Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1395

All right, preseason crap is almost done, bring on the real football

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    All right, preseason crap is almost done, bring on the real football
    Thank god for that!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Well, the Chiefs didn't improve. The Vikings did.
    The Chiefs went into rebuilding through the draft. The Vikings had 2-3 winning seasons after the trade and went to 1 NFC Championship game . So in terms of who really won here....its not like Jared Allen powered them to the playoffs and championship each season. (They had 2-3 losing seasons during his time)

The 49ers got beat down by Haley twice before they could win another title a couple of years later. Haley ended up with three more rings on his new team, and he was a huge reason why. Jared Allen had his best years in Minnesota. He was a three time first team All Pro there. He did his part. The NFL is still dictated by QB play though. And outside of that big year Favre, had in 2009, the Vikings were terrible at QB. Still, that doesn't negate the value that an elite pass rusher has compared to every other type of player except QB. Again, this is why they never get traded. Especially now with more passing than the NFL has ever seen. A good pass rusher is basically half your defense.
    Haley was viewed as the final piece of a puzzle to get them to a Super Bowl. Allen as good as he was at DE , well a knock was he wasn't good stopping the run. A lot of great DE's aren't and the team has losing seasons as we saw. I mean KC was in rebuilding mode at this stage and viewed fixing the offensive line as the big move to do here. (They used the Allen draft pick to get Brandon Albert ...who was part of the team for 7-8 seasons and was a Pro Bowl guy)

Irrelevant. Your defense is still miles better when you have a player like that on your roster, compared to when you don't. It doesn't mean it's an automatic ticket to a championship. Just like having a superstar quarterback isn't. Your chances of winning increase because of a player that helps your defense immensely.
    Sure it does , but also if you draft well enough to compensate that also works. New England has lost pass rushing DE/OLB for years and they manage to draft to compensate for that as we see. Oakland has to measure with , can we draft to replace this guy ? Who we bring in...can he replace this guy ?

Depends who it is. The franchise tag gives teams huge leverage over players. If it's a pass rusher that is on a HOF pace in their prime, there really isn't a reason to let them go unless someone wants to trade you their superstar QB. And that won't happen.
    No it won't happen because reality doesn't work that way in the NFL. A team will send a solid offensive player. Like say if Adrian Peterson was in his prime , they'd possibly trade him and a couple draft picks in exchange for Mack. But the Raiders are loaded offensively , who do you get here ? They will have to take draft picks if they wanna unload Mack.

Not everyone in the locker room is someone like Mack, who is a good candidate to get tagged. Players shouldn't get mad at teams using the franchise tag. They should get made at the NFLPA for agreeing for the franchise tag to be utilized like this when they signed the last CBA. If you're the Raiders, you don't give into players demands period. It just sets a bad precedant where anyone can hold out when they aren't satisfied with their contract. They have all the leverage right now. Mack can either report and play, or he can sit out and miss $800,000 a game. And after this year, he'll be tagged. And the year after that. I don't think Mack is that stupid though. A deal will be reached.
    A number of players become friends on the team and the actions of an organization can alienate those who become solid great (maybe not HOF who knows) at other positions. If they become free agents they too will look at how their friend was done over his contract and tagged because things broke down over money. And players unite over money . Yes the Raiders have some leverage but at a certain point if Mack decides to sit the season they will have to question ..WTF are we getting here ? A player who won't play for us. He's getting fined sure but we'd rather either A) Have Mack or B) Get something for him.

They can do this while Mack holds out.
    I think that is what they have started with teams contacting them and a price tag already mentioned.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    What are you talking about? Mack has been in the NFL since 2015. That's four seasons. And he's started every single game. He's been First Team All Pro 2 times, and a Pro Bowler 3 times. He already has 40.5 sacks. That's a HOF pace. Top ten at his position? What? Mack is a top 3 edge defender. He's not only a quality pass rusher, he's a quality coverage and run defender.
    Yes I saw that mistake. He's on pace to potentially be all that, I'm just not quite convinced yet. The reason is that last year I felt he was lackluster compared to 2016. In 2016 he was everything you say and more, seemed like a definite HoF guy. And I'm a little concerned with this holdout - I understand its about the money at some level, but at his age and stage in his career I wish he had his head in the game more.

