Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Trade route

  1. #1
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    69

    Default Trade route

    Am I the only one? For financial reasons I mainly opt for 'trades' mainly digital' but does mean I am behind. Also can't resist reviews therefore spoilers. Still enjoy my DC but wish I was up there' with you guys.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northwest UK
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Am I the only one? For financial reasons I mainly opt for 'trades' mainly digital' but does mean I am behind. Also can't resist reviews therefore spoilers. Still enjoy my DC but wish I was up there' with you guys.
    Well, you do live up in Cumbria. It's not like there are dozens of comic book shops up there vying for your custom. One in Lancaster maybe? It makes sense to get trades delivered in that case.

    I live nearer to Manchester so it's possible for me to combine collecting on-goings with trade waiting. I can't resist spoilers either. I guess it all depends on where you actually live that dictates the manner in which you collect comics.

    Nice part of the world by the way Cumbria. I have relations up there, near Cockermouth.

  3. #3
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Am I the only one? For financial reasons I mainly opt for 'trades' mainly digital' but does mean I am behind. Also can't resist reviews therefore spoilers. Still enjoy my DC but wish I was up there' with you guys.
    It might be nice if there was a forum for comics fans who trade-waited.

    I tend to stick with digital these days myself, and buy physical TPBs of the stories I really enjoyed.

  4. #4
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It might be nice if there was a forum for comics fans who trade-waited.

    I tend to stick with digital these days myself, and buy physical TPBs of the stories I really enjoyed.
    CBR are you listening' a forum for those trade waiting. Please.

  5. #5
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Well, you do live up in Cumbria. It's not like there are dozens of comic book shops up there vying for your custom. One in Lancaster maybe? It makes sense to get trades delivered in that case.

    I live nearer to Manchester so it's possible for me to combine collecting on-goings with trade waiting. I can't resist spoilers either. I guess it all depends on where you actually live that dictates the manner in which you collect comics.

    Nice part of the world by the way Cumbria. I have relations up there, near Cockermouth.
    I'm Mancunian, but now live in Workington' not far from your relatives probably.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 02-07-2018 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Spelling

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    A lot of people ware trade only these days. Mine are physical rather than digital.

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I'm Manchurian but now live in Workington' not far from your relatives probably.
    Do you mean 'Mancunian' - or are you from Manchuria in China?

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Northwest UK
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I'm Manchurian but now live in Workington' not far from your relatives probably.
    Sorry, but is that Auto Correct messing 'Mancunian' up or are you actually Manchurian? My folks have a dog kennels business that they run near Cockermouth so, like you say, quite close by.

    I'm sorry to say that I doubt you'll get your 'Trade Waiters Forum'. It is frustrating when you get left behind in conversation. By the time that all the 'Arrowverse' shows get broadcast here in the UK they've already been discussed and dissected over on the TV/Film board and I've got nothing to add to it, so I know where you're coming from.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    CBR are you listening' a forum for those trade waiting. Please.
    But, how many people would actively use it on a daily basis?

  9. #9
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Sorry meant Mancunian

  10. #10
    Mighty Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    CBR are you listening' a forum for those trade waiting. Please.
    There's already a forum for collected editions. It's mixed with classic comics but there is discussion of trades of all sorts there, so any discussion of trade waiting readers could be posted there. Alternatively, start a thread in the forum for general discussion of trades as they are released, not the single issues. I doubt there's a whole need for another forum when either of these two options could cover the traffic generated by those who trade wait (I prefer trades myself and only get singles of series (usually creator-owned but not always) that I feel need/deserve my support monthly to keep going.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    I dropped single issues and switched to trades in June.
    I am very happy with it

  12. #12
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cumbria U.K.
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I'm finishing some lines' then will hopefully be totally taking the trade route.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I'm finishing some lines' then will hopefully be totally taking the trade route.
    Don’t do it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •