Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    It'll be way less than 10 years. When was the last time Demogoblin appeared? I'm predicting resurrected Harry as the new demonic goblin in 2020
    http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=4992

I checked out in this website, Carnage and Dark Reign are just flashbacks, and he doesn't actualy show up in Adjectiveless Spider-Man#49 (Not even in a flashback), he does in 48 though, it's where he's killed, so last time he showed up was almost 24 years ago.

Demogoblin would actualy be fitting to show up in a way right now, since we have Damnation, and that mention of Mephisto having an obssession with Parkers, so if he wants to torment a Spider-Parker, nothing more fitting than a Goblin who works for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is worth noting Spider-Man runs rarely end with death, except for some villains (the Jackal, Bart Hamilton, the Burglar.)

There would also be the weirdness of leaving the next writer to deal with the consequences of major developments.
    In regards to Spider-Man's runs not typically ending with death, you're right.

However, writers picking up stories immediately after another writter ran them through the wringer and flipped their world upside down is actually par for the course for comics. Look at how Daredevil runs keep ending between writers over the past decade. Massive status qou changes that somebody else deals with. Spider-Man himself has been that way as well. One writer unmasked him, another wrote about the fallout. Spider-Man was married for decades until one story split them up, but the aftermath of that was still handled by a different writer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=4992

I checked out in this website, Carnage and Dark Reign are just flashbacks, and he doesn't actualy show up in Adjectiveless Spider-Man#49 (Not even in a flashback), he does in 48 though, it's where he's killed, so last time he showed up was almost 24 years ago.

Demogoblin would actualy be fitting to show up in a way right now, since we have Damnation, and that mention of Mephisto having an obssession with Parkers, so if he wants to torment a Spider-Parker, nothing more fitting than a Goblin who works for him.
    I should admit that I just wanted him to show up soon so he gets a Marvel Legends figure, but yeah, he could fit in w/Damnation. I do wonder, since this thread is about ending the run, if the Norman/Carnage thing isn't a slight head fake. I could see someone else coming in to be part of the finale that's completely under the radar - Doc Ock (I have a super long opinion on why I think Slott should do one last story with him), Kingsley, even Mephisto - as the real villain of the finale (i.e. the one who causes Peter the most pain/tragedy).

Personal opinion - the Mephisto/Scarlet Spider stuff probably won't go anywhere. If Marvel decides to address Peter/Mephisto, it'll either be in ASM or a high profile mini. I imagine that line is more about justifying the SS tie-in to Damnation than presaging any upcoming storylines. Saying Mephisto has an obsession with Parkers is just a patently absurd statement, in universe or out.

I should admit that I just wanted him to show up soon so he gets a Marvel Legends figure, but yeah, he could fit in w/Damnation. I do wonder, since this thread is about ending the run, if the Norman/Carnage thing isn't a slight head fake. I could see someone else coming in to be part of the finale that's completely under the radar - Doc Ock (I have a super long opinion on why I think Slott should do one last story with him), Kingsley, even Mephisto - as the real villain of the finale (i.e. the one who causes Peter the most pain/tragedy).
    Slott using Otto is expected, Kingsley would be odd since he's less interested in Revenge against Spider-Man and would only show up to defeat him given the chance (Not really fitting for a "final boss", though he could show up to inconvenience Spidey), Mephisto I find it unlikely since Damnation will be happening and it'd be odd for him to be in both events (Doesn't mean he won't show up though).

Personal opinion - the Mephisto/Scarlet Spider stuff probably won't go anywhere. If Marvel decides to address Peter/Mephisto, it'll either be in ASM or a high profile mini. I imagine that line is more about justifying the SS tie-in to Damnation than presaging any upcoming storylines. Saying Mephisto has an obsession with Parkers is just a patently absurd statement, in universe or out.
    Honestly, they don't need to mention the "Parker Clan" stuff to justify why Ben and Kaine will be involved in Damnation, the event is happening in Las Vegas, and they're one of the very few heroes living there, but yeah, it's pretty likely Ben and Mephisto won't go anywhere, this mention of Mephisto having interested in the "Parker Clan" sounds like bait for people who want OMD gone.

And I agree that Mephisto being obssessed with Parkers is stupid, it actualy makes his moronic deal from OMD even stupider, since he didn't gain as much as he could from it, only Peter's and MJ's love and made sure their future daughter wouldn't be born (Or if she was alive, her existance was erased), but besides those things, he actualy improved Peter's life instead of abusing some loophole, now with this obssession he really didn't get what he wanted, dumbass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    If someone is going to die----and, really, that's what happens with these big story arcs----I think Harry is the likely candidate. He hasn't been utilized effectively at all since his return a decade ago until very recently when he worked for Peter at PI. His death would certainly impact Peter quite a bit and also add a twist to the Peter/Norman dynamic if Peter were to blame Norman for Harry's death.
    I've been thinking a bit more on this.

Something with Harry might be set up. He's been a bigger part of Volume 4, and he has reconciled with Liz, who played a role in Goblin Nation. He also has obvious connections to the big villain.

I don't think Harry's going to die, just because it's been done before, and he came back. But I could see some kind of mutilation.

A potential death would be Liz Allen. She's been in the book since Amazing Fantasy #15. It would be meaningful for Peter and Harry. There could be a character arc connecting with what happened in Goblin Nation, and it's not the type of event that Slott would feel he wants to deal with the aftermath for several months worth of comics. It wouldn't be very politically correct though to kill off a female character connected to three male characters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

My speculation: the Red Goblin is Norman, but the Green Goblin...is someone else.

