Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if ASM will be cancelled after this storyline.
    There's no way Marvel would be dumb enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Nah. It will almost certainly be relaunched as ASM Volume 5 though. Marvel seemingly cannot live with a title with numbering around # 802, 803. They will cash in with #800 and then likely relaunch again, despite the pledge to return to renumbering with Marvel Legacy last year.
    Hopefuly you're wrong, so many relaunches are just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    After the last issue, I think they are definitely building up to some OMD callbacks. I mean, from the teases we've seen throughout the books for a while, including that Mephisto cameo in Spider-Man/Deadpool to #795, they have to be ramping up to revisiting the events of OMD.

It may not be a full reversal of OMD, but maybe Peter final learns the truth that he and Mary Jane were married and that Mephisto messed with his reality.
    There's also Damnation saying that Mephisto is obssessed with the "Parker-clan", but honestly, all of this sounds like bait to attract naíve Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Comixology have a sale on for Amazing Spider-Man Annual 21 now.

https://www.comixology.com/Amazing-S...l-comic/150560
    Does it also have one for Spectacular's Annual 7? That one is about their honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    After the last issue, I think they are definitely building up to some OMD callbacks. I mean, from the teases we've seen throughout the books for a while, including that Mephisto cameo in Spider-Man/Deadpool to #795, they have to be ramping up to revisiting the events of OMD.

It may not be a full reversal of OMD, but maybe Peter final learns the truth that he and Mary Jane were married and that Mephisto messed with his reality.
    Ah no, rather I think they are merely trolling people with these teases to raise sales. There is a portion of the fanbase that will buy anything if it *might* undo or otherwise readdress OMD in some fashion.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Nah. It will almost certainly be relaunched as ASM Volume 5 though. Marvel seemingly cannot live with a title with numbering around # 802, 803. They will cash in with #800 and then likely relaunch again, despite the pledge to return to renumbering with Marvel Legacy last year.
    That would be very disappointing, I keep hoping Marvel has learned something, anything for the last few years constant missteps.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ah no, rather I think they are merely trolling people with these teases to raise sales. There is a portion of the fanbase that will buy anything if it *might* undo or otherwise readdress OMD in some fashion.
    That could very well be the case. But if it is, well then, di** move, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I don't see that being the point. It's human nature to think that others care about the same things we do to the same extent , but that can lead to conspiratorial thinking about stuff that Marvel doesn't care about, and that they wouldn't think fans care about enough.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't see that being the point. It's human nature to think that others care about the same things we do to the same extent , but that can lead to conspiratorial thinking about stuff that Marvel doesn't care about, and that they wouldn't think fans care about enough.
    Marvel does have a history of bringing up this topic more often than perhaps they should. Granted, many people see in previews what they want to happen. A perfect example is the "devil's tail" an early leaked pic of Red Goblin sported. Right away many people said, "aha he's Mephisto or a minion thus OMD will be a huge part of this storyline".
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-12-2018 at 08:14 PM.

BANNED

Apparently Comixology also has a sale on for "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane" too.

Either in preparation for the Peter/MJ scene in ASM 797 or something else...but it looks like the "teasing" is working, because now fans in other places I frequent are starting to speculate Marvel will announce something on Valentines Day.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-13-2018 at 02:21 AM.

You know what’d be cool? If Normie inflicted May with a lethal injury, yet she was still completely alive, putting her in a constant state of pain, forcing Peter to undo his deal with Mephisto, bringing back his marriage with MJ, having him give a tear-jerking goodbye to Aunt May, who tells him to move on with his life. Then he goes and whups Osborn’s ass, and we have a scene in the afterlife where May is reunited with Uncle Ben.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    You know what’d be cool? If Normie inflicted May with a lethal injury, yet she was still completely alive, putting her in a constant state of pain, forcing Peter to undo his deal with Mephisto, bringing back his marriage with MJ, having him give a tear-jerking goodbye to Aunt May, who tells him to move on with his life. Then he goes and whups Osborn’s ass, and we have a scene in the afterlife where May is reunited with Uncle Ben.
    You that's pretty much what everyone has been saying about May she should have died.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is worth noting Spider-Man runs rarely end with death, except for some villains (the Jackal, Bart Hamilton, the Burglar.)

There would also be the weirdness of leaving the next writer to deal with the consequences of major developments.
    The idea of NOT leaving the next writer up with hanging plot threads is relatively new to comics, though, isn't it?

It's only when people started 'writing to the trade' that they began to see their runs as needing some kind of completion.

I could see it going either way with Slott--though I do think he'd consult with upcoming writer before he did anything too drastic. But the 'pass-the-baton' approach can be a lot of fun.

The most recent example I can think of in modern times is when Bendis passed DAREDEVIL off to Brubaker with Matt in prison.

Also, Slott recently did an interview where he noted that you have to tidy up the toybox and leave the characters as you found them. And we all know how Slott loves misdirection!

Censorship Sucks

I predict a big build-up, which will look like an impressive conclusion coming, followed by a let down and the burning question of why did I even bother reading.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I predict a big build-up, which will look like an impressive conclusion coming, followed by a let down and the burning question of why did I even bother reading.
    Judging from the MJ appearance in 797, she seems to want Peter, but is not ready to deal with the Spidey part of his life yet again. I think they will be back on speaking terms, but any reunion will take some considerable time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Judging from the MJ appearance in 797, she seems to want Peter, but is not ready to deal with the Spidey part of his life yet again. I think they will be back on speaking terms, but any reunion will take some considerable time.
    And you'd be right, they're on speaking terms as of Amazing Spider-Man Annual#42
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    LOL it's funny because it's true, especially so in recent years.

I predict that Peter will go down swinging after being hit by a brick thrown by a thug who was released from police custody by a magic pigeon.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.