Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Eva Green all he way. I've always thought she'd make a great Selina Kyle/Catwoman as well.
    You are my new best friend now. Congrats.

After thinking it over, I have to concur with the choice of Zooey Deschanel as Zatanna.

BANNED

MEW definitely

Amazing Member

I'm sure she'll appear in the Constantine show at some point. I'd like Zooey too, but the last actress from Smallville was ok, I forget her name though.
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Ultimate Member

Her name is Serinda Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    I'm sure she'll appear in the Constantine show at some point. I'd like Zooey too, but the last actress from Smallville was ok, I forget her name though.
    Serinda Swan played her on Smallville.

I'll be wary of any appearance by her in the Constantine. Books of Magic weakened her and made her look like a fool just to give Constantine an awesome moment and JLD from #1-18 made her ineffective and a damsel in distress to boot. Then there were some books that had her angst over not being as good as Constantine. I would hate it if they introduce her just to give John someone to **** and to rescue.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

As far as I can tell, the creative team behind this show wasn't involved in either of those books. So holding those books against the show makes little sense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    As far as I can tell, the creative team behind this show wasn't involved in either of those books. So holding those books against the show makes little sense.
    All John Venus was trying to say here is the fact Zatanna could be used as a ''punching bag'' for Constantine in the series to show how ''awesome'' he is despite his weak ego. And it could happen knowing Constantine reputation as a dangerous sociopath. I think John Venus is voicing valid concerns and people should not ignore them. But I am guessing since Zed is here, she is going to take that role : the role of the love interest and ''punching bag''.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 07-20-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Vanessa Hudgens

Spectacular Member

Alexandra Daddario

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Alexandra Daddario

I didn't think of her...

but yes, she's a good one. I'm only really familiar w/ a particular scene of hers w/ Woody Harrelson in True Detective... >_>
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They are drawing influence from the comics starring the characters and there are enough bad portrayals of female superheroes to keep me wary of any of my favorite characters getting adapted. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    All John Venus was trying to say here is the fact Zatanna could be used as a ''punching bag'' for Constantine in the series to show how ''awesome'' he is despite his weak ego. And it could happen knowing Constantine reputation as a dangerous sociopath. I think John Venus is voicing valid concerns and people should not ignore them. But I am guessing since Zed is here, she is going to take that role : the role of the love interest and ''punching bag''.
    What he said about what you said about what I said.

Astonishing Member

I've gotta say, in addition to my vote for Zooey Deschanel, it wasn't purely out of the looks department. She's got a really good voice, that sort of rings. She's a lovely singer. I feel like those would be important qualities for the "backwards word spells". Plus I'd thought about the whole "super-hero magician who goes to group therapy" angle from Seven Soldiers, and thought that would be charming.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    This may sound offbeat but...

Attachment 6216
    Lana Del Rey
    I love LDR so I'd be down with it. That being said, I don't want a depressed Zee, I want her to be more upbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll be wary of any appearance by her in the Constantine. Books of Magic weakened her and made her look like a fool just to give Constantine an awesome moment and JLD from #1-18 made her ineffective and a damsel in distress to boot. Then there were some books that had her angst over not being as good as Constantine. I would hate it if they introduce her just to give John someone to **** and to rescue.

I echo your sentiment here. Given that the writers of the show replaced an intentionally weaker female lead with a more powerful character, I would hope they would give Zatanna the respect she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I've gotta say, in addition to my vote for Zooey Deschanel, it wasn't purely out of the looks department. She's got a really good voice, that sort of rings. She's a lovely singer. I feel like those would be important qualities for the "backwards word spells". Plus I'd thought about the whole "super-hero magician who goes to group therapy" angle from Seven Soldiers, and thought that would be charming.
    Agreed it's not just about looking sexy. Anybody who plays the character has to convincingly speak backwards like they have been doing that all their lives and be a convincing confident stage performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I echo your sentiment here. Given that the writers of the show replaced an intentionally weaker female lead with a more powerful character, I would hope they would give Zatanna the respect she deserves.
    It depends on how they portray said powerful female character. And shows can sometimes do well with one female character only to drop the ball with another.