Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Nnnoo!!! I could not wait 14 years for her return, then come back in PR then see nothing of her for months. That would jusy be cruel. It was a juggling act, to see Hean DOING something straight away to warrantvher return. But i also want to see the character interaction of her return with ither xmrn, even other xmen talking about it withiut Jean being there.

In terms of the sory, many arecsaying in Jean Grey thread that Jean has been idea,istic, like its a bad thing. I temember when Storm first became leaders. She was quite idea,itic, but the pressures and responsibilites of being a keader, having to make harsh decisions changed her. Let Jean be maive, learn sbout the world, learn sboutvkeadership, hut stick to her princi0les. I want to see Jean on a journey, nit sucdenlt be seen as excellentvkeader. I love Kitty but she should not be a keader of a team.
    Did you even read my entire post? Where did I say we should have nothing of her for months? I specifically said they should have done a mini series to follow up PR and THEN have her debut a new team in Red. Slow down and read what was written before responding. I wanted a book to focus on Jean and her acclimating to the world post death

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did you even read my entire post? Where did I say we should have nothing of her for months? I specifically said they should have done a mini series to follow up PR and THEN have her debut a new team in Red. Slow down and read what was written before responding. I wanted a book to focus on Jean and her acclimating to the world post death
    Do you have theories as to how Jean would react to everything that happened since she died? Or how she would interact with all of the characters now that she’s returned?

So was nightcrawler always going to be a part of this team? I don’t remember seeing him on the promo art. And i’m still not sure why namor is even on this team- how did jean convince him to join? But then, i don’t know why anyone is on this team to begin with.
    Last edited by protege; 02-13-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So was nightcrawler always going to be a part of this team? I don’t remember seeing him on the promo art. And i’m still not sure ehy namor is even on this team- how did jean convince him to join? But then, i don’t know why anyone is on this team to begin with.
    You missed him bc he was on the very first teaser image when they were revealing the cast. The only late addition is the mutant that joins in #3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You missed him bc he was on the very first teaser image when they were revealing the cast. The only late addition is the mutant that joins in #3
    And it's been hinted that there might be another after the one that joins in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    So was nightcrawler always going to be a part of this team? I don’t remember seeing him on the promo art. And i’m still not sure ehy namor is even on this team- how did jean convince him to join? But then, i don’t know why anyone is on this team to begin with.
    In story reason is because they were the ones nearby when stuff started to happen. Out of story reason is because that's who the writer wanted and was able to get from editorial.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think one good reason for Nightcrawler is that he is like one of the few "Heart and Soul" X-Men still around that Jean could count on.

Also him involved romantically with Jean's AU daughter is.. interesting.

I think she said she wants him on the team to like center/ground her actions and be her conscience, something like that.

Of course the problem will be the wildly varying characterization of NC between RED and GOLD.... meh
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think the primary reason that Kurt was chosen is because he is the soul of the x-men while Jean is the heart of it and for the first time in fourteen years both of them are alive for the first time together and Taylor wanted to take advantage of that. And it's ridiculous, frankly, that this is only just now happening for the first time.

Also, X-Men Gold? What's that? Sounds fake tbh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think the primary reason that Kurt was chosen is because he is the soul of the x-men while Jean is the heart of it and for the first time in fourteen years both of them are alive for the first time together and Taylor wanted to take advantage of that. And it's ridiculous, frankly, that this is only just now happening for the first time.
    Aside from Jean, if I had to pick the one X-Man everybody in universe had a high opinion of, it would be Kurt before anyone else.

I think the main reason he is there is bc this team needs a teleporter. He was used quite effectively as such in the first issue and given their current predicament, its useful ability to have

I always thought that Kurt was one of those characters that people and creators like enough to want him around, yet not enough to really do anything with. It’s frustrating as a Nightcrawler fan. I really hope hes not just a valet here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Agree on this one. No one has ever done it, but when you write the two together, it's almost like a "D'oh! That makes sense!" moment.