Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Iceman #10 (discussion and spoilers)

GMing tonight, so no time for a full synopsis this month. Discussion points, though:

- It's pretty much stated that the Death Seed is responsible for Daken's relapse into nihilistic villainy, but the resolution is kind of an anti-climax. Bobby freezes it, and Daken exits stage left.

- Despite what Bobby initially thinks, Daken didn't kill Judah when he snikted him. I find that interesting because, bluntly, Daken's had a lot of experience murdering people. If he'd wanted to one-shot Judah, he darn well knew how to do it.

- The issue really did feel a bit rushed. I'd have rathered those pages dedicated to the various students been used for more focus on Bobby.

- Judah decides he can't deal with Bobby's life (especially with the guy who stabbed him still out there). He an Bobby break up. Realistic reaction and I feel bad for Bobby, but I feel like it's for the best narratively.

- Kitty actually shows a glimmer of self-awareness and realizes that she didn't do much to support Bobby as a friend or in her capacity as leader of the X-Men. She agrees that he was underutilized, and offers to let him pick his own team to lead.

And now we've just got one issue left. Thoughts?

I hope he picks a good team.

Those are my thoughts haha. Definitely a little rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I hope he picks a good team.
    I hope we get proper team with their own title. I shall be vexed if this is a wallpaper team or if it's leading into whatever nonsense is going on over in Gold a few months down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I hope we get proper team with their own title. I shall be vexed if this is a wallpaper team or if it's leading into whatever nonsense is going on over in Gold a few months down the line.
    Oh yeah I agree. Charles Soule has been saying that HIS story of Astonishing ends at 12. Which is a bit of a different tune than what we got originally. Maybe Iceman's team will take over that book with a new writer?

I assume the team he selects is the "new gold" advertised -- Magik, Rogue, Armor and Ink ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I assume the team he selects is the "new gold" advertised -- Magik, Rogue, Armor and Ink ?
    We don't see who Bobby picks; the issue ends with Kitty's offer. I'm guessing we'll see who he chooses next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The new Gold team is more long term than it seems - there's going to be a sixth member.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-gold-marc-...ossus-wedding/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman