Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Exactly. I envy those that would read this and feel that Romy is OK again. I need to have the scenes where they go into the specific scenes. Like Rogue saying she messed up with Magneto and she knows how bad it was for Remy that is was Magento in specific (Maybe make the remenants of Legions Legacy personality a canon explanation for that missfire). That would be the big one for them. Not whoever they kissed or not kissed after or before. Heck a shoutout for Gambits role in Messiah Complex would be sweet too. How does Rogue feel about what he did there and how it saved her from Hecate?(was it called that?). Many older issues have been discussed in some form or another but given how negelected Gambit has been since Milligan nothing past Blood of Apocalypse has been discussed between them. Not that I can remember anyways.
    Yeah I would have thought that Rogue opening up to Gambit about his trying to kill her would have been a bigger deal for her. Of course, he was brainwashed but some of the stuff he said surely would make her question how much of it was the brainwashing and how much of it was how he really felt. This is especially true now because this issue established Gambit was able to cut through the SK's influence because of Rogue but yet he couldn't do it when he was Deathbit. So it opens up the question as to why?

And from Gambit's perspective, the Magneto thing for me speaks to a larger issue that Gambit should have. There was always this element where it appeared Rogue felt Gambit just liked the forbidden fruit aspect of their relationship and then the minute she gets control of her powers she bails. So all these years it seems Rogue was projecting and she was the one that appeared to only be committed to the extent her lack of control only allowed things to progress only so far. The minute she no longer had no excuses, she ran away.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-07-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes617 View Post
    This was great! I laughed out loud at the line about Gambit's libido cutting though mind control. As others have said, it's such a fun read and KT is doing an amazing job with characterization.
    Agreed. Glad she remembered the charm bit as it seems most writers have forgotten all about it. I mean, it was supposed to be powerful enough to maybe even charm the Shadow King under the right circumstances. This comic felt kinda old school and I dig it.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    Agreed. Glad she remembered the charm bit as it seems most writers have forgotten all about it. I mean, it was supposed to be powerful enough to maybe even charm the Shadow King under the right circumstances. This comic felt kinda old school and I dig it.
    This is a power I would love to see brought back. I remember issues were he was able to use the ability to buy himself some extra seconds in a battle to help spring his trap.
    L'Enfer !

I dunno if it's reading it on Comixology, but this went in really quickly. I'll give it another read tonight. I liked what was there; it's just frustrating to wait another month for the next beat in the story.

Anyway, I'm just jelly KT gets to write this and not me.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Pretty cool issue loved the call back to Muit Island saga. Interaction were great
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 02-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Just read.

Early contender for favorite issue of the year for me. Rogue and Gambit #2. Sticky this one.

I really enjoyed this one, it was like a trip to the good old days before all the drama started.
    Definitely much better than the first one, honestly I can't find anything bad to say.
    Well done Kelly

Really liked this one. I love when the X-Men interconnect, and remember stuff and just talk things out. Something that has been missing in the core books.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Really liked this one. I love when the X-Men interconnect, and remember stuff and just talk things out. Something that has been missing in the core books.
    Yes exactly! We're really missing some character relationships! I think there's pressure these days to be more plot-oriented than character driven, but I feel like that's what made X-men really special in the first place!

Great issue! My two faves in one book, dealing with their issues with each other while kicking butt, couldn't ask for much else!

I didn’t really like this issue to be honest and it’s because I didn’t know about the kiss during their first meeting?
    Is this a retcon or did we know this already?

If it’s new, I really don’t like how this was inserted into continuity. Their kiss in Legion Quest was so epic because it was their first.

Wow so much positivity.... could it be that KT is turning the tide?

While many were apprehensive about this it seems to be moving along. This also seems to be getting a much better reception than the other big reunion despite the apprehension.

I think injecting a female perspective into this story at this junction is proving to be quite masterful give what a powder keg it is.

KT stick the landing .... and give us some more Romy love.

Edit and maybe we can add Becca and oli to the wish lost way down the line. . Yes i know its pipe dream
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 02-07-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Yes sir, this was great.

Is it just me but are the accents really pronounced in the flashbacks or what? So fun.

Ongoing, please with more Xmen. Call it

Xmen: Bayou

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Indeed, I almost felt dirty to have enjoyed this given how much is still left unresolved but this was akin to getting trashed having a grand old time knowing that come tomorrow, you will feel like ****.

I think it stems from her really liking the character something Gambit fans have been itching for. A writer who wants to write him and likes him. If you read her tumbler you get a sense for that esp when ever she responds to someone suggesting other ships. This really feels important to her which is why she treats them evenly, but at the same time niether gets a free ride or avoids the history. You can feel it in her work. This is something she wants to do and do as bestvshe can. Props.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    I didn’t really like this issue to be honest and it’s because I didn’t know about the kiss during their first meeting?
    Is this a retcon or did we know this already?

If it’s new, I really don’t like how this was inserted into continuity. Their kiss in Legion Quest was so epic because it was their first.
    That was retcon.

I liked the art. It did feel more balanced character wise - agree with Remydat on that. I thought it was better than the first issue, it was good. All I got for it. I did like see the powers in use and costumes and things like that, it was a really good homage to all that had happened prior without taking away from the current story. Kudos.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.