Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,081

    Default

    Honestly, I like the role he has now and would like him to expand the idea he has with gotham knights and work with batman inc. if that's still a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I would like Babs to be Oracle again lol someone needs to save her from her horrible book. I really dislike her current version. If DC wants to keep the current concept of the book just make Steph Batgirl and let Babs be herself again.
    Anyway what I actually wanted to say is that Oracle is Babs' thing and Drake needs to find his own path. Red Robin was always a horrible name and Tim deserves better. I had high hopes for Rebirth but I've the feeling Tim got even more annoying + he looks like a cheap version of Robin. I have no idea who approved his new costume but it was a horrible idea. Who knows maybe Lobdell is the one who needs to fix Tim, he is doing a good job with Jason now so maybe he should fix the mess he created however there is always the possibility it might make things worse and maybe he just got lucky with Jason but one thing is for sure DC needs to figure out what to do with Tim and the rest of the Batman Family. I hate to start this topic again but maybe DC should also stop adding new/old characters to the Batman Family and Gotham without a plan. They can't just put them into one book and call it a day. It's not going to wok forever and they are wasting the potential of these characters. Tim, Steph and Cass could hold their own book once upon a time and I'm pretty sure they could do it again.
    I agree that DC needs to do something with the batgirl book, but making her oracle is a bad idea if it means her getting injured again.

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    What about Flamebird?
    Flamebird is a girl name. It'd be like make Tim's new code name Wanda.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Flamebird is a girl name. It'd be like make Tim's new code name Wanda.
    No more than Oracle in that a woman has held it. And didn't Flamebird start with Jimmy Olsen?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,007

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I would like Babs to be Oracle again lol someone needs to save her from her horrible book. I really dislike her current version. If DC wants to keep the current concept of the book just make Steph Batgirl and let Babs be herself again.
    NO.. NEVER.. Because the book and the concept are HORRIBLE(Since Burnside) I donīt want Steph as Batgirl..

    Unlike when Cass and Steph were batgirls, the Batgirl role is not the same now(a high respectable position in the batfamily.. Give this role to other female is doom her..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-09-2018 at 01:42 AM.

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    No more than Oracle in that a woman has held it. And didn't Flamebird start with Jimmy Olsen?
    You're right--I forgot about that! Apologies.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    My issue with this is the recent emphasis on Computers!Hacking! is one of my least favorite aspects of the character.

    I can see a path for Tim to become oracle, but it would also pretty much be the final nail in the Dixon!Tim coffin.

  7. #22
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    My issue with this is the recent emphasis on Computers!Hacking! is one of my least favorite aspects of the character.

    I can see a path for Tim to become oracle, but it would also pretty much be the final nail in the Dixon!Tim coffin.
    I'm just tired of SUPERGENIUS!!!!!! Tim. It's made him totally unreleatable.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm just tired of SUPERGENIUS!!!!!! Tim. It's made him totally unreleatable.
    His intelligence should be modeled after Peter Parker. Yeah he's smart, and yeah he probably could have a career in the sciences and knows enough in a lot of fields to get by, but he's a detective not Tony Stark.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    His intelligence should be modeled after Peter Parker. Yeah he's smart, and yeah he probably could have a career in the sciences and knows enough in a lot of fields to get by, but he's a detective not Tony Stark.
    The current Tim Drake is smarter than Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Moon Girl all put together. I'd just have him good with computers, but all the Bat-Family should be good with computers.

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I want Tim to get a different code name almost as much as I want him to have his own series again. I've never cared for the "Red Robin" name even when it was used in Kingdom Come. Besides the fact that it is just...meh (to me) it's tied to well known to the restaurant chain in the general public. Oracle could be cool for him, but it's also too much of a behind the scenes type of name as well...I much prefer Tim to be front and center, which isn't to say it couldn't work. A name I think could work for Tim would be Sandman (in a role similar to the Sandman Mystery Theater style as opposed to the yellow and purple clad version.) But either way, I would love to see Tim adopt something other than Red Robin be it Oracle, Sandman, Redwing, Talon, Mid-nite....whatever...just give him better characterization than he received during New52, please.
    (As for Flamebird, I want Bette to go back to that one. Everything about that persona is better than Hawkfire.)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    My issue with this is the recent emphasis on Computers!Hacking! is one of my least favorite aspects of the character.

    I can see a path for Tim to become oracle, but it would also pretty much be the final nail in the Dixon!Tim coffin.
    See, I like Oracle Tim because I think it's really the only way to resurrect Dixon!Tim.

    I think his time as "Red Robin" has been directionless, and because they don't know what to do with him, they've pushed him toward Tony Stark/SuperGenius just to give him some clear identity compared to Dick, Jason, Damian, and Duke.

    I agree SuperGenius Tim doesn't really suit him, and I want to bring him back to his roots as the BatFamily version of Peter Parker.

    As Oracle, he'd basically be allowed to be a young person again. He could have a normal life. As the superhero Oracle, he's more of a web programmer/Twitch streamer/researcher — far more relatable than someone who's built The Belfry and thought of every possible outcome, which is basically just Bruce Wayne redux.

    At her peak, Babs Oracle was a supporting character in EVERY Bat-book, because characters always need intel/exposition. Give this role to Tim Drake. Then he doesn't need to be anything other than "A Smart Kid with The Best Job in the World" — ie, helping Batman. His original thing.

  11. #26
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    4,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    His intelligence should be modeled after Peter Parker. Yeah he's smart, and yeah he probably could have a career in the sciences and knows enough in a lot of fields to get by, but he's a detective not Tony Stark.
    Coincidentally he is based on Peter Parker.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

  12. #27
    Mighty Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kilkenny, Ireland
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Tim needs a mini reboot. He needs to be more than a really,really obnoxious hacker/tech savant. The situation with his parents needs to be clarified too. The current version of Tim is unworthy to be Oracle. But he does need to change Red Robin and his current costume. The name is derivative and the fact that he's essentially wearing a Robin costume makes him look like he can't move on. He's not much younger Jason, who died and still found the time to forge a new identity. Tim is stuck in between.

  13. #28
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Coincidentally he is based on Peter Parker.
    Oh I'm very aware, how far he's strayed from that path.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    See, I like Oracle Tim because I think it's really the only way to resurrect Dixon!Tim.

    I think his time as "Red Robin" has been directionless, and because they don't know what to do with him, they've pushed him toward Tony Stark/SuperGenius just to give him some clear identity compared to Dick, Jason, Damian, and Duke.

    I agree SuperGenius Tim doesn't really suit him, and I want to bring him back to his roots as the BatFamily version of Peter Parker.

    As Oracle, he'd basically be allowed to be a young person again. He could have a normal life. As the superhero Oracle, he's more of a web programmer/Twitch streamer/researcher — far more relatable than someone who's built The Belfry and thought of every possible outcome, which is basically just Bruce Wayne redux.

    At her peak, Babs Oracle was a supporting character in EVERY Bat-book, because characters always need intel/exposition. Give this role to Tim Drake. Then he doesn't need to be anything other than "A Smart Kid with The Best Job in the World" — ie, helping Batman. His original thing.
    I'll at least concede that this is the best pitch I've heard of it, but I still prefer Tim as an actual detective.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    I think Tim needs to jump out of his traditional soap box. I think he needs to interact with someone like Damian and even Duke more and less the YJ generation or Steph. He's not going to grow or find new directions by retreading the same old relationships.

  15. #30
    Mighty Member WhipWhirlwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Him and Damian are hilarious together, so I'm all for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •