Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Is it wrong that i think Jean should have a purple/gold costume? ..
    Not at all, I think anything is better than 2 primary colors. It just doesn't look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Not at all, I think anything is better than 2 primary colors. It just doesn't look right.
    Lmao. That red and blue be bright as hell.. or maybe black and red (or green like X-men evolution i lived for that look)
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Just give us a green or red costume with yellow and/or black to go with it. I don't want anything besides those combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    -Jean Grey
    -Storm
    -Cyclops (whenever he comes back)
    -Emma Frost
    -Magneto
    -Rogue
    -Psylocke
    -Dani Moonstar
    -Bishop
    -Cable
    -Kitty Pryde
    -Beast
    Too many good guys, I'd say remove kitty and Psylocke, make them have to work with Shaw, and another grey/dark character to balance it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I absolutely love these two working together. I agree, it makes sense that they should be close friends because of similarities in outlook. This is my favorite scene from the book.

Their friendship was touched on, in a different way, in Remender's revisit to AOA during his UXF run. (AoA)Jean and Kurt were in Atlantis with the remnants of the X-Men, but that world's version were very different characters -- jaded and wounded. The 616 guys still have hope.
    I'm SO with ya, Sundown. Kurt & Jean coming together the way they did, at the dawn of this new X-horizon , and spearheading the Mutant movement towards it... is like a dream come true, and just feels so right, like it was meant to be.

Just gotta get through work today and I can pick up the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Immomen is a top tier artist. He's a main feature, not a fill in.
    So is Pichelli tbh. Both are bigger than Asrar

I wonder how long it's going to take for Jean to clear her name. Or is Jean and her merry band going to helping out oppressed Mutants and battling evil mutants while keeping one step in front of the law?

I wish Banshee was in this book instead of Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I wonder how long it's going to take for Jean to clear her name. Or is Jean and her merry band going to helping out oppressed Mutants and battling evil mutants while keeping one step in front of the law?
    I imagine its already cleared. Red #1 takes place 2 months in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I imagine its already cleared. Red #1 takes place 2 months in the past.
    It could be, but the fact they're using Atlantis as a base still suggests they might still be on the lam, unless there's another reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    mutants are their own nation is opposed to
    mutants are regular americans like you and me with the same rights as all americans

Sabra surely thinks she is an Israeli, and Jew, and that she does not belong to any "international mutant nation"
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I have lived all over the world. There are more things that unite us than don't. As a dual citizen, I identify with the culture of both nations. Not really that complicated or a big deal provided you believe in universal human rights. In addition, I am biracial and I identify with both cultures.

Sabra is an Israeli, a Jew and a mutant. There is no requirement she need to choose just one of those things. This sort of mentality seems like the one drop rule dating back to slave times. The world today is far more complex and people are far more likely to identify with multiple cultures not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I still can't get over just how in over her head Jean is. She's not gullible but she is INCREDIBLY idealistic. And it also really drives home why she is the character doing this. Scott, Emma, Storm, Xavier are all VERY worldly characters. When Cassandra framed Jean for the Prime Ministers murder she reacted by being in shock, Namor had to protect her from the authorities opening fire on her. Then she told Namor and Kurt to let her stay and that she wanted to explain. Jean, sweetie, the time for talk is over.

Jean honesty thought the whole mess could be salvaged. She's an experienced woman but in her own way, she IS naive. And it's a naivety we don't see in the other X Authority figures.
    I think it is the reverse. It is not idealistic to think people can identify with multiple cultures and identities. It is largely how the real world is today. See above. There are far more people today that accept and celebrate multiple cultures than ever before in the history of the world. I think people let the obnoxious and loudmouth racist, xenophobic folks distract them from the fact the world is growing ever smaller and more integrated.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-09-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

How the hell did Cassandra Nova get out of her prison? Hope that is explained later. Also are we getting another Utopia/Genosha 3.0 concept? Pretty fucking lazy.

Not only that but like why hasn't anyone complained about Jean's character? She is literally acting like a dumb christ like figure. Something she hated acting like or being seen as. Bendis actually GOT that part with Teen Jean. Adult Jean isn't any different either.

So so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 16andCanadian View Post
    How the hell did Cassandra Nova get out of her prison? Hope that is explained later. Also are we getting another Utopia/Genosha 3.0 concept? Pretty fucking lazy.
    You know.... its interesting how Cassie is FRAMED on her reveal, without any background -- just a black void. Which I have to wonder "IS THAT INTENTIONAL?"

Is she in a cave? A room with very dramatic lighting? What's the deal??? Is that actually her CONSCIOUSNESS we're seeing housed in someone/thing else? Is she inside ERNST???? haha

BANNED

I hope she’s inside Ernst inside Jean’s treasure cave.

Whedon retcon needs to be undone.