Dinah Lance Black Canary 3
    Conner Hawke Green Arrow 3
    John Stewart Green Lantern 3
    Michael Holt Mr Terrific 3
    Linda Danvers Supergirl 2
    Zatanna Zatara 2
    Cassandra Cain Batgirl 2
    Stephanie Brown Batgirl 2

Not surprised that Wally is running away with it but i thought Jack would higher.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I was wondering too, but I didn't have the nerve to ask.
    Assam got a temporary ban, but will be back on the 18th. Hooray!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Assam got a temporary ban, but will be back on the 18th. Hooray!
    YES!!! Thanks for the info!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

My top 5:

Stephanie Brown (Robin, Batgirl) - I think Steph brought a real sense of fun, hope, and determination to do good to all of her roles. Even though a lot of fans don't like her run as Robin because of how it ended, I adored her costume design, and thought she was a really good partner to Batman.

Cassandra Cain (Batgirl) - a really excellent way to do a legacy - have the new mantle-holder be COMPLETELY different from the original, so they don't draw the comparisons too much!

Tim Drake (Robin) - though Steph is my favorite Robin, Tim is the Robin I grew up with, and I love how he fits the role. His combination of humility and cockiness, enthusiasm and careful planning, is really engaging.

Dinah Laurel Lance (Black Canary) - she's such a wonderful hero, though her legacy nature seems to have been lost a bit with the n52. But originally, she was the second Black Canary, after her mother, and she was partly the model for Silk Specter, from what I understand.

Maya Ducard (Nobody) - I really loved Gleason's run on Robin Son of Batman, and I think Maya's journey is a really well done continuation of the Ducard legacy, but in a heroic direction.

Honorable Mentions: Dick (Batman), Damian (Robin), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress...sorta legacy)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A question that comes up from reading this thread: what makes someone a legacy character?

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    A question that comes up from reading this thread: what makes someone a legacy character?
    Read the first post. The podcast I listened to had a pretty good definition.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Read the first post. The podcast I listened to had a pretty good definition.
    I saw that, but I think from reading others have different opinions on that, so was curious.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I would kill for Wally, Kyle, & Connor to be reunited. I should have added Kyle in my honorable mentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I still have this vague hope that once Rebirth ends they'll have those guys team up again.

That one crossover with all three of them was awesome.
    +1!

Please DC give us a 90's characters team book, give more room to these boys!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice. Donna and Dick are part of my favorites as well. I didn't include Dick in my list because I like him as Nightwing. Don't really care for him as Batman.
    I loved him as Batman in Prodigal, right after Knightfall, and in Morrison run.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Tim Drake (Robin) - though Steph is my favorite Robin, Tim is the Robin I grew up with, and I love how he fits the role. His combination of humility and cockiness, enthusiasm and careful planning, is really engaging.
    That's true only when he's correctly written. Since N52 no one has been capable to do it.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 02-08-2018 at 02:18 AM.

1) Wally West as the Flash
    2) Kon-El/Conner Kent as Superboy
    3) Dick Grayson as Batman
    4) Tim Drake as Robin
    5) Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle

I read The Flash v2 for its entire run. Wally's easily my favorite Flash, and he gets a top spot here for sheer duration.

In continuity, Conner may not have been a "legacy" character until 2006 (after Infinite Crisis), but I always thought he was a great update on the original Superboy concept. And his death (however temporary) to save the world mirrored Superboy (Kal-El)'s sacrifice nineteen years earlier (Pocket Universe character or not, he felt like the original).

Dick Grayson's stint as Batman was brief, but fun. Tim Drake made the Robin character his own, more than any other "replacement" Robin. And Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle has been a fun character in every one of his series.
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 02-08-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    +1!

Please DC give us a 90's characters team book, give more room to these boys!

tumblr_lmh2v6qwxS1qdb3rio1_500.jpg

This would be so great.

BANNED

I’m not sure! I just noticed a lack of posts one day and went to my friends list and saw banned in the profile
    And...gosh...Zatanna!

All these characters that I want to read, now that I've gotten more into DC over the past 2-3 years, and I can't find them anywhere.

Dick Grayson/Batman
    Wally West/Flash
    Damian Wayne/Robin
    Jessica Cruz/ Green Lantern
    Dinah Lance/ Black Cannary

1) Dick Grayson (He's fully embodied the legacy arc. I'm not an expert on comic history, but I suspect he was the first true sidekick with the expectation to succeed his mentor)
    2) Wally West (From what I know Wally was the first sidekick to replace his mentor for a very significant amount of time. He's one of the few characters we've got to see complete the story)
    3) Zatanna Zatara (She's so effectively succeeded her father she is the vastly more popular character and the "face" of her brand)
    4) Stargirl (she's really done an effective job of succeeding Starman, kind of similar to Zatanna where she is likely more popular)
    5) Stephanie Brown (Stephanie is cool because we get to see her take over the Batgirl identity and continue to be trained by Barbara in how to be that role, the original batgirl who had outgrown the role by becoming Oracle. Most legacy heroes are taking over from a dead character (Flash, Batman) or in the case of Robins they continue to be trained by Batman, although there are others like Damien who got to be trained by Dick as Batman, Stephanie is my favourite example of this.)
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Extraordinary Member

1) Wally West. I mean, it doesn't even need to be explained. He's the gold standard
    2) Jaime Reyes
    3) Cass Cain
    4) Jessica Cruz
    5) Dick Grayson

What was your favorite legacy hero storyline if they got a solo series?

For Wally- I LOVED Dead Heat, when they took on Savitar. We won’t even talk about how the TV show ruined this story.

For Jack Knight- The Grand Guigol storyline was fantastic!