Don't mean to sound rude, but I think you need to watch more football or pay better attention.
    I can always watch more football! Hope I get a chance to this coming year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'll finish up the last few days of WYTS in this thread...

Why Your Team Sucks: THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Ryan: "It took one AFC South crown for the fanbase to forget that we may be the worst franchise of the 21st century. All the Jaguars needed to win the South was catastrophic injuries to the division’s only good quarterbacks and another crack at their last-place schedule. Now the perpetually backwards citizens of Duval county (and the four other Jacksonville counties that the team doesn’t mention) truly believe that Blake Bortles and Doug Marrone are leading the Jags to a 15-1 Super Bowl season in 2019. Jalen Ramsey is the only player I’ve loved this decade and he’s definitely going to join his hometown Titans in free agency. The team is already 12.5% relocated to London."

Morgan: "We made it to the AFC championship game last year, yet people still ask me if the Jaguars are a professional football team. The Jaguars reached for new exciting heights last season only to fall flat numerous times throughout the season to inferior teams because we are tapioca-turd flavored pudding and our coaches have the spinal fortitude of a dachshund."
    Drew Magary: "Rather than splurge during the offseason on an uncommonly deep class of quarterbacking free agents, the Jaguars opted to extend Bortles’ contract. Did they bother to give him any competition in camp? Of course not. Only the immortal Cody Kessler is waiting in the bullpen. They could have traded for Teddy Bridgewater a week ago, and yet they’re gonna opt to waste another year f***ing this particular chicken. Will Bortles perform well enough to justify the $34 million he’s due in 2019 and 2020? Of course not. Have fun with Tyrod Taylor next year. Come summer 2019, Bortles will be unemployed and terrorizing basement drywall.

To better protect Bortles both from defenders and from himself, the Jaguars signed Andrew Norwell away from Carolina to be the highest-paid guard in the league. This will not prevent Leonard Fournette from developing some kind of nagging injury that bogs him down for half the season, nor will it alleviate the fact that your wideouts are D.J. Chark and Keelan Cole. Paying Andrew Norwell that much money is like hiring the Queen’s Guard to patrol an empty house.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is your new tight end. Make sure you download Uber for him, and NEVER let a referee review one of his touchdowns. For secondary depth, the team signed DJ Hayden, whose most significant achievement in Oakland was not having his heart explode during gameplay.

The made the helmets better. Dogs can pee in the stadium now.

On the field, I know you wanna think everything good from last season will carry over. It will not. The chance of turdery on this defense abounds. Marcell Dareus was accused of sexual assault this offseason. Twice. The second Jalen Ramsey shows any sign of regression, his act will become insufferable and you’ll be openly rooting for AJ Green to choke him out again. The plague of injuries that brought down all of the league’s good quarterbacks last season will not repeat itself. Deshaun Watson is healthy again, and that means the end of your little magic Pinto ride. Time for you to revert back to form, Jacksonville. The swamp beckons. You won’t have any promising leads to blow this time around."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

NFL News ...

- The Raiders are not only looking to trade Mack , but are now trying to shop 2015 , 2nd rd draft pick Mario Edwards (DT) who has never lived up to that billing. Edwards has battled injuries in his 3 seasons and has 5.5 career sacks.

- Arizona will keep Mike Glennon on the roster it seems as an emergency just in case for Bradford and not having to throw a rookie QB into starting.

- Today the St. Louis Rams threw MORE money into players and signed the big one. Aaron Donald (DT) was signed to a 6 year extension worth $135 million. Overall the deal is $141 million fully and Donald gets $87+ million in guarantees. That sound you heard was the Raiders eyes popping as now the $60+ million Mack wanted in guarantees may change now.

- Christian Hackenberg was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles and jokes are what team will try with him again ? lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Arizona will keep Mike Glennon on the roster it seems as an emergency just in case for Bradford and not having to throw a rookie QB into starting.
    I'm fine with this one, especially when considering Rosen only played in 2 preseason games due to a thumb injury in training camp practice.

