Default Alternate Superman actors

Hi, Everyone! I was reading about Justice League Mortal and it is said that DJ Cotrona (GI JOE RETALIATION, FROM DUSK TIL DAWN series) was slated to play Superman. Do you guys see him as a good choice? How does he compare to Cavill?

His head reminds me of Steven Strait of THE EXPANSE. His physique seems comparable to Cavill. While we are at it would either of them be good replacement Supes in the event of a reboot?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well the guy they had playing Batman in JLM, Armie Hammer, is actually my ideal Superman hands down. DJ Cotrona I haven't really seen outside of his pictures. Not that Superman is exactly an Oscar role, but I can't be sure of what kinda presence he has.

I know it's kind of shallow to care about height but IMO, Cotrona was too short to play Superman(5'9), and in a Justice League movie also starring Armie Hammer(nearly 6'5) as Batman, the height difference would have been nearly comical.

I can't really say about DJ Cotrona. Is he a good actor? I haven't seen him to form an opinion. My opinion in such cases is something boring. Get a good actor. I don't care for physique including looks, height or build. As long as the guy's a good actor, a talented actor i am fine. Physique can be built up. Height can be compensated as long as he is not someone like Peter Dinklage. Height would be desirable, as Superman is supposed to be a tall guy but in my opinion its not that important. But first and foremost get a good actor. That can never be compromised. Christopher Reeve was not well built. He bulked up later. He had the looks but most importantly he could really act.

Cavill is also a really good actor. Those who are not sold on his Superman yet, try to imagine Man of Steel as not a 'Superman' movie. But rather story of an alien who realizes that he is not human. An isolated person conflicted due to two opposing viewpoints of two father figures he has to live up to as he is finding his place in this world. He is pretty good. I wish to see him more as Superman. But if they recast him its understandable. DCEU films haven't done well.

To bring Superman to screen you need acting talent. They were thinking of the likes of Mohammed Ali as Superman. That could have been a disaster.

I also like to go against the grain. For a while i am liking Adam Driver as Superman. He could play a really good Superman. He is talented. Choose him and let the fans loose their minds while chaos reigns supreme in fan community. muhahaahaa...
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-11-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I know it's kind of shallow to care about height but IMO, Cotrona was too short to play Superman(5'9), and in a Justice League movie also starring Armie Hammer(nearly 6'5) as Batman, the height difference would have been nearly comical.
    Tyler Hoechlin is 6'0" and people were calling him a midget. Then again Tom Hardy is 5'9" and he played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Tyler Hoechlin is 6'0" and people were calling him a midget. Then again Tom Hardy is 5'9" and he played Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.
    Good point, and Hardy looked like a BEAST as Bane. Just with some clever camera angles​ he looked more like 6 foot 9

They also called Dean Cain a midget as well. An actor doesn't have to be 6 foot plus. It helps, but as long as they can act, get in good shape and are over 5 foot 5,and are close to a classic Superman type in looks and how he carries himself, he can work.

Honestly, aside from the guy in that horrid tv musical version of the Broadway musical, all the live action Supes actors, including the Superboy and Smallville actors, all worked well for their specific versions.

Right now, Tyler and Henry are so perfect I can't really see anyone else in that role...But Adam Driver has someone above suggested... He's an intriguing choice. The dude can act. He is the best thing about the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I don't think Cotrona is a midget or anything, I just think Batman shouldn't tower over Superman. I know Affleck is taller than Cavill but it's only by a couple of inches.

Extraordinary Member

I like the idea of Oscar Isaac as Supes