Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
This doesn't make sense. Cassandra is very obviously a Xavier nemesis moreso than anyone else's. Also, she'd have an even bigger axe to grind with Emma than Jean, I'd say. Emma is the one that trapped her in the Imperial Guardsman, Stuff. Unless somebody on the team has some kind of power that neutralizes psi powers, or has tech abilities that can neutralize psi-powers, or have enormous psychic defenses that Nova can't break through, Cassandra is not a threat this team can handle by itself. They would need somebody like Emma to work together with Jean to try and beat Nova or maybe Xavier swoops in and save the day by himself. Jean is nowhere near strong enough a psi character to take on Nova alone without some serious PIS being used to weaken Cassandra. On the other hand, without another psi like Xavier or Emma lending a hand, it would be interesting to see how this team overcomes the villain. They would have to trick her or something and ambush her before she can attack their minds to take her down.

I'm almost tempted to pick up this story arc only for Cassandra Nova, but I'm likely not.
Thank you for taking the time from your prolific Storm and the X-Men fan fiction to comment on Jean's team book.

If you had actually read it, you'd see that Jean's goals and actions directly interfere with Nova's plans. In addition to Jean foiling her entire plan the first time, she's definitely being set up as Jean's nemesis and the team villain.

Again Jean will never be a "strong enough psi character" for you because everything she does you attribute to PIS. But somehow for others it sets a new standard for them. So I don't want to get into that issue with you here.