Mighty Member

My speculation is that Osborn will kill aunt Mary and destroy the daily bugle which will cause Peter to leave New York and start over somewhere else, but not quit being spider Man.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    My speculation: the Red Goblin is Norman, but the Green Goblin...is someone else.
    The green goblin could be Harry unless Norman is green and Harry is red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A potential death would be Liz Allen. She's been in the book since Amazing Fantasy #15. It would be meaningful for Peter and Harry. There could be a character arc connecting with what happened in Goblin Nation, and it's not the type of event that Slott would feel he wants to deal with the aftermath for several months worth of comics. It wouldn't be very politically correct though to kill off a female character connected to three male characters.
    Liz dying was one of the many catalysts for Normie's own madness in MC2, plus it'd be an interesting deviation for once to have her die while Harry lives, rather than how it is with Renew Your Vows where Harry is dead and Liz goes on finding difficulty with raising Normie (and there'd be the added complication of Stanley with the world where Harry lives)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Slott using Otto is expected, Kingsley would be odd since he's less interested in Revenge against Spider-Man and would only show up to defeat him given the chance (Not really fitting for a "final boss", though he could show up to inconvenience Spidey), Mephisto I find it unlikely since Damnation will be happening and it'd be odd for him to be in both events (Doesn't mean he won't show up though).
    To expand a bit, what I was imagining is something more like Norman doing something that draws in a villain to take him down, not "Oh, Hobgoblin just showed up, too, to torment Spidey." Kingsley as arms dealer extraordinaire may have a Carnage-proof weapon and think this is as good a shot as any after their tussle during Goblin Nation (or he wants the Carnage suit to sell, or he was the one selling the Carnage specimen and got shafted, or ...). Likewise w/Doc Ock (and correct me if I'm wrong), he still doesn't know that Norman was the one that caused him to give up his dope new life as Spider-man, right? Of if he does, he hasn't really gotten his revenge? Either of them could end up targeting one of Norman's descendants - who the actual collateral damage is might be different, but it's not hard to imagine Doc Ock kidnapping Stanley or Normie to parallel Norman kidnapping Anna Maria to get to SpOck. I tossed in Mephisto for kicks - it's not entirely impossible the Carnage thing goes badly quickly and Norman tries to make a deal with the Devil (Harry cursed to be Demogoblin for the win!) that echos (but doesn't really reference) OMD. It'd be a somewhat ironic turn of events, too - everyone was on Mephisto when the art first surfaced of the Red Goblin, but a solicit very quickly turned us all to Carnage. The Mephisto predictions would then be right for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    My speculation is that Osborn will kill aunt Mary and destroy the daily bugle which will cause Peter to leave New York and start over somewhere else, but not quit being spider Man.
    He could move to Portland with MJ and start working for a medical research company.

Mephisto tells Aunt May what Peter did. She takes a tumble down the stairs and snaps her neck. I could be wrong though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Mephisto tells Aunt May what Peter did. She takes a tumble down the stairs and snaps her neck.
    Mr. Sinister should push her down it.

(God I'm old)

To expand a bit, what I was imagining is something more like Norman doing something that draws in a villain to take him down, not "Oh, Hobgoblin just showed up, too, to torment Spidey." Kingsley as arms dealer extraordinaire may have a Carnage-proof weapon and think this is as good a shot as any after their tussle during Goblin Nation (or he wants the Carnage suit to sell, or he was the one selling the Carnage specimen and got shafted, or ...).
    Ah, that'd be cool, but I fear they would make Roderick look lame for that Norman ass kissing if they tried that.

Likewise w/Doc Ock (and correct me if I'm wrong), he still doesn't know that Norman was the one that caused him to give up his dope new life as Spider-man, right? Of if he does, he hasn't really gotten his revenge? Either of them could end up targeting one of Norman's descendants - who the actual collateral damage is might be different, but it's not hard to imagine Doc Ock kidnapping Stanley or Normie to parallel Norman kidnapping Anna Maria to get to SpOck.
    Otto doesn't know it, at most he knows that he gave up and let Spidey have his body back, but he doesn't believe it, learning that Norman defeated him could make him want to defeat Norman though.

I tossed in Mephisto for kicks - it's not entirely impossible the Carnage thing goes badly quickly and Norman tries to make a deal with the Devil (Harry cursed to be Demogoblin for the win!) that echos (but doesn't really reference) OMD. It'd be a somewhat ironic turn of events, too - everyone was on Mephisto when the art first surfaced of the Red Goblin, but a solicit very quickly turned us all to Carnage. The Mephisto predictions would then be right for all the wrong reasons.
    Honestly, ever since this theory of Norman making a deal with Mephisto showed up I found it odd, Norman doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd do that (I can imagine him doing it if he's confident he could outsmart Mephisto), but then again, Slott is the kind of writter who wants to write a story and characterization can go to hell, so it can happen in unfitting ways.

I also find it unfitting for him to willingly bond with a symbiote to begin with, but I guess that can be excused that he was that desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Mr. Sinister should push her down it.

(God I'm old)
    But it's not her one weakness

Perhaps Norman tosses the Carnage symbiote on Liz and she takes out Harry and her freaky little kid. Then Ned returns as Hobby (because why not) and tosses Anna Maria off a bridge, but Superior Otto arrives just in time to save her...or does he? "Snap!"

One thing worth noting, it's possible that Red Goblin won't be Norman, when he got the Carnage symbiote, he didn't transform into some weird mix of Goblin and symbiote, he just turned into Carnage, so unless the symbiote decides to change appearances or Norman finds some way to control it, Red Goblin could be someone else and Carnage could be a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Perhaps Norman tosses the Carnage symbiote on Liz and she takes out Harry and her freaky little kid. Then Ned returns as Hobby (because why not) and tosses Anna Maria off a bridge, but Superior Otto arrives just in time to save her...or does he? "Snap!"
    Can't wait for Anna Maria clones to pop out because someone was obssessed with her .