Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Millar's Superman miniseries is officially dead

Mark Millar confirmed on Twitter today that as a result of the Netflix/Millarworld deal, the comic reworking of his '08 Superman movie pitch "ain't never happening". Fingers crossed that he reconfigures it into a Superior book or something at some point (while the kid's own adventure in the original miniseries has been told unless there's a follow-up with him, the in-universe comic character he was based on could have a story to tell too, especially since Millar mentioned he existed in the world of the Jupiter's Circle/Legacy/Requiem books).
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

Yeah, he confirmed that a couple of months ago. Tweeted a pic with the AoS and RS trades saying "These are officially the only Superman books you'll ever get from me". I was so looking forward to it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That's a shame, but I suppose it's for the best. At least now we will be spared him doing press for this now cancelled book, making an ass of himself when reporters start asking him about some of the really stupid things he's said over the years about Lois Lane and Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He suggested in a podcast last month he might do the book someday - with Quitely or Hitch were his suggestions - but the impression is that that'd be years and years off if ever, and given he mentioned in another tweet that it was a matter of him now being "too expensive" for DC rather than not being allowed to, I'm doubtful that it'll ever really happen.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He suggested in a podcast last month he might do the book someday - with Quitely or Hitch were his suggestions - but the impression is that that'd be years and years off if ever, and given he mentioned in another tweet that it was a matter of him now being "too expensive" for DC rather than not being allowed to, I'm doubtful that it'll ever really happen.
    Millar is probably the only comic book writer that makes more money than Kirkman, so yeah, he most be pretty expensive. If he does this book someday, it will be because he wants to, not because of what he would be paid.

Incredible Member

He'll probably still do it in the future, he has tons of Superman ideas written all over his house and he always said it would be a shame to not do anything with it. Plus he really sounded like this was a dream come true for him, but his company comes first and I can't blame him for priorizing the Netflix deal. Still, it's a bummer because I was expecting it sooner than later, but now it'll be at least another decade until it happens. I don't like the choice of Quitely, he already did All-Star, and Hitch is long past his A game nowadays. Stuart Immonen was another one he suggested a while ago and it would be awesome.

I think he'll do it someday but not anytime soon. He loves Superman and he really wants to leave his mark on the character. He already said in that podcast that it's just a matter of when the stars align. Obviously he'll say another thing on Twitter because he wants people to focus on his Millarworld projects. Once he builds his own brand he'll go to do his Superman story at DC and it will be promoted as a big event.