Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I have to say that the person who drew Storm laying on the ground did it beautifully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I have to say that the person who drew Storm laying on the ground did it beautifully.
    I wanna sleep beside her. Lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel said her hound marks came back...when did they ever go away? I thought she only masked them with her powers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    As has been mentioned before, Guggs has no idea what he's writing and he's uninterested in researching because he already thinks he knows everything.
    So Rachel did lose her houndmarks waaaay back in Excalibur #64 when Rachel is reborn by the Phoenix Force. After her battle to the death with Necrom the PF rebuild Rachel's body and mind free from both Ahab and Mojo's programming. From this point until Kingbreaker #4(ish) when the Phoenix is pulled from her and Korvus' blade she was houndmark freee. Officially that was when they returned. Chris Yost explained to me in a PM when I asked why they returned that he decided that the Phoenix Force being ripped from her body reset her to how she was when she first arrived in 616 (lame). Since then they have essentially stayed (mostly because writers and editors think people can't differentiate redheads) so she looks different from Jeen/Jean/Hope. BUUT the whole idea that Cecelia didn't know about them, and that they were truly gone after IvX is nonsense
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I am not sure why folks are clowning weapon x. I enjoy it and warpath is bae. Blue bores me from jump.
    Weapon X is getting better. Hopefully the cast shake up continues the positive trajectory.

has anyone bothered to count the number of times storm was knocked out or dismissed since this book started?

i would be very curious to know that answer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Weapon X is getting better. Hopefully the cast shake up continues the positive trajectory.
    Speaking of which I’m betting OML is exiting that book too. House cleaning before YML is home.

No doubt. Question is will he just hang around the Marvel U, off the grid, like General Howlett is apparently doing. Or will he go home or die in a blaze of glory or something?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Speaking of which I’m betting OML is exiting that book too. House cleaning before YML is home.
    I doubt OML is leaving anytime soon. He's already left Gold. And giving the pimping status with the Wolverines, Mary Sue Logan has to be in something other than just his solo. The OML vs. Deadpool is only a mini. So that leaves Weapon X & His own solo.

May just be wishful thinking on my part though. Because if anyone has to exit Weapon X and be away from Pak, I want it to be Creed. But if it's MSL, then that lessens the chances.

I bet he’s leaving. Clearing the decks before YML (Young Man Logan) triumphantly returns. This is Marvel we’re talking about, and their cycles are generally quite predictable.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Hmmmm. I wonder if they'll kill him off? Then again, I doubt it if they still have Jimmy around. But it's possible he might leave. There's that fight with Creed coming the next 2 months, with Pak saying it would lead to a major shake-up. Creed is still in the book after that, so maybe Logan isn't. Otherwise, if neither is leaving, I can't imagine what the big change would be.

BANNED

They should flush him into the timestream with the teen O5 and Bloodstorm. That’s a ready-made Exiles book that might actually make it past 12 issues.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Kitty fans probably love Gold.
    Not this Kitty fan... and I'm a former Kitty/Piotr shipper. Since the Phoenix Five thing, I'd been hoping she was permanently done with Piotr.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I SO hated this mess of an issue (which isn’t new).

1. Yes, Amara can play the revenge card a little much, but how she was handled was really stupid – like she had never been on a team before. And I can’t stand her continued depiction as a Human Torch clone. She controls magma (her namesake) and can cause earthquakes, dammit! Flying is so contrary to her powers.

2. This person posing as “Storm” is a joke. If Guggenheim can’t or won’t write her as a competent person, he should have never have chosen her to be on his team. Has any writer on the X-Men been this unimaginative with her powers before?

3. I’m glad to see OML go.

4. Kurt is a non-entity in this book. All he is good for is questioning Rachel’s wellbeing and getting fatally injured but not ‘dying’.

5. What was the point of taking the lines off of Peter? Is he supposed to be more powerful or les s powerful?

6. Rachel is okay, but man is she a weak telepath who supposed to be one of the most powerful ever. She’s like the animated series Jean – always fainting or struggling with her powers.

7. The Pyro and Avalanche sequels are total disasters. As someone else stated, it would have been more interesting if they were Rictor and Rusty or something. And why didn’t the X-Men look out for them. If they were manipulated my Mr. Greenie like Amara, then why not try to speak on their behest so they wouldn’t go to jail like she didn’t? Talk about letting new mutants fall through the cracks. Way to go Kitty!

This X-series will no doubt go down as one of the weakest runs ever… and that’s saying a lot. I’d place him somewhere between Fraction and Austen.
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 02-08-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

It isnt out of character for Mesmero to hypnotize a whole superhero team, he has done that before on more than one occasion, and he turned Jean into a circus worker when she was a Phoenix host.
    What is wrong is treating him like a telepath, not like a hypnotist. He can't read minds, he can't communicate telepathically. He can't go to the astral plane and all the other things telepaths can do. His power is basically brainwashing.

BANNED

Let's hope this terrible writer stays true to form and has Storm sleep all the way through the wedding.