Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

5, Steph Brown
    4, Wally West
    3, Micheal Holt
    2, Damian Wayne
    1, Dick Grayson
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-17-2018 at 03:50 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

1. Wally West (Flash)
    2. Linda Danvers (Supergirl)
    3. Jack Knight (Starman)
    4. Tim Drake (Robin)
    5. Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern)
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

1. Dick Grayson
    2. Kaldur'ahm
    3. Simon Baz
    4. Zatanna
    5. Damien Wayne

1. Wally West (Flash, and also the quintessential legacy hero if I'm being honest)
    2. Cassandra Cain (Batgirl)
    3. Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern... of Sector 2814)
    4. Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl, as a legacy to Star-Spangled Kid and then eventually Starman)
    5. Mia Dearden (Speedy, though this one may be a stretch, but I love the character too much not to include her)

One of the first ever series I collected was the third volume of Justice Society of America, wherein Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham brought in a whole slew of new legacy characters to the point where "legacies" became the Society's thing. Legacy characters are some of my favourites in comics and I always have a soft spot for each one.

limiting it only to active characters.

Dick Grayson
    Wally West
    Blue Beetle
    Mr. Terrific
    John Stewart

I would probably redo this one the JLA was really back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective
    Except Barry wasn't a legacy character pre-COIE.

Barry is an interesting case. In the Pre-COIE continuity, he was the first Flash of Earth-One, but not the first Flash in the Multiverse (or in publication). Post-COIE, he was the second Flash (and thus, a legacy character). New 52, he was once again the first Flash, and until Jay reemerges permanently, who knows?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Also since Showcase #4 has Barry reading a comic book about Jay as The Flash, technically he fits the definition in the original post of being inspired by Jay.

So my list would be

1) Barry Allen as The Flash
    2) Wally West as The Flash
    3) Van-Zee as Nightwing
    4) Jesse Chambers as both Jesse Quick and Liberty Belle
    5) Zatanna

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Also since Showcase #4 has Barry reading a comic book about Jay as The Flash, technically he fits the definition in the original post of being inspired by Jay.

So my list would be

1) Barry Allen as The Flash
    2) Wally West as The Flash
    3) Van-Zee as Nightwing
    4) Jesse Chambers as both Jesse Quick and Liberty Belle
    5) Zatanna
    I love Jesse! Glad to see someone giving her some love.

Quote Originally Posted by nu-ages View Post
    1. Wally West (Flash, and also the quintessential legacy hero if I'm being honest)
    2. Cassandra Cain (Batgirl)
    3. Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern... of Sector 2814)
    4. Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl, as a legacy to Star-Spangled Kid and then eventually Starman)
    5. Mia Dearden (Speedy, though this one may be a stretch, but I love the character too much not to include her)

One of the first ever series I collected was the third volume of Justice Society of America, wherein Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham brought in a whole slew of new legacy characters to the point where "legacies" became the Society's thing. Legacy characters are some of my favourites in comics and I always have a soft spot for each one.
    Johns run on JSA and even the weaker run on Justice Society are probably my favorite Geoff Johns books.

Well I would choose:

1) Wally West (probably THE legacy character who did really well)
    2) Roy Harper (except Fall of Arsenal and Red Hood and the Outlaw, he has always my fav and I always love the fact that while contribute to the legacy of GA, he diverged to be really different)
    3) Jesse Chambers (probably my fav speedster, I needed to chose her (and I really want her to comeback)
    4) Kyle Rayner (don't need to say a lot, he is a great character)
    5) Donna Troy (even if actually she isn't that great actually since N52 and Reborth (well I still really like her, probably) she is one of my fav legacy character)

BANNED

Two lists for two definitions. The first list will be for any character who meets the criteria described in the OP and the second will be strictly for characters who inherited a mantle.

1. Cassandra Cain-Wayne
    2. Bart Allen (HATE him as Kid Flash (for the most part), but adore Impulse, which is why he's only on THIS list.)
    3. Roy Harper
    4. Ted Kord
    5. Maxine Hunkel

Honorable Mention: Jenni Ognats. She JUST misses out.

1. Cassandra Cain-Wayne
    2. Ted Kord
    3. Connor Hawke
    4. Kenan Kong
    5. Jakeem Thunder

4 and 5 on the second list are pretty interchangeable and I should mention that a lot of my favorite characters are legacies, everyone mentioned above being in my Top 16 DC heroes and characters like Jessica Cruz, Jack Knight, Linda Danvers and Cassie Sandsmark being right behind this bunch, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Johns run on JSA and even the weaker run on Justice Society are probably my favorite Geoff Johns books.
    He's just the perfect guy for the book. He admires the classics (arguably a little too much, but that's for another topic, and in this case it worked) and he did a fantastic job honoring the JSA's history while at the same time bringing them forward and grounding the concept for a modern day audience. A page from his work on 3rd volume sums it up best.

1. Wally West (as others pointed out, he IS THE legacy character)
    2. Zatanna
    3. Dick Grayson (although I prefer him as Nightwing far more than Batman, he did better than the others in his mentor cape and cowl)
    4. Donna Troy
    5. Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain (I really can't tell witch one I prefer as Batgirl, but I like them both more than Babs)

Onorable mention to Helena Wayne.

I'm confused about Zatanna. I know she's following in her father's footsteps but I wasn't aware that Zatara was a character that existed before Zatanna was created. I thought he was just part of her origin. Am I missing something?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I'm confused about Zatanna. I know she's following in her father's footsteps but I wasn't aware that Zatara was a character that existed before Zatanna was created. I thought he was just part of her origin. Am I missing something?
    Zatara was created at the same time as Superman (Action Comics #1) and was a staple of that title and World's Finest Comics during the '40s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Zatara was created at the same time as Superman (Action Comics #1) and was a staple of that title and World's Finest Comics during the '40s.
    Wow, I've been a DC Comics fan for a quarter of a century now (at least) and like Zatanna, in particular, but I had no idea about this. Huh, thanks for the info.