Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I honestly still think there was nothing wrong with CoIE and ZH that needed further rebooting. It was undone because of nostalgia for the Silver Age by Johns and Didio. We certainly didn't need New 52.
    I agree, however it did bring us 52 which in my opinion is one of the best DC books ever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Let's say I was rebooting Captain America, and I proclaimed that he had always been an agent of Hydra.

Now maybe I did that because I really and truly believed it would improve the property. But I would be a moron to think so.
    Welp, a good thing nobody did that then.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I honestly still think there was nothing wrong with CoIE and ZH that needed further rebooting. It was undone because of nostalgia for the Silver Age by Johns and Didio. We certainly didn't need New 52.
    Catering to the Silver age nostalgia has always been a strawman argument. Those elements should never have been made so difficult to bring back in the first place. The lack of foresight that went into COIE is pretty staggering. You can't reboot parts of a continuity without having a domino effect on other parts of it, and still claim it is overall the same. The current management hasn't done a great job, but they inherited a mess.