last extension in 2013 that was 5 years and $110+ million he did in 2013 . As he claimed the Packers never had a bad salary cap so he doesn't plan on it happening again. Rodgers deal expires in 2020 and its said his deal could reset a lot of numbers for QB's soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Here we go, Jerrahworld is up...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE DALLAS COWBOYS

Best Cowboys' fan submissions:

Jerry: "Our RB will probably be too injured at the end of the season from overuse to sexually harass women in public anymore. "

Luke: "Our defense is one Sean Lee sneeze away from being unable to stop a retirement home bingo club."
    Brad: "The average player lasts three seasons in the NFL, and even your top shelf non-quarterback players tend to retire around season ten. Yet, the Cowboys were somehow blindsided by a 15-year veteran tight end’s retirement.

Now we have a starting quarterback entering his supposed “make or break” third season with a receiving corps that consists of Allen Hurns, two dwarfs, a third round rookie, and drunk Lance Armstrong. Meanwhile, resident sociopath David Irving is suspended again, the linebackers consist of a rookie who is fresh off of living with Big Foot in the woods of Idaho, a second year guy with one working knee, and Sean Lee, who’s hamstring will slingshot off of him and hit the video screen at some point this season. Not that any of that matters since Zeke is one sideways visit to Hooters from being squashed by the Ginger Hammer and our All-Pro left tackle has a back that’s made up of sawdust and toffee.

We still don’t have reliable public transportation to the stadium. Thanks, Jerry. I hope the outrageous parking fees make you enough money to buy a case of Johnny Walker Blue and John Bonham yourself. "
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    NFL News...

- Buffalo will start rookie QB Josh Allen in his 1st preseason start against the Bengals this week. Allen could become the 1st QB of the 2018 class to end up starting come the regular season if he plays solid against them , he will likely be named the week #1 starter.
    You gotta love his chances against the Bungles. Every rookie should have their first game be against a team like that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You gotta love his chances against the Bungles. Every rookie should have their first game be against a team like that.
    I was gonna say, "Unless Vontaze Burfict tries to cheap-shot him and rip his leg off..."

Then I remembered Burfict's suspension for PEDs will sit him for the first four, so that's not even something Allen will have to worry about.

Makes me almost feel sorry for Brock Osweiler, when Burfict comes back the week they play the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Makes me almost feel sorry for Brock Osweiler, when Burfict comes back the week they play the Dolphins.
    Will Brock even be the starter at that point?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Will Brock even be the starter at that point?
    Isn't it supposed to be Ryan Tannehill again ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well, at least they're not the only 0-16 team ever. But...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE DETROIT LIONS

Drew Magary: "Time to bust out one of my favorite stats, which is that the Lions have not had a running back rush for over 100 yards since Thanksgiving 2013. It is the “KC went a whole year without a wideout scoring a touchdown” of rushing futility benchmarks, and I love it."
    Brian: "Last year, Blake f***ing Bortles won more playoff games than this entire slapd*** franchise has in the last 52 years. Hit Bull Win Steak: Stafford is 6-51 against teams with a winning record in his career."

Ryan: "Why was anyone surprised that an organization that drafted and cultivated Titus Young couldn’t do a basic background check on their new sex offender head coach?"

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't it supposed to be Ryan Tannehill again ?
    He's not confirmed for the start as far as I know. I figure the Fins picked up Osweiler because they were not completely sure they would start Tannehill just yet.

It's a 2 for 1 Wednesday, so soak up breaking that two-decade long playoff drought because it's...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE BUFFALO BILLS

Best Bills' fan submissions:

Conrad:"In Hawaii’s third game of 2017, Josh Rosen completed 22 of 25 passes for 329 yards and 5 TDs. Rosen sat out the final 11:40 of the game.

In Hawaii’s fourth game of 2017, Josh Allen completed 8 of 18 passes for 67 yards and 0 TDs in regulation."

Ryan: "Because our starting running back was accused of domestic violence, child abuse, robbery, animal abuse and steroid abuse, and it isn’t even the worst thing a Bills running back has been accused of."
    Zack: "Since 2013, Jim Kelly has beaten cancer more times than the Bills have beaten the Patriots."

NFL News ..

- The Kansas City Chiefs cut RB Charcandrick West today as his position on depth chart was taken. The Chiefs will save $1.7 million with salary cap due to this.

- The NY Jets cut kicker Cairo Santos after signing him in March. Santos was a former Chief who had injured his groin in 2017 preseason and was replaced in KC. He tried catching on with Bears and his injury flared back up. Santos has converted 90 of 107 FG's in his career.

- DE Charles Johnson has announced his retirement after 11 seasons with Carolina. The DE logged 67.5 career sacks and 20 forced fumbles in his career. He was suspended for 4 games in the final part of 2017 over voilating the leagues PED policy. Johnson's biggest career run was 2010-2014 where he had 52.5 sacks in his career.

- New England continues to trim its WR group and today announced releasing Kenny Britt (WR) . Britt joined the team last December on a 2 year deal. Anyhow a hamstring injury kept him from playing in preseason thus far. The team did sign Eric Decker to a contract and enter the season with Decker , Chris Hogan , Phillip Dorsett and Cordelle Patterson now. After releasing Britt , Jordan Matthews and and Malcolm Mitchell this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's a 2 for 1 Wednesday, so soak up breaking that two-decade long playoff drought because it's...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE BUFFALO BILLS

Best Bills' fan submissions:

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me about that. Not. Vigen has times he can be on, and times where you wonder what game he's coaching. Supposedly he's been learning from the Stanford OC on playcalling and what not, which hopefully means more than a run up the middle for 1st and 2nd down for 3 yards total, then rely on Josh to bail him out.

And I wish I was kidding. 2016 Josh had Chase Roullier at Center (now plays for the Redskins), Brian Hill at RB (now with the Bengals), Tanner Gentry as his main WR (now with the Bears) and Jacob Hollister at TE (now with the Patriots). Those guys, with Josh, bailed Vigen out so much in 2016 (Brian Hill, for example, had multiple 200 yard games and set the Wyoming record, for example). 2017, it was down to Josh.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I will never unsee Old Lady.

Speaking of the Colts, local radio hosts aren't allowed to discuss the real reason Bob Lamey retired so suddenly.

Like, we have to tiptoe around the fact he got canned for using the N-word?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Speaking of the Colts, local radio hosts aren't allowed to discuss the real reason Bob Lamey retired so suddenly.

Like, we have to tiptoe around the fact he got canned for using the N-word?
    Ain't that some shit. I'm dying to hear the context. I thought Lamey was finally realizing that after muffing names and plays for the past 4 years, while having Sorgi cover for him he'd finally seen the light and ride into the sunset. No fool like an old one I guess.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Cowboys center Travis Frederick is out indefinitely after being diagnosed with Guillan-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disease that attacks and weakens the nerves. Depending on the severity and how far it has progressed, recovery can require physical therapy and can last 8 months to a year. It's uncertain how severe Frederick's case is though. he had been feeling weakness and tingling in his neck and arms which had been attributed to suffering a stinger, but it was G-B syndrome, not a stinger. This is a big blow to the Cowboys this year. Frederick is the o-line captain, reading defenses and altering protections and run block schemes at the line accordingly. He is what makes the O-line go, and the Cowboys only go as far as that line can take them. He may be the one player the Cowboys couldn't afford to lose.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato