Default Doctor Psycho is a regular in the Harley Quinn animated series

ThatHashtagShow has a list of the main characters featured in the Harley Quinn animated series, and guess who's a regular cast member!

Our very own Wonder Woman rogue, Doctor Psycho! He joins Joker, Poison Ivy, Sy Borgman, Malice Vundabar, King Shark, and Clayface (such a motley crew).

[DR. PSYCHO](Mid-40s) An angry misogynist dwarf with telekinesis. He was a major villain until the “incident” ten years ago when in the midst of losing a battle against Wonder Woman he became frustrated and called her the C-word. In front of hundreds of camera phones. Even other villains were disgusted. Disgraced, the only one who’ll have him is Harley. A woman. He can’t stand it, but he’ll do anything to get back into the villain community. (SERIES REGULAR)

[DR. PSYCHO](Mid-40s) An angry misogynist dwarf with telekinesis. He was a major villain until the “incident” ten years ago when in the midst of losing a battle against Wonder Woman [B]he became frustrated and called her the C-word. In front of hundreds of camera phones. Even other villains were disgusted. Disgraced, the only one who’ll have him is Harley. A woman. He can’t stand it, but he’ll do anything to get back into the villain community. (SERIES REGULAR)
    [/B

Wow. That's a bit crass, I guess i'm still used to DC Animation being more of an All-Ages, Batman TAS/Cartoon Network-type affair.

Incredible Member

Eugh. That's ... not my kind of humour. I think I'll be giving this animated series a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Wow. That's a bit crass, I guess i'm still used to DC Animation being more of an All-Ages, Batman TAS/Cartoon Network-type affair.
    Yeah, I'm with you. I don't know what they're thinking with this show, but I guess the DC animated movies are pretty adult now too so they're hoping for similar success? It just seems pretty odd... but I appreciate their use of Doctor Psycho (and Malice) and I'll probably give the show a few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you. I don't know what they're thinking with this show, but I guess the DC animated movies are pretty adult now too so they're hoping for similar success? It just seems pretty odd... but I appreciate their use of Doctor Psycho (and Malice) and I'll probably give the show a few episodes.
    The Harley Quinn animated show has always been marketed as an adult type of show. Basically something you'd find on Adult Swim, so the description isn't surprising.

Young Justice Outsiders is also being marketed as more mature as well...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I wonder why they picked him and I hope they doesn’t mean he will be a Batman villain now. I don’t mind Diana’s villains or any villains being w threat rather this has happened to her a few times. Like Jinx was a Wonder Woman villain

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder why they picked him and I hope they doesn’t mean he will be a Batman villain now. I don’t mind Diana’s villains or any villains being w threat rather this has happened to her a few times. Like Jinx was a Wonder Woman villain
    I’m guessing he was chosen because of his misogyny thing and the conflict that creates, especially considering Harley’s goal.

Jinx started out as a Titans villain in the Fearsome Five (IIRC) - at least the one I’m thinking of.

Yeah, the description is crass.

This will be their animated Deadpool, methinks. (Which I’m fine with.)

Hopefully this will breathe some life into Doctor Psycho and get more writers thinking about him, but this is a comedy and I get the sense they’re setting him up as a bit of the straight man compared to other characters. (I prefer my Doctor Psycho to be incredibly creepy, like the Pérez version, but I’m open to other versions in new tones and contexts.)

Hmm I really hope she is more in line with her evolved character of Harley Quinn (2014) and Harley Quinn & Her Gang of Harleys (2016) and well away from the Quinn of Suicide Squad and Batman, most notably the subtly difference between those personas, the more cute and funny wacky nut rather than the more maliciously funny and ill intended psychotic.

hqgangsharley-header-178766.jpg
    xxx13154.jpg
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-08-2018 at 03:14 AM.

How long has Doctor Psycho had telekinesis? I thought he was a telepath only, but having both would make him a greater threat. Wouldn't mind seeing that in the WW comic.

Looking it up since new 52. According to wiki these are his other abilities

In the New 52 continuity, Doctor Psycho possesses psychic abilities including the regular telepathy, mind control, astral projection, telekinesis, levitation, projecting destructive blasts of psionic energy and creating psionic energy constructs such as armor, although Edgar has stated that he possesses every psionic power imaginable. However, he does not have the energy required to use his abilities to their fullest. He can overcome this weakness by siphoning mental energies from other individuals with psionic powers such as Superboy.

On Dc wiki it seems he kept his use of Ectokinesis.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-08-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Why would other villains be disgusted? Also do you guys think Diana will appear due to Dr.Psycho or do you guys think he might be turned to Harley Quinn due to animated series?