Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also: HOW has nobody posted that exquisite royal man spreading of throned Namor???
    LOL seriously he was VERY welcoming to Jean.

I still wont sign off on that ship though, I don't want Jean going after Emma leftovers as a general rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwentiel View Post
    Israel exists because this plan doesn't work. Even nowadays, and in more-or-less-democratic countries in the EU, Jewish people are migrating to Israel because governments don't protect them from anti-semithic attacks (just ask the French Jewish). These people prefer to go to Israel, where the f*ckers of Hizbollah are firing missiles over their heads every odd day, before staying in their born countries.

I don’t like politics in my comics. However, I like history, and many times I have seen mutants as a metaphor for Jewish people. Not only for them, of course, but I think they were part of the inspiration. Utopia, then, could be seen as a metaphor for Israel. I don’t want to offend anyone, but sometimes I suspect that the reason Marvel didn’t allow Utopia to be successful was because some of the more fanatic PC and SJW people hate Israel, and Marvel is now full of them. Extreme right and extreme left have common opinions in many subjects, and sadly anti-semithism (however you want to disguise it) is one of them.

Of course, these are only my opinions. Everyone have a good day!
    That is gross generalisation that will bite you in the ass hard if you try to debate that stand. Now I can't speak for alt-right people but none of my friends/acquaintances/so-on who vote "left" have any problems discerning jewish people from the state Israel. They dislike Israel the state but have friends who are jewish. Overall these people are about tolerance and treating people like people. Be it HBTQ, immigrants, different religions and so on.
    In that list I count self proclaimed anarchists and communists.

BANNED

Also like how here:

... she "psychically" offers, "I'M INVITING YOU, ALL OF YOU, TO EVOLVE WITH US." I took that as meaning moving forward, they can either be part of the solution & reap the rewards of the inevitable, or they can continue to remain as part of the problem. Join & embrace the future, or at best get left behind, at worst be seen as antagonistic. Combine that with the way she did it, addressing them all at once without "speaking" like most humans do & thereby demonstrating her formidable powers, it kinda comes across as a thinly veiled threat IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Why would Jean consult Emma? She's currently hanging out with Ms. Sinister and Bastion. It's counterproductive.
    If she needs psychic backup, Psylocke, Rachel and the Cuckoos would be better options

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They were scumbags to win in the first place. At least the ones a live. Henry Kissinger has one. Barack Obama and his multiple wars got one,Ellie Weisel and his pro genocidal thoughts, aang sang su ki, fw de klerk hell even economically Nelson Mandela gave into multinationals and corporatism when they negotiated and prevented Zas resources from becoming publicy owned. That was a very distinct change in policy

It's laughable to think the award has any meaning. It's merely a tool to distract and shape the narrative. Kissinger and the words peace should not even be in the same sentence
    Jean did not merely bring together Nobel Peace Prize people. It says she brought together artists, scientists, psychologists, doctors, mathematicians, authors, historians, educators, engineers, humanitarians, activists, and Noble Peace Prize winners.

So first, you focused on literally the last group of people she mentioned and gave the impression they dominated the group when they literally were the last people mentioned.

2nd, you seemed to suggest all of these people came from the same socioeconomic background which has no basis in reality and is just a faulty assumption you are making to suit your narrative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates

Third, the list of Nobel Prize Winners (I did not say peace prize) includes tons of people. I took that panel to mean she drew from great minds across the spectrum. Surely some of those scientists, mathematicians, authors, doctors etc. won Nobel Prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology/Medicine, Literature, and Economics.

So in closing, you cherry picked a single group that was literally the last group mentioned and tried to frame Jean's outreach as being primarily or solely to them. This is not supported by the actual comic.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    I think Cassandra is going to get her ass kicked by Jean in order to establish Jean's power level sans Phoenix. Cassandra making note of Jean being not the Phoenix was too obvious of a giveaway imo.
    Didn't Psylocke beat Cassandra Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    That is gross generalisation that will bite you in the ass hard if you try to debate that stand. Now I can't speak for alt-right people but none of my friends/acquaintances/so-on who vote "left" have any problems discerning jewish people from the state Israel. They dislike Israel the state but have friends who are jewish. Overall these people are about tolerance and treating people like people. Be it HBTQ, immigrants, different religions and so on.
    Yeah but the plan before Israel led to the Holocaust. Israel worked because there hasn't been a Holocaust of Jews since WWII and Jews now have the military power to defend themselves against their enemies. For two thousand years prior to the reestablishment of Israel, Christians had been periodically massacring the Jews as had Muslims. There has been no Jewish massacre by the Christians or Muslims since the establishment of Israel on the level of what happened during WWII or during Medieval times.

