There hasn't been a recent food thread on here from what I can see so I started one!

I live 8 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland and there has been an explosion in the new food places around here. We seem to get all the upmarket burger places and doughnut stores constantly opening now and Taco Bell arrived shortly after Smashburger in Glasgow but the first Tim Horton's in the UK opened a little while back and there is a street in Glasgow (St Vincent Street) clogged with fantastic burgers, with basically every second store having great burgers.

I'm a big fan of the Hungry Horse bar restaurant chain and I eat in there when I get a chance (they do a pretty wide range from traditional British stuff to burgers, steaks and even curries and some Chinese and Mexican dishes) but I tried the Cocoabean Café at Braehead mall the other day and they had an Oreo brownie that was earthshattering.

I'm a huge Italian food fan and I've been trying to make more of the kinda stuff I love at home. I've been dabbling with various styles of meatball pasta but something else I've had a crazy notion for have been tortilla wraps with spiced mashed potatoes and meatballs. Sounds a bit quirky but actually has an Indian vibe to it.

We had the worst snow in over 30 years recently and I was buying a few pizzas from the local Domino's as there were 8 inches of snow around and getting to the local store was a bit of a nightmare. Glad to be back to regular food even though the pizza was pretty good.

I was a full time carer for my elderly parents until very recently but my Dad passed away and my Mum moved to full time residential care so I'm having to adapt to a totally different method of cooking and I'm making a far more varied selection of stuff but I'm having to get used to making a helluva lot less and making fancy, complex dishes can be a bit of a waste of time for one sometimes. Often I can't keep the same range of stuff in the fridge as using it up quickly enough can be impossible.