Also, betting whoever hit him and injured that thumb did not make the cut down to 53 man roster.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm fine with this one, especially when considering Rosen only played in 2 preseason games due to a thumb injury in training camp practice.

Also, betting whoever hit him and injured that thumb did not make the cut down to 53 man roster.
    Sometimes accidents happen in camp at times. If its an accident and the guy didn't mean to hurt his thumb , he'll get a pass. Not like the Dolphins idiot who ran into someone on purpose to lay them out.

And it appears Mack according to Ian Rappaport will be prepared to miss regular season games unless he gets paid now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-miss-football

Both sides haven't had talks in months and the new deal by Donald just complicates matters for the team as Mack will demand the $60+ million in guarantees.

BANNED

Packers and the Browns making a big play for Mack

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs went into rebuilding through the draft. The Vikings had 2-3 winning seasons after the trade and went to 1 NFC Championship game . So in terms of who really won here....its not like Jared Allen powered them to the playoffs and championship each season. (They had 2-3 losing seasons during his time)
    Point is the Chiefs defensive unit got worse, and the Vikings didn't.

Haley was viewed as the final piece of a puzzle to get them to a Super Bowl. Allen as good as he was at DE , well a knock was he wasn't good stopping the run. A lot of great DE's aren't and the team has losing seasons as we saw. I mean KC was in rebuilding mode at this stage and viewed fixing the offensive line as the big move to do here. (They used the Allen draft pick to get Brandon Albert ...who was part of the team for 7-8 seasons and was a Pro Bowl guy)
    And Haley was a big reason in the those NFC Championships during the 1992 and 1993 seasons as to why the 49ers couldn't advance past Dallas. He owned Steve Wallace, and Young was constantly pressured. If Haley isn't traded the 49ers probably have at least two Super Bowls in the 1990's.

Sure it does , but also if you draft well enough to compensate that also works. New England has lost pass rushing DE/OLB for years and they manage to draft to compensate for that as we see. Oakland has to measure with , can we draft to replace this guy ? Who we bring in...can he replace this guy ?
    Every year a your draft class is a complete crap shoot. There has never really been one team that has consistently nailed the draft. Which is why your superstars help carry the load from year to year. New England does well, because they have maybe the best QB and head coach of all time. Not because their draft picks pan out ever year. Playing in the AFC East also helps.

No it won't happen because reality doesn't work that way in the NFL. A team will send a solid offensive player. Like say if Adrian Peterson was in his prime , they'd possibly trade him and a couple draft picks in exchange for Mack. But the Raiders are loaded offensively , who do you get here ? They will have to take draft picks if they wanna unload Mack.
    No one would trade Mack for even a Tomlinson clone at age 22. HOF pass rusher >>>>>>>>>>>> HOF runningback. Especially in this day and age.

A number of players become friends on the team and the actions of an organization can alienate those who become solid great (maybe not HOF who knows) at other positions. If they become free agents they too will look at how their friend was done over his contract and tagged because things broke down over money. And players unite over money . Yes the Raiders have some leverage but at a certain point if Mack decides to sit the season they will have to question ..WTF are we getting here ? A player who won't play for us. He's getting fined sure but we'd rather either A) Have Mack or B) Get something for him.
    That could be a factor, but at the end of the day I'd say getting the best deal for yourself regardless of what organization it comes from is going to take precedence 90% of the time. Your time is so limited as a player in the NFL in addition to your career being over in the snap of a finger, you have no choice but to capitalize at the best payday opportunity you'll get, if it ever comes.

Aaron Donald got his payday. Rams are going to be a force. Sucks for my 49ers.

Mack is now the Bears problem, Oakland is getting at least two first round picks from them

Extraordinary Member

Seen a lot of Raiders fans freak, but that’s more than fair compensation. You can do a lot with two first rounders

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Seen a lot of Raiders fans freak, but that’s more than fair compensation. You can do a lot with two first rounders
    I am freaked, but we got 2 first round picks plus $23 million.