No plan is perfect and there will likely always be anti-semitism but Israel now has the military might to defend themselves against their enemies. That is much better than relying on Christians or Muslims to protect them when historically Christians and Muslims liked to massacre them from time to time.

Of course, one could argue Israel has gone overboard in some respects but that doesn't diminish the necessity for its creation.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-08-2018 at 08:13 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

This was alright. I am intrigued at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Also: HOW has nobody posted that exquisite royal man spreading of throned Namor???

Best I could do for now, but still tryin' to find it... BIGGER.

Also, believed Jean mentioned her "associate", that Judas of a throw rug Beast...

... to the mother of the child, toward the end of the above sequence.

So it appears she is, or at least was, in contact with some of her old, X-compatriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I’m fairly sure he was talking about radicals like Linda Sarsour, Louis Farrakhan, and Noam Chomsky. Like David Duke, Richard Spencer, and Pat Buchanan on the other side. We aren’t talking about typical democrats and republicans. These are the extremists. And holding Israel to a different standard than any other democratic country is by definition antisemitism.

https://2009-2017.state.gov/j/drl/rl...010/122352.htm

Except Israel still depends on billions in aide each year from the US to defend itself, and has instituted an apartheid regime over the Palestinians...

Marvel comparing mutants to Jews, and exploring the mutant homeland concept, is not a new beat. In fact you could say it's been there from the beginning and has threaded through the entire run. The O5 era mutants were much more closely a stand in for Jews as opposed to African Americans, for example. The very notion that a mutant could 'pretend to be a normal human' is completely at odds with the African American experience, but definitely very possible for Jews, and a choice many would have had to make in navigating various times where the wider population is hostile to them. In the earliest of Claremont's incarnations, Genosha was very much a stand in for apartheid South Africa, but then of course Avalon and later still Magneto's UN-ceded Genosha, and finally Utopia, point much more to Israel. All of them ended in war/bloodshed and/or utter devastation. It will be interesting to see how Marvel navigates it this time.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-08-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Except Israel still depends on billions in aide each year from the US to defend itself, and has instituted an apartheid regime over the Palestinians...

Marvel comparing mutants to Jews, and exploring the mutant homeland concept, is not a new beat. In fact you could say it's been there from the beginning and has threaded through the entire run. The O5 era mutants were much more closely a stand in for Jews as opposed to African Americans, for example. The very notion that a mutant could 'pretend to be a normal human' is completely at odds with the African American experience, but definitely very possible for Jews, and a choice many would have had to make in navigating various times where the wider population is hostile to them. In the earliest of Claremont's incarnations, Genosha was very much a stand in for apartheid South Africa, but then of course Avalon and later still Magneto's UN-ceded Genosha, and finally Utopia, point much more to Israel. All of them ended in war/bloodshed and/or utter devastation. It will be interesting to see how Marvel navigates it this time.
    The US also sends aid to a slew of Muslim countries. It is just spread out across several countries because Muslims have more countries than Jews. The fact is Muslims are largely to blame for the state of Palestinians. They were offered a 2 state solution after WWII just like Israel. Jews took the offer while the Muslims controlling the Palestinian contingent declined because they wanted to drive Israel back into the sea. They then lost several wars and each time they did, Israel took more land which is what generally happens when you lose a war.

This is not to say Israel is not guilty of various crimes and atrocities. This is to say the Muslims including the Palestinians are as well and they are the impetus for the conflict. There won't be peace until both sides can acknowledge their respective crimes and misdeeds.

I much prefer Laura and Gabby’s non X-men Red costumes. Other than that, though, this was highly enjoyable.

Cable would fit in well here too. Remember his dabbling on the geopolitical stage awhile back, with first Providence and then becoming President of Rumekistan? That didn’t end so well either.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hmm. You’re conveniently leaving out the part where Israel is the freest county for Muslims to live in the Middle East, the lack of segregation, the fact that Israel allows Arab parties that actively advocating the destruction of Israel to serve in the Knesset, and that the only shoddy conditions Palestinians are living under are maintained by the Palestinian Authority and Hamas. Both of whom use their aid to fund terror rather than make things better for their people.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I just realized this book would work so much better if Storm had been used in Jean’s place. Like from every angle.