Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    That was retcon.
    Damn, then I’m disappointed. I can’t get behind that retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Wow so much positivity.... could it be that KT is turning the tide?

While many were apprehensive about this it seems to be moving along. This also seems to be getting a much better reception than the other big reunion despite the apprehension.

I think injecting a female perspective into this story at this junction is proving to be quite masterful give what a powder keg it is.

KT stick the landing .... and give us some more Romy love.

Edit and maybe we can add Becca and oli to the wish lost way down the line. . Yes i know its pipe dream
    Well too early to say turning the tide as this issue simple avoids the elephant in the room. Until we see how she addresses all that history, this was just a fun issue that reminded me of what they used to be like before all the drama.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well too early to say turning the tide as this issue simple avoids the elephant in the room. Until we see how she addresses all that history, this was just a fun issue that reminded me of what they used to be like before all the drama.
    Fair call but its 5 episodes with a tonne to get through. Usually by now it would be all guns blazing. I agree she needs to stick the landing hence the comment a d note a turning tide ragher than turned it van still fall apart but i an willing her to succeed so we can get back to the fun we enjoyed so much here. But we are off to a solid start, she set the status quo dredged up the history and has started working through it at the start reminding us why its so great. It also shows shes not afraid to delve into the mess.

We have 2 more issues of build up and action before the payoff it was never going to be in isdue 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Damn, then I’m disappointed. I can’t get behind that retcon.
    Why?
    They had fight, then they kissed and then they go separate ways. Rogue was beaten by Forge and he removed mind control. He also changed her clothes. Gamnit was still mind controlled.
    Xavier and X-men(and Rogue) and X factor beat Legion... Wolverine beat Gambit.

They had talk (when Rogue had damaged clothes).

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I too was always a big fan of their first kiss during Legion Quest but those flashbacks were a lot of fun so I'm on board with the retcon.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Fair call but its 5 episodes with a tonne to get through. Usually by now it would be all guns blazing. I agree she needs to stick the landing hence the comment a d note a turning tide ragher than turned it van still fall apart but i an willing her to succeed so we can get back to the fun we enjoyed so much here. But we are off to a solid start, she set the status quo dredged up the history and has started working through it at the start reminding us why its so great. It also shows shes not afraid to delve into the mess.

We have 2 more issues of build up and action before the payoff it was never going to be in isdue 2.
    Well I would say more avoiding the tide as turning the tide to me would be if she actually started addressing the issues but hadn't completely finished resolving them. She hasn't really addressed any issues yet. Since a lot of this was a flashback, it was more so an issue where the explored the time period before the tide existed but I get what you saying. Just being a bit pedantic.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

CLASHING ACCOUNTS OF ROGUE AND GAMBIT'S FIRST MEETING EXPLAINED BY WRITER KELLY THOMPSON

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...kelly-thompson

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did Storm show up aside from the preview?
    Am I the only one that would love that? Having Storm give her two cents as a friend to both of them. Whether its support or criticism. I love seeing characters interact. I don't think there's anyone else I'd like to see more than her, and possibly Laura.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well I would say more avoiding the tide as turning the tide to me would be if she actually started addressing the issues but hadn't completely finished resolving them. She hasn't really addressed any issues yet. Since a lot of this was a flashback, it was more so an issue where the explored the time period before the tide existed but I get what you saying. Just being a bit pedantic.
    Agreed, issues should be addressed. While this issue was interesting and there were fun elements, until they actually talk about the baggage, they're not really moving forward. Feeling lighter doesn't change all that has happened between them. IMO
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    That was retcon.
    I don't think it's a retcon if it's never been told. We've actually never seen how these two first met. A retcon would be if they met at Xavier's and someone then said instead they met by prior to that in a bar. Before this, there was no first meeting or talk of them first meeting. A retcon is inserting Gambit into the massacre and all the villains that saw him there just forgot about it. Case in point, Sabretooth. If this is a retcon, then so is the fact that Frenzy and Gambit met before he was an X-Man, that was never explored. So telling the story for the first time without having to change anything around it (retroactive configuration) isn't a retcon. A retcon is saying Legacy was in love with Magneto in AoX. That didn't happen. That's a retcon.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Getting late on the conversation, but...

This mini is being a pleasant surprise. Thompson writes with affection and caring for the characters that is remarkable in every dialogue. A writer who clearly does her homework and gives several clues to important points in the story of the characters without being pedantic. The discussion about the first encounter of the two characters could go very wrong at the hands of a less careful writer, but here it is perfect and seems to fit perfectly into the mutant chronology. Perez and D'Armata are a perfect match as well. The characters are sensual in a banal and humane way and the action is very fluid. The weaker part of the story is the plot of the villains that seems kinda cliché, but fortunately it's the least relevant part here at the end of the day.

I have to say this... When is Kelly writing a flagship book? I mean... Gold is in need. lol

This was just such a treat to read. I really hope it does become an ongoing because this is just too wonderful. She does an excellent job balancing the two and lays into a lot of history masterfully in a way that doesn’t make this book a nostalgia wank. It’s just so playful and refreshing. KT, you are fantastic

BANNED

This was pretty darned fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I don't think it's a retcon if it's never been told. We've actually never seen how these two first met. A retcon would be if they met at Xavier's and someone then said instead they met by prior to that in a bar. Before this, there was no first meeting or talk of them first meeting. A retcon is inserting Gambit into the massacre and all the villains that saw him there just forgot about it. Case in point, Sabretooth. If this is a retcon, then so is the fact that Frenzy and Gambit met before he was an X-Man, that was never explored. So telling the story for the first time without having to change anything around it (retroactive configuration) isn't a retcon. A retcon is saying Legacy was in love with Magneto in AoX. That didn't happen. That's a retcon.
    I can't understand why : "A retcon is saying Legacy was in love with Magneto in AoX."
    for me it would be retcon if they would wrote in next series (for example Uncanny Avengers) that she was in love while they didn't show this in X-men Legacy.

but I should add one thing. Some retcons are good for me. I really liked changes to Rogue's past from X-men Legacy(her talk with Xavier when she tried to join X_men).
    A retcon is inserting Gambit into the massacre and all the villains that saw him there just forgot about it. Case in point, Sabretooth.
    true
    If this is a retcon, then so is the fact that Frenzy and Gambit met before he was an X-Man, that was never explored.
    I don't think that way. This is something new for characters.

but why Rogue and Gambit never ever had talk about their first meeting in previous issues?
    Why they weren't together after the kiss during miur saga?
    is this true love? kiss and bye?

It is very good issue but for me it was retcon.

Amazing Member

but why Rogue and Gambit never ever had talk about their first meeting in previous issues?
    1. "It`s point of annoyance" for Rogue.
    2. It takes a full comics to address their first meeting.

Why they weren't together after the kiss during miur saga?
    They only met, they didn`t establish a relationship.

is this true love? kiss and bye?
    "It`s not love? but its smething.." @Rogue

Actually all your questions are well addressed in this issue.

And to me it reads not as a retcon but a cannon gap filler.

I don`t remember an issue where Gambit and Rogue are first time introduced to each other.