Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News , a new Brady mark is ...he's the final player of 2000 NFL Draft still with the original team that drafted him. After Sebastian Janikowski's exit from Oakland for 2018 , Brady enters as the final player still with that original team.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I remember watching this back in 2000. The replacements in this span was Boomer Esasian , Dennis Miller and Dan Fouts. None of them lasted beyond a couple seasons.

I didn't see Boomer Esasian on MNF but I really enjoy listening to him do play by play on radio. I like the way he explains things.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I didn't see Boomer Esasian on MNF but I really enjoy listening to him do play by play on radio. I like the way he explains things.
    In Boomer's case what hurt him was ...like Tony Romo where he's trying to find his voice in the booth plus chemistry ....he was thrown onto a prime time show right after he retired. Its what hurt him and MNF there. It wasn't til he went to be an analyst awhile and did the radio that he grew. The Boomer of MNF wasn't good...the guy on CBS pregame was drastically better.

Its weird how the booth went a bunch of years through some bad ideas though on MNF. I always remember when Theisman got fired and he questioned why ? Because he analyzing the game as he had done for years on Sunday Night Football on ESPN and now on Monday. And as the producer (and he was fired in 2009 when ESPN over hauled the booth) explained to him , well you don't joke with Tony Kornheiser enough.

Thankfully that era ended as ESPN realized that producer was a fucking moron.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News the Houston Texans have told Brian Cushing they are moving on from him and he won't be back in 2018. Cushing cut isn't shocking as he was listed as a potential one due to his level of play dropping the last few seasons as well as his 2nd drug suspension for using performance enhancing drugs. He was suspended 10 games last year for that. Cushing became the Texans all-time leading tackler in his 9 seasons with the team.

Fantastic Member

Surprised that Cushing has been around for 9 seasons already. Although I think he only played 5 seasons from all of his injuries.

In NFL News more roster cuts have started.

- Tampa Bay has cut Chris Baker (DT) and Doug Martin (RB). Both had really struggled last season and in Martin's case he had years where he struggled for 2+ seasons and did not gain over 450 yards in both seasons. The Bucs saved some money but will have to pay $6 million in dead money for Baker's deal.

- The Jaguars exercised their option on Mercedes Lewis (TE) and he will be back in 2018.

- The Bears will release Jerrell Freeman (LB) after 2 seasons where he was busted for PED's ...twice. Also he had an injury and started 1 game in 2017. The Bears also will decline the $8 million option on Josh Sitton (Guard). Sitton battled injuries in 2017 and didn't play as well. With offensive line talent in the draft and someone possibly to take over his spot the Bears decided to move on.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With Frank Reich in Indianapolis and John DiFillipo in Minnesota, the Eagles promoted quarterbacks coach Mike Groh to offensive coordinator and Duce Staley to assistant head coach/running backs coach.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

More NFL news.

- The Tennessee Titans resigned kicker Ryan Succop to a 5 year $20+ million dollar contract. Succop will earn $7.5 million in guarantees and will earn $8.75 the 1st 2 years of the contract. Succop was considered the best veteran kicker on the market in free agency.

- David Tepper is considered the odds on favorite to buy the Carolina Panthers as he owns a Hedge fun and is worth $11 billion dollars. Carolina will likely top the $1.4 billion paid for the Buffalo Bills a couple seasons ago. Tepper owns a 5% stake in Pittsburgh Steelers and if approved will have to sell that stake.

- Miami placed the franchise tag on Jarvis Landry (WR) keeping him in place for 2018. Landry wanted to stay in Miami and the tag will count $16 million against the cap. Also teams could work a deal with Landry but will cost them 2 , 1st round picks. Also a big question for Miami as they work a deal is Landry's worth. As he led the team with 112 receptions , his yards per catch was 8.8 yards per game for the season. So Miami is in a spot as they decide on what to do with Landry in 2018.

Fantastic Member

I read the following on NFL.com talking about veteran player trades:
    Vinny Curry, DE, Philadelphia Eagles: The defending Super Bowl champions are the only organization currently in the red cap-wise, according to OverTheCap.com. While they can make some cost-saving moves like cutting Torrey Smith and possibly Brent Celek, the Eagles might be the only team forced to say goodbye to quality veterans this offseason to save some money. General manager Howie Roseman's good problem is that he has too many reasonable contracts on the books.

Curry is still a very effective pass rusher who played a big role in the team's playoff success, but he's due $9 million at a deep position for the team. With so few pass rushers available in free agency, it's not a stretch to think Curry's contract would be attractive to another team.

