Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rogue & Gambit #2 Spoilers and Review

Even better than the first one!

We get to know how was the first time Rogue and Gambit met, in 2 flashbacks: Rogue's version is the "day after" the X-Men got free from Shadow King's influence (it's a cute moment with a charming Remy and a classic-reactive Rogue); Gambit's version is from the day before, when both of them were being mentally controlled by Shadow King. The flirt, they fight, the kiss (!), their very first kiss.

Rogue doesn't like talking about that day because she hates that their first kiss was under SK's control (by the way, speaking of control, Rogue was in control of her powers while under SK's influence).

There's a fight at the end of the issue against some powered people and then Rogue and Gambit find a secret room in the facility. Meanwhile, we're introduced to a new villain who looks to be behind all of it (these are some generic, light spoilers as to not to ruin the reading experience completely).

What really brought a smile to my face is that those flashbacks were really well-executed. The characters sounded like they would at the time. I was shocked of how easily I was transported to one of my favorite arcs from CC's run!

All in all, a great read! I can't wait for more of it.

If I can point out a small error: Rogue speaks french, so she would understand what Remy was saying to her in Muir Island. That said, her line was great, so it's cool!

Now everybody go support this book.

Forgiveness please, but does anyone have issue numbers for the CC run back when that the flashback takes place in?

Man, this issue was great fun. I enjoyed it tremendously and had a really good time with. The dialogue between Rogue and Remy was very good, and I quite liked the pacing. It felt very fast. The ending was a bit abrupt. Can't wait for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Forgiveness please, but does anyone have issue numbers for the CC run back when that the flashback takes place in?
    UXM #278-280 (I think, but I'm not sure) And I do believe some X-factor issues too. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    Last edited by PenUltimateInkmaster; 02-07-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Issue 2 was grreeeaaaatt!!!!! Love it.
    Flashbackes wew awesome and my favourite part of this issue. Can`t wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Issue 2 was grreeeaaaatt!!!!! Love it.
    Flashbackes wew awesome and my favourite part of this issue. Can`t wait for more!
    I know right. God, it was good! The flashbacks were fun and sexy, and I seriously can't wait for more. Squeee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Even better than the first one!

We get to know how was the first time Rogue and Gambit met, in 2 flashbacks: Rogue's version is the "day after" the X-Men got free from Shadow King's influence (it's a cute moment with a charming Remy and a classic-reactive Rogue); Gambit's version is from the day before, when both of them were being mentally controlled by Shadow King. The flirt, they fight, the kiss (!), their very first kiss.

Rogue doesn't like talking about that day because she hates that their first kiss was under SK's control (by the way, speaking of control, Rogue was in control of her powers while under SK's influence).

There's a fight at the end of the issue against some powered people and then Rogue and Gambit find a secret room in the facility. Meanwhile, we're introduced to a new villain who looks to be behind all of it (these are some generic, light spoilers as to not to ruin the reading experience completely).

What really brought a smile to my face is that those flashbacks were really well-executed. The characters sounded like they would at the time. I was shocked of how easily I was transported to one of my favorite arcs from CC's run!

All in all, a great read! I can't wait for more of it.

If I can point out a small error: Rogue speaks french, so she would understand what Remy was saying to her in Muir Island. That said, her line was great, so it's cool!

Now everybody go support this book.
    Why is Rogue speaking french an error? Way back in the X-Men/Alpha fight crossover story "The Gift", Rogue tells Northstar "By the way, sugar, we speak french ourselves...in the Mississippi Bayou country. Can't crowd me out that way." It's been known Rogue can speak French.

It's an error because she said she didn't understand what Remy was saying when he was speaking a line in french.

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    It's an error because she said she didn't understand what Remy was saying when he was speaking a line in french.
    Ok, I understand.

BANNED

Did Storm show up aside from the preview?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Nope.

This was really good though. It's a good week for X-Men fans.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Nope. Aside of preview everything were about Gambit and Rogue.

Spectacular Member

I really liked this issue. It was good for both characters. It was definitively a step forward on the relationship between Rogue and Gambit. Whether they end up together or not after this mini I believe if it keeps going like this it will be very good for both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    I really liked this issue. It was good for both characters. It was definitively a step forward on the relationship between Rogue and Gambit. Whether they end up together or not after this mini I believe if it keeps going like this it will be very good for both characters.
    Yeah! It seems at least it will give them a new possible start for friendship or romance. Gooood issue!

Astonishing Member

Thanks for writing this hi-to! Sounds good!