Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Is it fate or planned that Kitty and Peter are getting married in issue 30 like Scott and Jean in the 90s.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    How is Rachel redundant but 2 Storms, 3 Beasts, 2 Angels, 2 Gaysicles, 2 Jeans, and like 8 Wolverines not considered redundant? I know that you're not making that claim, I'm just reacting to your post.

I would not be surprised, sadly, if Rachel is killed or sent away again. It's par for the course for her really because that's historically what they have done. Le sigh....
    Such a great point. I think that redundancy is a lame excuse. I think the writers just don't find her all that interesting. Not as interesting as say, Cable, who's got the "badass" factor and his oh-so-marketable-male muscles and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I have to say that the person who drew Storm laying on the ground did it beautifully.
    Right, all that beauty sleep she been getting is paying off.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

As someone who mainly reads X-men for Wolverine and Storm, both this series and Weapon X have been some of the worst comics I can remember. Gold never knows what to do with storm and she basically exists to show how powerful the villain of the issue is before Kitty takes them out. It's like Guggenheim thinks every issue " look how tough this villain is they took down storm" and then has Kitty wipe the floor with the villain to elevate her. Guggenheim also seemed like he really had no purpose for OML either, really seemed like he was just there for sales and nothing else. Weapon X has been equally as bad, I have never seen a book drag on a boring horrible story like the ridiculous Hulverine thing in weapon x. I mean who really thought it was an amazing idea to spend a year of a book focusing on a ridiculous character so that character can get his own solo book which will probably be cancelled in less issues than it too to develop him in weapon x. Honestly other than Old Man Logan (which I think has been phenomenal) the entire x-line of books is disappointing right now, blue focuses on characters that very few people like, gold has bad writing and inconsistent art, astonishing is all over the place in terms of tone and all new wolverine which started out great has really fallen off because they want to focus less on laura and more on Gabby and Jonathan. Hopefully X-men Red continues to be good because that first issue was the best X-men issue I have read in a few years.

Also as a huge fan of Arrow (pretty much because I would probably watch any show focusing on Green Arrow) the Felicity and Kitty comparisons that some people are making are absolutely correct. The show got so much worse when felicity became a larger part of the show (although I do still enjoy some of the show). Kitty and Felicity both basically exist to always be right and the rest of the characters are basically window dressing that sit around and talk about how amazing kitty/felicity are no matter what they do.
    Last edited by regg215; 02-08-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Is it fate or planned that Kitty and Peter are getting married in issue 30 like Scott and Jean in the 90s.
    Im saying planned. Marvels on a nostalgia trip. Plus MG planned the wedding in his pitch. Either him or Pannicia lined up 30 as a callback.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Im saying planned. Marvels on a nostalgia trip. Plus MG planned the wedding in his pitch. Either him or Pannicia lined up 30 as a callback.
    Yep. We're going back to a lot of classic romances that would probably have been better off staying dead.

Kitty x Colossus
    Rogue x Gambit
    Creed x Mystique
    And I am betting we're gonna revisit Logan x Jean -now that there's no Scott to worry about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. We're going back to a lot of classic romances that would probably have been better off staying dead.

Kitty x Colossus
    Rogue x Gambit
    Creed x Mystique
    And I am betting we're gonna revisit Logan x Jean -now that there's no Scott to worry about.
    we even got some Emma and Banshee in Blue during a time travel arc

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    we even got some Emma and Banshee in Blue during a time travel arc
    Ugh lol Marvel really has something against progression -having all these couples coming back together dysfunctionally all over again rather than doing something new. And making couples that work, are actually fun, and can have issues without one or both looking bad, or whipped.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-08-2018 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Kitty x Colossus
    Rogue x Gambit
    Creed x Mystique
    I like Rogue & Gambit together. I always have. I'm happy to leave the rest in the past.

I really REALLY hope Guggenheim leaves after #30. Or the editors that hired him in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really REALLY hope Guggenheim leaves after #30. Or the editors that hired him in the first place.
    Daniel Ketchum, the editor who hired him before letting anyone else pitch, was fired fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I like Rogue & Gambit together. I always have. I'm happy to leave the rest in the past.
    KT seems to be doing a solid Job. The reception here has been pretty good for her. Maybe they should have given Guges a female writer as a partner for his kitty/peter reunion?

It might have assisted in quelling some of the dissent. By balancing the perspectives.

Though not all from reading the OP in the who is most damaged thread. It seems they had a definite agenda. Calling Kitty straight washed after literally almost marrying a Man also the huge collosus onslaught seems a bit heavy handed. She also has a long history of straight ships with some hints along the way. So how is revisting your past a change of your status quo rather than reinforcing it?

Some days it feels like some want every character to be lgbti.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 02-08-2018 at 06:52 PM.

For soame time now, i’ve wanted to see avalanche reform and join an xteam. I liked the idea of a greek hero on the roster. I don’t know if the new guy is even greek, but i’d love to see a greek xman somewhere.
    Nice to see magma again, and i kind of like the villain upgrade mesmero got. Prestige’s new costume is kind of “ meh.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post

Though not all from reading the OP in the who is most damaged thread. It seems they had a definite agenda. Calling Kitty straight washed after literally almost marrying a Man also the huge collosus onslaught seems a bit heavy handed. She also has a long history of straight ships with some hints along the way. So how is revisting your past a change of your status quo rather than reinforcing it?

Some days it feels like some want every character to be lgbti.
    It's basic X-writing history knowledge that she's bi af.
    Last edited by Mackandal; 02-13-2018 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

My damaged thread was good tbh.

If Gold had a female co-writer, the Kittylossus ship wouldn't have set sail. That's purely a (middle-aged) male fantasy.