Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    It doesn’t make sense because it’s clearly not what’s on the page. Like she literally isn’t astral projecting there.

If you want rationale as how Jean could get all around the world in a day, she’s operating out of a school full of teleporters (Nightcrawler, Magik, Pixie). Or she could’ve borrowed Pickles from herself. It’s so easy to explain we really don’t need to start reinventing what’s actually seen print to explain it.
    Yeah I think it makes more sense that Kurt teleported her. He was the one who took her to where Laura and Gabby were at the beginning with the baby.

It doesn’t make sense because it’s clearly not what’s on the page. Like she literally isn’t astral projecting there.

If you want a rationale as how Jean could get all around the world in a day, she’s operating out of a school full of teleporters (Nightcrawler, Magik, Pixie). Or she could’ve borrowed Pickles from herself. It’s so easy to explain we really don’t need to start reinventing what’s actually seen print to explain it.
    Okay, this makes much more sense than astral protection , for some reason teleportation didn't come to mind. I concede, she most likely travelled to them.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Yes. Cassandra isn't even intelligent in a traditional way. For her she is still in the womb and all the matters and hurting, destroying everything Charles cares about.
    Having Jean, who must amount to "Xavier's imaginary friend" to her, lead a team to defeat her would be pretty cool.

BANNED

Is Gambit going to be in this book?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is Gambit going to be in this book?
    Issue #3, my dude.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

XM:R was one of the best comics I've read in years, Jean being the lead was the cherry on top. This one issue did more to show who/what Jean is about than the entirety of PR, she was strong, confident, powerful this is the Jean I waited 14 years for. Tom Taylor has Jean's voice down to a T, it is so assuring to know there's still room in comics for a voice like her's a voice that's so easy to misinterpret. Best Jean Grey since Morrison, can't wait to see where this goes, and if anyone wanted to know how capable/powerful Jean is please point them in the direction of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You're making inferences that are just not there. That does not mean she scanned everyone on the planet. That means she was listening to some thoughts it could be ten, fifty , 100 thoughts there's no inference there just a comparison that the thoughts she's hearing alim 2018 to those I'm 1964.

Also it's clear that when telepathy is used they have special speech bubbles. She's not using telepathy in those panels she teleported or flew or whatever. But it's clear she met them in person. It would also be made clear from the art

Anything else is wishful thinking
    "World" is mentioned twice once after watching the news reporters and again as she scans the world. Then to demonstrate the point she's shown visiting different countries. What's speculation is whatever your doing, she mention world twice before causally scanning the planet. Emma sent a message to 200 mutants and is referred to as a planetary feat..

The global mindscan can be inferred, but it isn’t clearly stated so it can be read either way. Additionally all Jean comments on are rough emotions here, it’s not like she’s sifting through thoughts or mass communicating like we’ve seen others do globally (Xavier, Rachel, Legion, Emma+Cuckoos, etc).

Interpreting that as global astral projection is clearly incorrect though. We’ve seen what it looks like when TPs project, and communicate, and it’s not this. Jean is clearly physically there and audibly talking, she’s not projecting.
    No, what we see her do is more causal than, any telepath before her she references the "world" TWICE before easily scanning without the faintest strain.

Also just for reference this arc is called "Heal the World", it's her whole team's mission statement, but sure she scanned a couple blocks to get a better "perspective of the world".
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 02-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.

I loved everything about this book! It feels so good to be excited again for X-Men stories. I don't think I've felt this way since Grant Morrison's New X-Men run. I look forward to this monthly adventure. It has been so long since we have seen Jean in a starring role. The problem I had with Endsong all those years ago was it was mostly just the X-Men reacting to Jean being back. Phoenix Resurrection had similar issues. This book isn't people reacting to Jean, but us actually seeing Jean as a person, a mutant, and as an activist. Jean isn't someone who would just stand around she wants to make a difference in the world around her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    "World" is mentioned twice once after watching the news reporters and again as she scans the world. Then to demonstrate the point she's shown visiting different countries. What's speculation is whatever your doing, she mention world twice before causally scanning the planet. Emma sent a message to 200 mutants and is referred to as a planetary feat..

