Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Oh I'm very aware, how far he's strayed from that path.

I'll at least concede that this is the best pitch I've heard of it, but I still prefer Tim as an actual detective.
    He can't stay in the Peter Parker route for long though which as all Spider-Man fans know never worked well for the real deal but I do agree with the detective route more so than the Oracle one mainly because I would give anything to have Barbara back in it and acting her age. Tim can be a detective just independently of Bruce.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    He can't stay in the Peter Parker route for long though which as all Spider-Man fans know never worked well for the real deal but I do agree with the detective route more so than the Oracle one mainly because I would give anything to have Barbara back in it and acting her age. Tim can be a detective just independently of Bruce.
    It just has to be evolved.

Give me a mini of Tim going to a big city college, maybe even have him "hang up" RR, be gradually pulled back into doing detective work as Tim Drake, then establish a new identity when he realizes he can't shut down that side of him.

Then give me an ongoing, have his parents move to said city to be "closer to him" giving us more drama. Have Ives and potentially Steph going to the same school as supporting characters.

Have random characters come to him occasionally for detective assistance, particuarly those who don't want to deal with Batman.
    Last edited by WhipWhirlwind; 02-09-2018 at 10:26 AM.

It just has to be evolved.

Give me a mini of Tim going to a big city college, maybe even have him "hang up" RR, be gradually pulled back into doing detective work as Tim Drake, then establish a new identity when he realizes he can't shut down that side of him.

Then give me an ongoing, have his parents move to said city to be "closer to him" giving us more drama. Have Ives and potentially Steph going to the same school as supporting characters.

Have random characters come to him occasionally for detective assistance, particularly those who don't want to deal with Batman.
    True but what sort of new identity should Tim Drake have if not Red Robin since no one seems to like it even though it has more or less stuck and that is a good pitch to finally give Tim Drake a better place than just like how becoming Nightwing and protecting Bludhaven gave Dick Grayson a new purpose. DC needs new guys with talent.

True but what sort of new identity should Tim Drake have if not Red Robin since no one seems to like it even though it has more or less stuck and that is a good pitch to finally give Tim Drake a better place than just like how becoming Nightwing and protecting Bludhaven gave Dick Grayson a new purpose. DC needs new guys with talent.
    I am personally completely fine with Red Robin. It sounds kind of old school which I think fits Tim, but I know a lot of people don't like it.

BANNED

I am personally completely fine with Red Robin. It sounds kind of old school which I think fits Tim, but I know a lot of people don't like it.
    I don't really care what Tim calls himself--as long as he's not in any books I buy.

Thats because it sounds like Robin, just with the word red in front of it lol.

I'm still hoping he becomes the next Question (maybe call him the Answer?)

In a way I am find with Red Robin though some mock because it's the name of restaurant franchise from what I heard though I hardly care for that reason, but Dick Grayson from Kingdom Come used it though. But about your putch why not include Lynx III or even Tamara Fox as a rival for Stephanie Brown?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-09-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Writers should have Tim switch between identities until they find one that sticks. Preferably a name that doesn't include Red(Red Robin makes me think of the burger place and Jason is already Red Hood).

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Writers should have Tim switch between identities until they find one that sticks. Preferably a name that doesn't include Red(Red Robin makes me think of the burger place and Jason is already Red Hood).
    Dick Grayson used that identity in Kingdom Come but yeah you could be right but the bigger question is what should it be?

Astonishing Member

Dick Grayson used that identity in Kingdom Come but yeah you could be right but the bigger question is what should it be?
    Excluding all the code names that include 'Red', I've heard people suggest Grey Ghost and Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Excluding all the code names that include 'Red', I've heard people suggest Grey Ghost and Oracle.
    Grey Ghost is the name of that character voiced by Adam West but will it suit Tim's fun personality? And I'd rather see Barbara become Oracle just so she can finally go back to acting her age.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm still hoping he becomes the next Question (maybe call him the Answer?)
    I would LOVE this. It would make him slightly edgier while still fitting his personality perfectly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

I say give it to the person who would enjoy a 'desk' job the least.

Give it to Damien.

The character growth would be phenomenal. Having to tackle problems he couldn't simply punch or slice his way through would force him to grow as both a person and crimefighter. It could potentially make him more relateble because instead of lashing out out of his sense of privilege, it would be because he's simply angry at his current predicament. It would add some much needed humility to the character having to depend on others to do the butt kicking (although he doesn't necessarily need to acknowledge this to anyone but himself), resulting in making him more likeable.

With the exception of maybe Babs, making anyone else Oracle but Damien at this point would simply be a grossly missed opportunity.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats because it sounds like Robin, just with the word red in front of it lol.
    True, but I guess the color adds an extra dose of pulpiness to it? I feel similarly about Grey Ghost, which I'd also like.

In a way I am find with Red Robin though some mock because it's the name of restaurant franchise from what I heard though I hardly care for that reason, but Dick Grayson from Kingdom Come used it though. But about your putch why not include Lynx III or even Tamara Fox as a rival for Stephanie Brown?
    I like Fox and Lynx both as supporting characters, so wouldn't mind at all if either of them came up from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I don't really care what Tim calls himself--as long as he's not in any books I buy.
    Your consistency is always appreciated.