Another dark horse to get dealt by the Eagles would be tackle Jason Peters because of his high cap number ($10.6 million, according to OverTheCap.com) and the team's success despite his injury last season. Roseman is unlikely to get seduced into bringing the same team back in 2018.

Whoops, meant to add it's tough to keep a good team together. We'll see what happens...

NFL News

- The Buffalo Bills are prepared to keep Tyrod Taylor and pay him $18 million guaranteed next season in a weird gamble where they think a team may work a trade for him. Fans and the Bills themselves have questioned Taylor's play and hitting WR's across the middle of the field. Yet the Bills are in a spot where they don't likely believe they can get in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes and really aren't gonna pursue AJ McCarron and Case Keenum.

- Tampa Bay has released kicker Nick Folk after 1 season. Folk was famous for beating out a former 2nd round pick in training camp and only played in 4 games where he was worse. He then was beaten out by another kicker.

NFL News -

- Former NFL Player Jonathon Martin was arrested for what some thought was a threat he posted on social media about his former High School. Martin posted an image and tagged 2 former Dolphins , Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncy. The post was a rifle and about bullying and its been reported both players with the Dolphins bullied Martin there.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/23/jo...ow_facebook_si

- In another annual yearly Kansas City Chiefs shocker....the team will be trading All-Pro Marcus Peters ! The team announced they will be trading Peters to the LA Rams now. The deal originally was KC wanted All-Pro Robert Quinn but the Chiefs instead loaded up on draft picks and its likely they got the Rams , 1st round pick and a few others for Peters. The big question is why did the Chiefs trade a talent like Peters ?

His behavior in 2017 became an issue as he once got into a scuffle with a referee and threw the flag into the stands. He also its said had issues with Chiefs coaches. The team has already traded for a CB and are in the process of over-hauling the defense now. Also the team felt Peters would make a demand for a huge contract in 2 seasons when he became a free agent and they moved him for the maximum value they could get.

- The Jacksonville Jaguars have released Chris Ivory (RB) after 2 seasons. Ivory's role with the Jaguars was limited. At 29 he's expected to be looked at by other teams

-Former Jet David Harris (LB) is retiring after 11 seasons. The LB was nicknamed "The Hitman" and was considered the best draft pick during the Eric Mangini era as he was a 2nd round pick who became one of the best Jets defensive players of all-time. In 2017 when the Jets unloaded all their older players , Harris was one. He spent his final season in New England as a starter pushing for a Super Bowl ring. Its a bet Harris will end up in Jets ring of honor.

Here is a run down of the yearly shockers that Andy Reid does it seems.

2014 - Cuts Brandon Flowers - All-Pro CB. : Flowers its claimed never fit Bob Sutton's scheme and disagreed with it. This after being considered a huge star at CB a couple seasons earlier. Was signed to San Diego where he never was that same player. Retired in 2017 due to injuries.

2015 - Allows Rodney Hudson to leave in free agency : . Hudson went to Oakland where he anchors that line. KC had a younger replacement in mind who starts for them today.

2016 - Trades Marcus Cooper (CB) to Arizona in a shocking trade . Cooper was a decent 2nd/3rd CB. The Chiefs surprised folks and traded him.

2017 - Cuts Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Macklin : Macklin's cut was the stunner as it happened in camp. But the Chiefs decided to move on and even stunned him.

2018 - Trades Marcus Peters for draft picks .

Continues the trend of Reid making shocking cuts and trades.

Peters is too immature. He's got talent, but for a 25-year old he really has no excuse for being so unprofessional at times. Mixed bag for the Rams, but I have a sense that Sean McVay will be more able to control him than Andy Reid could.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Peters definitely has enough talent to take that risk in trading for him and hoping you can control him.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

The RAMS are in a spot now. According to a Chiefs site by trading for Peters , they now have a ton of players they have in a year or two to lock into contracts long term. Peters becomes a free agent in 2 seasons as well. He'll be wanting big money as well. So the Rams have Robert Quinn (DE) , Sammy Watkins (WR) , and Aaron Donald (DT). Right now the Rams are $40 million under the salary cap for next season.

There are rumors and Bill Maas from a KC radio station claims that fans will be really happy with what KC got for Marcus Peters wants its revealed. But right now we have another week before its revealed exactly what draft picks the Chiefs got. One rumor is KC got a player in the trade to go with this. But no idea yet til the league year starts.

In any case who would think that the Chiefs in the span of 2+ months would pull off 2 huge trades that quick ?