No, what we see her do is more causal than, any telepath before her she references the "world" TWICE before easily scanning without the faintest strain.
    I think the issue is no clear range is given. “The World” could refer to her literally scanning the entire world or it could refer to Jean simply describing the world she’s returned to while reading a smaller sample size. It’s not definitive either way and is open to interpretation. This is in contrast to Emma’s (assisted) global telepathic message in DOX (which was more than just 200 mutants), or Rachel’s global mindscan in WATXM when she was searching for the missing students.

Also worth mentioning that Jean here only mentions feeling raw emotions, implying a simpler or more superficial empathic scan. Going back to Emma she projected an actual message communication and Rachel was sifting through memories during their omnipathic events.

Also worth mentioning that Jean here only mentions feeling raw emotions, implying a simpler or more superficial empathic scan.
    Lol I can't. What is even a "superficial empathic scan"? It was never established anything such as multiple levels of scanning minds around the planet lol. And sending an actual message is a differint thing(and not what Jean was trying to do here), so far you had only mentioned "mind scanning" and that's what we're talking about.

Astonishing Member

I think the issue is no clear range is given. “The World” could refer to her literally scanning the entire world or it could refer to Jean simply describing the world she’s returned to while reading a smaller sample size. It’s not definitive either way and is open to interpretation. This is in contrast to Emma’s (assisted) global telepathic message in DOX (which was more than just 200 mutants), or Rachel’s global mindscan in WATXM when she was searching for the missing students.

Also worth mentioning that Jean here only mentions feeling raw emotions, implying a simpler or more superficial empathic scan. Going back to Emma she projected an actual message communication and Rachel was sifting through memories during their omnipathic events.
    For me global telepathic message of Emma was the real "Cyclops Hitler" moment
    As in, imagine driving a truck in a mountain range with a lot of curves, suddenly you get a telepathic image with sound that goes "This is Cyclops from the X-Men to every human on earth, the Inhumans have poisoned our planet blah blah blah". Emma must have caused a lot of accidents around the planet with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    XM:R was one of the best comics I've read in years, Jean being the lead was the cherry on top. This one issue did more to show who/what Jean is about than the entirety of PR, she was strong, confident, powerful this is the Jean I waited 14 years for. Tom Taylor has Jean's voice down to a T, it is so assuring to know there's still room in comics for a voice like her's a voice that's so easy to misinterpret. Best Jean Grey since Morrison, can't wait to see where this goes, and if anyone wanted to know how capable/powerful Jean is please point them in the direction of this book.

Also just for reference this arc is called "Heal the World", it's her whole team's mission statement, but sure she scanned a couple blocks to get a better "perspective of the world".
    Very true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol I can't. What is even a "superficial empathic scan"? It was never established anything such as multiple levels of scanning minds around the planet lol. And sending an actual message is a differint thing(and not what Jean was trying to do here), so far you had only mentioned "mind scanning" and that's what we're talking about.
    In terms of psychic techniques empathy is relatively lower level versus direct telepathic communication or reading distinct memories. That’s all, even if the scale was comparable Jean was still doing a simpler telepathic action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Agreed. Also, I would think it's much harder to listen to X amount of people at the same time and make sense of it all as opposed to yelling at X amount of people one thing.

But you know CBR is full of self proclaimed telepaths. We should listen to them.
    Last edited by Bart; 02-08-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

In Age of Apocalypse Horseman Rasputin used a tortured enslaved Empath to put the whole population of London into a murderous frenzy. Madelyne Pryor also used a brainwashed Empath in a similar way against the X-Men in Utopia (she wanted them to capture him so she could Empath against the X-Men in Utopia). And in the 90s Empath could affect (voluntarily this time) the whole population of Nova Roma

He is a very specialized psychic, like the Mastermind family (father and daughter) with regards to illusions. Can only do one thing but can do it very well.

BANNED

LOVE that Jean's return & Red being SO successful has seemingly stirred up such a fuss, it says a lot.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-08-2018 at 06:30 PM.