Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Jean’s Dream is the new Cyclops’ Revolution. IE: nothing but an empty plot point to move shit around. At least Scott didn’t have to telepathically steal his idea from his betters though.

Kurt probably cried from the futility of it all.
    Cyclops idea was ultimately poorly executed because the writers wanted it to be. Remains to be seen what they want from Jean.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I assume Kurt is going to be the friend that becomes her enemy? through mind control?
    I don't think it's anyone on the team. I actually think it's Storm
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Revolution lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't think it's anyone on the team. I actually think it's Storm
    Through mind control?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Thank you for taking the time from your prolific Storm and the X-Men fan fiction to comment on Jean's team book.

If you had actually read it, you'd see that Jean's goals and actions directly interfere with Nova's plans. In addition to Jean foiling her entire plan the first time, she's definitely being set up as Jean's nemesis and the team villain.

Again Jean will never be a "strong enough psi character" for you because everything she does you attribute to PIS. But somehow for others it sets a new standard for them. So I don't want to get into that issue with you here.
    Couple of things here:

1) I don't call everything Jean does PIS, just a few instances. Jean doesn't have the feats to rank her in power where you state her to be and there have been blatant instances where characters have been scaled back to prop her up.

2) I am not saying that other X-Men cannot have to deal with the threat of Cassandra Nova. The point I was making is Xavier will always be Cassie Nova's number one foe. He's the one she hates above all and he's the one she has the strongest ties to. That said, Jean's showings without the Phoenix Force puts on her a power level FAR FAR FAR below Cassie Nova's. You were advocating for Cassandra to become Jean's nemesis which I don't think is fair to Nova. Personally, I think its great to pit Jean's team against a foe that has the advantage over them powerwise (unless Trinary has some kind of power that jams/weakens/inhibits telepathy). It means the team will have to use creativity to beat Cassandra as a head-on battle against her without the use of something that cancels out her powers (or gives Jean's abilities a mega boost) would only end in the team's defeat. Given Jean's track record with her power levels and feats without the Phoenix boost or a Cerebro/Cerebra boost, to have her beat Cassandra Nova in a fair mental combat would only serve to diminish Cassie Nova as a threat. It would be a very bad move by Marvel to do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Through mind control?
    Or just a serious disagreement but would you be surprised to see the Stormbot mind controlled, ExodusCloak? I wouldn't.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Jerusalem is the main sticking point because Israel wants it all but the Palestinians want East Jerusalem hence why they say they will accept the 4th June 1967 land. Jerusalem is one of the 3 Holy sites in Islam so Palestinians are unlikely to give it all up like Israel wants. Israel's position is they won the war and they get the victor's share which would included ALL of Jerusalem not just the parts of it they controlled on June 4, 1967.
    Imma fix the Jerusalem question once and for all:

NO single state shall be able to claim Jerusalem as its sovereign territory, and it shall instead be administered directly by the UN as an independent entity open to people of all faiths until such time as people stop being such selfish brats and learn to share their toys.

personally, i think there's a certain irony in jean taking a version of cyclops approach upon her return. especially when it's opposite named their school after her.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Couple of things here:

1) I don't call everything Jean does PIS, just a few instances. Jean doesn't have the feats to rank her in power where you state her to be and there have been blatant instances where characters have been scaled back to prop her up.

2) I am not saying that other X-Men cannot have to deal with the threat of Cassandra Nova. The point I was making is Xavier will always be Cassie Nova's number one foe. He's the one she hates above all and he's the one she has the strongest ties to. That said, Jean's showings without the Phoenix Force puts on her a power level FAR FAR FAR below Cassie Nova's. You were advocating for Cassandra to become Jean's nemesis which I don't think is fair to Nova. Personally, I think its great to pit Jean's team against a foe that has the advantage over them powerwise (unless Trinary has some kind of power that jams/weakens/inhibits telepathy). It means the team will have to use creativity to beat Cassandra as a head-on battle against her without the use of something that cancels out her powers (or gives Jean's abilities a mega boost) would only end in the team's defeat. Given Jean's track record with her power levels and feats without the Phoenix boost or a Cerebro/Cerebra boost, to have her beat Cassandra Nova in a fair mental combat would only serve to diminish Cassie Nova as a threat. It would be a very bad move by Marvel to do such a thing.
    Think it's already shown that Cassandra Nova is a tier above with her being able to blow up a ambassadors head off in front of her without her being able to stop it and masking her own presence. Presumably required a villain who could be credible threat to team Red

Or just a serious disagreement but would you be surprised to see the Stormbot mind controlled, ExodusCloak? I wouldn't.
    I can't see Storm vehemently opposing Jean without mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    personally, i think there's a certain irony in jean taking a version of cyclops approach upon her return. especially when it's opposite named their school after her.
    I don't. I've been saying since Schism that Jean would be more on Cyclops' side than Logan's, but also that her stance would be different than either. That's what this is.

I suppose the contrast will be Cyclops was labeled a pariah and it consumed him and Jean will be labelled a pariah and it won't consume her. Either way Cyclops did get results...or at least Emma did

I don't. I've been saying since Schism that Jean would be more on Cyclops' side than Logan's, but also that her stance would be different than either. That's what this is.
    it could be argued that cyclops vision was merely an extension of HER vision; perhaps implanted into his head at the end of HCT?

he simply carried it out on her behalf (with emma as his accomplice).

i could see it ... jean was always the more radical one, and in morrison's run, her frustrations were more apparent and her ideas seemed bigger.

Astonishing Member

The technopath girl from India may be immune to telepathy if she can merge into/with machinery like Jeffries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Imma fix the Jerusalem question once and for all:

NO single state shall be able to claim Jerusalem as its sovereign territory, and it shall instead be administered directly by the UN as an independent entity open to people of all faiths until such time as people stop being such selfish brats and learn to share their toys.
    I don't disagree with that and it was ultimately the original plan back in the 40s. The wars are what caused that plan to go to shit because Israel won and they took the spoils of victory. I am just stating the historical fact not agreeing with that stance.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it could be argued that cyclops vision was merely an extension of HER vision; perhaps implanted into his head at the end of HCT?

he simply carried it out on her behalf (with emma as his accomplice).

i could see it ... jean was always the more radical one, and in morrison's run, her frustrations were more apparent and her ideas seemed bigger.
    Hmm...