Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here’s one...

Superman: Sunspot (Solar Powered, Flight, Super Strength, Invulnerability)
    Batman: Doctor Nemesis (Genius with High-Tech Gadgets)
    Wonder Woman: Rogue or Psylocke
    Flash: Northstar (Speed)
    Green Lantern: Cecilia Reyes (Constructs kinda)
    Aquaman: Namor
    Cyborg: Madison Jeffries (Uses insane technology/technopathic abilities)
    Last edited by Geek Mangacomic; 02-07-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I agree on Flash-Quicksilver, Aurora and Northstar are also speedsters but they have to fly to move at superhuman speed, and they have other powers too.
    Not so. The Beaubier twins can run almost as fast as they can fly.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Batman - Yukio
    Superman - M
    Wonder Woman - Rogue
    The Flash - Quicksilver
    Martian Manhunter - Jean Grey
    Green Lantern - Polaris
    Aquaman - Namor
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Superman - Namor
    Batman - Archangel
    Wonder Woman - Rogue
    Flash - Quicksilver
    Green Lantern (Kyle)- Magneto
    Martian Manhunter- X
    Aquaman - Loa

I went with a team that I thought could actually take on the JLA and win while staying in the OP's rules. It also would make a very good story due to all the very strong connections the individual characters have.

Namor against Superman since he is tied with being the first superhero to fly ever with the original Human torch and because under water his strength was said to be limitless during the Silver Age. Just would have to trick him to go underwater.....

Archangel for Batman due to having the large bank account, multiple skill sets to make up for his lack of power, and due to using fear as weapon. Not only that but the winged theme is still in play along with throwing sharp objects at people.

Rogue for Wonder Woman due to be strong females who can inspire. I also think if Rogue could get her hands on WW she would very much have a chance of defeating her.

Quicksilver for Flash because he is the only "true" Speedster they have ever had associated with the group. Plus he has a few connections with team members that would be fun to read about.

Magneto against GL due to his ability to manipulate light with his magnetic powers makes him one of the few X-Men that stands a chance against someone who can create whatever they wish out of light with their mind.

X agains Martian Manhunter due to his telepathic powers being superior to the martian. I can see the good Professor instantly sensing the Martian telepathic powers and engaging him into a battle on the Astro plane just to take him off the field as a threat to his students.

Last but not least Loa. I know some are going to be like "WTF" DragonsChi. But hear me out. The kid has a very strong connection to Namor, she's an underwater character, and she can destroy anything by phasing through it. She would be the new kid on the block like Kyle as a GL. She also stands a chance of beating Aquaman due to her phasing ability. If this match is to the death....she could put her hand through Auqamans head and then go help Namor with Supes. If it isn't....kid will have to be more creative but I'm sure she could handle it if the X-Men work as a unit.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Batman - X-23
    Superman - Hellion
    Wonder Woman - M
    The Flash - Dust (?)
    Martian Manhunter - Kid Omega
    Green Lantern - Mercury
    Aquaman - Shark Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Batman - X-23
    Superman - Hellion
    Wonder Woman - M
    The Flash - Dust (?)
    Martian Manhunter - Kid Omega
    Green Lantern - Mercury
    Aquaman - Shark Girl
    Man, I didn’t know Dust has super speed.

I don't think any of the living Academy X kids have super speed.

Superman - Hellion
    Batman - Prodigy
    Wonder Woman - Surge (?)
    Flash - Transonic (could also be Nori)
    Green Lantern (Kyle) - Trance (or Indra)
    Martian Manhunter - Rockslide(?)
    Aquaman - Loa

Surge does.

Yeah. I was thinking of Surge but I wasn't sure how fast she is compared to Northstar, Quicksilver or Karolina.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Velocidad. But okay he's a student but was part of the 5 lights
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Holy crap this is really a lot harder than I thought it would be. I can pick Avengers or even X-men villains but there's not a ton of analogies that work here.

Superman - This one is actually the hardest for me to come up with. If we were to include villains the answer would clearly be Vulcan (as hated as he is, he fits perfectly.) To me there is no one good answer here that can do even half of what superman can do. Super strength? Colossus, Eye Beams? Cyclops, Flight - quite a few of course. - Freezing breath? Iceman. Wind (from breath) Storm...but if I had to pick someone who could do the most it would be Rogue (that's just flight and super strength)
    Batman - I completely disagree that Wolverine is not the analogy to Batman but since you specifically cited that example, I would say Archangel. Part of me wanted to go with Bishop or Gambit or even Psylocke (non telepathy aside).
    Wonder Woman - Monet
    Flash - Northstar though I wanted to say Nightcrawler...but teleportation =/= super speed.
    Green Lantern - Magneto (he can use his magnetism to make "constructs"). Kind of almost wanted to go with Psylocke on this one too for making telekenetic constructs, but once again ignoring the telepathy part.
    Cyborg - Forge
    Aquaman - Namor. Though I wanted to go with psylocke here too becau...no, just kidding. she has no reason to be on this one.

To hell with it just make the entire team a team of Psylockes.

Yeah. I was thinking of Surge but I wasn't sure how fast she is compared to Northstar, Quicksilver or Karolina.
    Good lord. I've been looking for that scan from Uncanny X-Men 509 where Nori eats Northstar's dust. Not really a good showing considering Northstar is going intentionally fast and Nori was doing a morning stroll but still.

So I'd say she's definitely slower than QS and Northstar.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Good lord. I've been looking for that scan from Uncanny X-Men 509 where Nori eats Northstar's dust. Not really a good showing considering Northstar is going intentionally fast and Nori was doing a morning stroll but still.

LOL who ever wrote this obviously have no idea how Storm's powers work. Then again, you could say that for pretty much all the current writers at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Surge's speed has always relied on how much electricity she has available, she uses it as she moves. She's good for short bursts, but prolonged used will drain her batteries so she couldn't really compete in a race with speedsters like Quicksilver or Northstar without a consistent energy source.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    LOL who ever wrote this obviously have no idea how Storm's powers work. Then again, you could say that for pretty much all the current writers at Marvel.
    Not sure what you mean good sir.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.