Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

I hate it when the spider on the black suit is drawn differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The black suit is back

I'm not sure I like the black suit with web pits lol, love the spiders' arms going on his shoulders though.

BANNED

Higher quality

Hopefuly Peter keeps what he said in #798, and uses the Peter side to beat Norman more than the Spider-Man or symbiote, otherwise it'd make the nice ending from #798 to be less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Higher quality

I have no idea what's happening here, is Flash using up the healing powers of his suit to heal a dead supporting cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I have no idea what's happening here, is Flash using up the healing powers of his suit to heal a dead supporting cast?
    Looks like it, and the people he's healing are Silk, Clash, Mary Jane, Aunt May, and Harry. And given how his Anti-Venom suit isn't holding together, and he's got visible cuts on his hands, this makes me believe Flash will help Spidey save the day but at the cost of his own life.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Didn't the last Anti-Venom symbiote die by healing people? Is history really going to repeat itself? Lol.

Anyone else think that the return of ‘Good’ Ol’ Cletus Cassidy in Venomised will leave him set up to be brought into this arc to divide Carnage between Osborn and himself like Venom between Flash and Eddie in Venom Inc

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I wonder if that's a version of the stealth suit. Also, I don't see why Flash would die from healing these people, as Eddie healed alot more as Anti-Venom people back in Spider-Island.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I wonder if that's a version of the stealth suit. Also, I don't see why Flash would die from healing these people, as Eddie healed alot more as Anti-Venom people back in Spider-Island.
    Maybe after he heals them, he takes a lot of damage from Osborn/Red Goblin, then uses the last of the Anti-Venom to defeat him. Only, because he burned out the Anti-Venom, he can't heal his own injuries and then dies.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Anyone else think that the return of ‘Good’ Ol’ Cletus Cassidy in Venomised will leave him set up to be brought into this arc to divide Carnage between Osborn and himself like Venom between Flash and Eddie in Venom Inc
    The ability to engage in more complex evil might tempt the Carnage symbiote to stay with Osborn, but given the choice, it's always gone back to Kasady in the past; the two are just too connected to each other in multiple ways.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Maybe after he heals them, he takes a lot of damage from Osborn/Red Goblin, then uses the last of the Anti-Venom to defeat him. Only, because he burned out the Anti-Venom, he can't heal his own injuries and then dies.
    That is a real possibility, though killing off a character as iconic as Flash would be a big move.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member

1º) HA!!! I KNEW IT!!! The moment I saw that cover for #799 censoring Spider-Man's picture, I knew it has to be because of a new suit! And which suit could be more appropiated to face the Red Goblin than the Black Spider-Man?! It's a battle between "natural enemies combined": Goblin vs Spider, Carnage vs Venom. For me, it's obvious that this was the only way to fight Osborn in this situation.

2º) Check it closely!! This is not a black suit made of fabric, it is a symbiot suit too!!! The proof is in the second image shown in the panel. While running from the Red Goblin, Spider-Man is webslinging in the "organic way", just like Venom does instead of Spider-Man's mechanical webshooters. I bet this is the same symbiote that bonded with Spider-Man in "Venomized #1", because it's obvious Spider-Man would risk too much bonding with Venom's symbiote.

3º) I know is irritating, but the White Spider-Symbol has to be designed differently to avoid similarities with Venom. Julia Carpenter changed her original black suit when Venom started to be famous. And in the series "Ultimate Spider-Man", she appeared wearing a suit that combined her original suit with Cassandra Webb's (Madame Web) original one. But even so, you should recognize the design as the same style used by Flash as Agent Venom; of course, without the "soldier equipment". You can recognize the white spider's design here:
    + Agent Venom's original design in his first appearances.
    + Agent Venom's first design in the animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors".
    + Agent Venom's design as a "hybrid" between Spider-Man's original black suit and Agent Venom's look as an "Agent of Cosmos". You can find it in the cover of "Venom: Space Knight #2".

4º) It's sad for me that the classic red and blue suit to be absent for a time, but I can live with it. After all, sooner or later, Spider-Man always returns to something similar to the classic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    5º) Dude, seriously, it's not difficult to guess the context here. See:
    + Flash appears to help Spider-Man against the Red Goblin, but it seems his Anti-Venom's suit is practically running out of juice.
    + We have a Flashback here, which seems to aim that the Red Goblin actually lied and tried to kill everyone that Peter Parker knows.
    + However, Flash was quick enough to save their lives in time.
    + I can recognize Flash healing Clash, Silk, Mary Jane, Aunt May and... I don't recognize the last guy. It worked, but the effort almost consumes Anti-Venom's symbiote completely; similar to how Eddie Brock's Anti-Venom was consumed in Spider-Island to cure all New Yorkers. I guess Flash is going to lose Anti-Venom at the endo of this story. (I knew the white suit didn't work for a soldier; surely, Flash will bond with Toxin next, when they decide to bring it back).
    + There's something in Flash's hand in the last picture, but I don't know what it is. Either they are cuts, or maybe they are poisoned needles that Osborn used to kill Peter's loved ones. I guess it's more probable to be poisoned needles. I count 10, so there must be 10 victims.
    + Finally, the last picture is a revitalized Spider-Man who, now knowing his beloved ones are safe, he's ready to give Osborn the beating of his whole life.

Looks like it, and the people he's healing are Silk, Clash, Mary Jane, Aunt May, and Harry. And given how his Anti-Venom suit isn't holding together, and he's got visible cuts on his hands, this makes me believe Flash will help Spidey save the day but at the cost of his own life.
    Like I said, they look like cuts, but I think they look more like poisoned needles. This is possibly how Osborn was going to kill Peter's beloved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I wonder if that's a version of the stealth suit.
    Like I said, it's a symbiote because it's using the organic webs that Venom uses.

Surely, Flash will lose the Anti-Venom after this, but he's not going to die.

Well, what do you think?

Flash has some major death flags he barely has his costume and he is between a battle between spiderman who rocking The Black vs Red Goblin. He looks to be the collateral damage of this arc. Also it would be totally weird for Spiderman to be using the symbiote from Venomize but then again comics don’t give a damn about continuity so we will see how this plays out.

If Slott kills off Flash, I guess that would mean he only really brought him back and gave him a new suit and identity so he could make a heroic sacrifice in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    2º) Check it closely!! This is not a black suit made of fabric, it is a symbiot suit too!!! The proof is in the second image shown in the panel. While running from the Red Goblin, Spider-Man is webslinging in the "organic way", just like Venom does instead of Spider-Man's mechanical webshooters. I bet this is the same symbiote that bonded with Spider-Man in "Venomized #1", because it's obvious Spider-Man would risk too much bonding with Venom's symbiote.
    In the second panel he's holding some white web though, in the first one we can see the webs closer and it looks like his typical webs, although that doesn't prove it isn't a symbiote, since Venom is perfectly capable of making webs, and even the suit from Venomized can make them. It's also possible this isn't the suit from Venomized since it looks different, but in case it is, Spidey could either have changed the design to look different from Venom (Since the suit can change appearances) or the artist screwed up:

https://i.imgur.com/xuRT8UE.png

Marvel likes to reference Secret Wars#8 cover huh? Lol

+ I can recognize Flash healing Clash, Silk, Mary Jane, Aunt May and... I don't recognize the last guy.
    I think that guy is Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Slott kills off Flash, I guess that would mean he only really brought him back and gave him a new suit and identity so he could make a heroic sacrifice in this arc.
    Bringing back Flash to kill him off sounds lame, but when you put it like that... It sounds worse lol.