Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I really hope that this is all a trick from Mesmero, because the idea that Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus can be taken out by two nobodies is rediculous. I mean Kitty is even worried about the mission going wrong especially since Logan left even though she has 3 veteran X-Men who can take care of themselves just fine.

BANNED

Guys, it's a fakeout. Check out the preview pages from the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I am absolutely SICK of this "storm"
    one that falls asleep at the drop of a dime?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Guys, it's a fakeout. Check out the preview pages from the interview.
    For anyone, here's the page
    Pages-from-XMGOLD2017022-int-1.jpg

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Also, Guggenheim is wrong in that interview. Pretty sure Kitty's mother is still alive, we just haven't seen her in decades.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The book is ok-ish every time it DOESN'T feature the X-Men. My favorite issue so far is the one spotlighting Kologoth's backstory. Whenever Guggy's attention shifts back to the Xavier Institute, mediocrity ensues. I could almost bear a Kitty Pryde show if that character was written well, but unfortunately she's just as uninteresting as the rest of the cast, except she tends to be less unconscious. Do writers even know how to write team books anymore? It seems to have become a lost art, especially @ the X-office.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    one that falls asleep at the drop of a dime?
    I'm convinced her nervous system has a shortage.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Spectacular Member

So, after reading that interview (and after whatever that Jean/Rachel substitution/merger/confusion in the annual was), I am getting a strong feeling that the X-editors are either really terrible at their jobs or so high on tramadol that their brains can't function anymore

BANNED

Anyone who's seen Laurel's death in Arrow knows how Rachel's story will conclude and how it will tie in to the Wedding of the Century™.

Anyone who's seen Laurel's death in Arrow knows how Rachel's story will conclude and how it will tie in to the Wedding of the Century™.
    I don't watch Arrow (fortunately), but what that has to do with Rachel and the wedding?
    Last edited by martybarnes; 02-07-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Uh Oh.

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by martybarnes View Post
    I don't watch Arrow (fortunately), but what this has to do with Rachel and the wedding?
    On her deathbed, Laurel, who in the comics is Oliver's OTP, told Oliver that he should continue pursuing Felicity, Oliver's show OTP and Guggenheim's waifu (she's written virtually the same as Kitty). Thus, Laurel's death, a character who had been in the show for 4 seasons and was the female lead, was used solely to further the love story of Olicity.

I could see the same thing happen here with Rachel dying and telling Kitty to get over her grief by not postponing the wedding or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by martybarnes View Post
    I don't watch Arrow (fortunately), but what that has to do with Rachel and the wedding?
    I think it’s a reference to spoilers:
    Laurel suddenly dying when everyone thought she had pulled through.
    end of spoilers

Edit: Oops, or not. Never mind.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 02-07-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

He doesn't know anything. Last year he was demeaning people for having the audacity to claim there's queer subtext in Kitty's appearances because only HE is the X-pert. Now he's hedging his bet on the living status of her parents. Quite a change.
    He really things he can't be wrong.

On her deathbed, Laurel, who in the comics is Oliver's OTP, told Oliver that he should continue pursuing Felicity, Oliver's show OTP and Guggenheim's waifu (she's written virtually the same as Kitty). Thus, Laurel's death, a character who had been in the show for 4 seasons and was the female lead, was used solely to further the love story of Olicity.

I could see the same thing happen here with Rachel dying and telling Kitty to get over her grief by not postponing the wedding or whatever.
    But the big difference here is that Rachel has nothing to do with the Colossu/Kitty romance. Laurel was killed because she was seen as a threat to Olicty.