Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    A telepath could be at home and make have you talking to a protection without you even knowing it. Emma has done it, ultimate Jean grey did it and their astral projections looked just like solid humans. When Jean astral projected to heroes reborn universe she looked exactly normal. It all depends on how the artist depicts it.
    Or you really believe that Jean travelled around the world in either one day or multiple days wearing the same clothes, then got all those people to travel to Wakanda. With the woman in green shawl and hijab still wearing the same clothes?
    Yes I believe your artist was already working full time drawing the book and the intention is clearly that she travelled to meet each one. And those speech bubbles are non telepathic. Additionally, she extended her hand and is sitting on a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A lot of the feats were the Phoenix entity to draw the X-Men there. And she didn't astral project to all those people she visited them and she didn't read the whole planets thoughts there she just read some thoughts. Don't know where you're getting the inference

I mean, it's right on panel she says the "world", but of course that can't be, she must be reading just some thoughts. It's not like she's scanned the planned like two times before.

And obviously, Jean travelled around the world wearing the same clothes because she doesn't like to wash. It can't be that all this people with different timezones all appearing in wakanda are projections. I think someone should just ask the writer on Twitter, he's the only one who can clear this up.

Anyways, 8/10 First Issue, can't wait till next month

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wanted to see more of thiat too, but I feel like that was more of Phoenix Resurrection's job though.
    I really wish they gave us an epilogue with her talking to everyone instead of giving us that cliffhanger ending with both Jeans that is not getting a follow up.

I mean, it's right on panel she says the "world", but of course that can't be, she must be reading just some thoughts. It's not like she's scanned the planned like two times before.

And obviously, Jean travelled around the world wearing the same clothes because she doesn't like to wash. It can't be that all this people with different timezones all appearing in wakanda are projections. I think someone should just ask the writer on Twitter, he's the only one who can clear this up.
    You're making inferences that are just not there. That does not mean she scanned everyone on the planet. That means she was listening to some thoughts it could be ten, fifty , 100 thoughts there's no inference there just a comparison that the thoughts she's hearing alim 2018 to those I'm 1964.

Also it's clear that when telepathy is used they have special speech bubbles. She's not using telepathy in those panels she teleported or flew or whatever. But it's clear she met them in person. It would also be made clear from the art

Anything else is wishful thinking

BANNED

I wish I used Twitter.

BANNED

Favorite parts of this issue was hard to pick. I like all of the following:

1) Jean and the baby
    2) Jean and Nightcrawler staring at the sunset
    3) Cassandra Nova's reveal

But my favorite is probably Jean clearing ahead and listening to the world's thoughts.

BANNED

The global mindscan can be inferred, but it isn’t clearly stated so it can be read either way. Additionally all Jean comments on are rough emotions here, it’s not like she’s sifting through thoughts or mass communicating like we’ve seen others do globally (Xavier, Rachel, Legion, Emma+Cuckoos, etc).

Interpreting that as global astral projection is clearly incorrect though. We’ve seen what it looks like when TPs project, and communicate, and it’s not this. Jean is clearly physically there and audibly talking, she’s not projecting.
    Last edited by DDM; 02-08-2018 at 01:44 PM.

We don't really know if she travelled or used astral projection. And I guess the whole mindscan thing is ambiguous too, but I do think that it makes much more sense that she was reading the thoughts of everyone, searching on the whole world to find the best ones to help. She didn't knew them all for her to know exactly who they were or where they lived, in a way that she could have just contacted them all specifically beforehand. She says that she's there looking for a way after all, not that she already knew exactly what.

BANNED

She clearly didn’t astral project there and there’s zero indication she even might of. It’s a bizarre reach.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    She clearly didn’t astral project there and there’s zero indication she even might of. It’s a bizarre reach.
    I didn't thought that when reading, but it makes more sense than "Well, the artist was lazy and/or didn't thought enough about it and just drew her with the same clothes on every panel", so I see why people would think that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

You know this issue was great when we're already on page 28 of the thread. None of the other books do that.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I didn't thought that when reading, but it makes more sense than "Well, the artist was lazy and/or didn't thought enough about it and just drew her with the same clothes on every panel", so I see why people would think that.
    It doesn’t make sense because it’s clearly not what’s on the page. Like she literally isn’t astral projecting there.

If you want a rationale as how Jean could get all around the world in a day, she’s operating out of a school full of teleporters (Nightcrawler, Magik, Pixie). Or she could’ve borrowed Pickles from herself. It’s so easy to explain we really don’t need to start reinventing what’s actually seen print to explain it.
    Last edited by DDM; 02-08-2018 at 01:59 PM.

I thought it was ok, not bad at all.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yeah, in the same book, Jean on 6 different days/locations is shown in 6 different outfits
    1 when she and the team rescues the girl in uniform
    2 when she saves the baby
    3 when she gets home that night
    4 when she's talking to Nightcrawler
    5 when she goes to atlantis
    6 when she's speaking to the UN.

In a book that has established Jean changing clothes so frequently like this, you want us to believe that she travelled around the world in maybe day in the same clothes to meet different people, then gathered them for meeting at Wakanda still wearing those same clothes.