Default Green Goblin versus Gotham

Scenario: Osborn invades Gotham using some dimensional traveling tech and sets up shop as both Green Goblin and CEO of a brand new DC-verse based Oscorp. Obviously he does evil and comes into conflict with Batman and/or Bat-family and co. No one from outside of the city can help or interfere. Can the heroes of Gotham stop him?

Bruce can actually win this.

Not in a straight fight. Fights between the Goblin and Bats are going to go to the Goblin.

But as multimillionaire Bruce Wayne there is a lot he can do to make it hard on Oscorp and ninja espionage to find out Osborn's dirty secrets shouldn't be hard for him.

Plus, Osborn has this thing were he inevitably self-destructs 'cause he is batshit crazy.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Scenario: Osborn invades Gotham using some dimensional traveling tech and sets up shop as both Green Goblin and CEO of a brand new DC-verse based Oscorp. Obviously he does evil and comes into conflict with Batman and/or Bat-family and co. No one from outside of the city can help or interfere. Can the heroes of Gotham stop him?
    Can Bruce shut down Oscorp and the Batcrew reveal his intentions more effectively than they have done with Luthor? Yes.

Can Norman be goaded into wrecking his more rational plans? Probably.

Now the hard part is catching the man, as a personal confrontation is death for any of the Bats save, _possibly_ (The Goblin lacks outright combat precog and his nerve clusters are probably vulnerable to granite-breaking force), Cassandra.
    Last edited by heretic; 05-03-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As noted, just as a businessman Bruce has ruined Luthor's day on various occasions as far as stuff the guy has tried to do. As far as just doing something like attacking Osborn's wealth from various fronts and ruining his corporation/corporate influence before he realizes what's going on, that would by comparison be far easier. He's also, as compared to how Osborn gets by on Peter, a detective on a scale Norman just doesn't really deal with, as far as exposing his crap.

The problem here is actually fighting the Goblin, yeah.

I mean, it's a scenario, so there's things like trying to hit Gobbo from stealth with something as nasty as he can cobble together, I grant you.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Bat Jet vs. Goblin Glider?

Or just some very hard to see trip lines twenty stories up, and/or Barbara and Tim hacking the Glider and the remote detonators on the Goblin's pumpkin bombs might help in a scenario fight against a known metahuman.

With prep time, hasn't Batman used power armor before?

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    With prep time, hasn't Batman used power armor before?
    Nothing remotely on the level of having him fight GG.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Pretty much any version of Batman could take down GG with enough preptime...except the Nu52 version. I don't think he has the feats for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Pretty much any version of Batman could take down GG with enough preptime...except the Nu52 version. I don't think he has the feats for it.
    I think he might still be able to win. Not 100% certain on the specs of Osborn gliders, but assuming osborn gets no prep...

For prep, Batman has the augmention suit, batwings suit, devised that clayface containment thing....i think some other force-field, emp of some kind coupled with hacking abilities, and remote controlled batplane with sonic weapons.

He could probably hack the glider to ground GG. After that he could use the plane (as the car is sort of useless) to hit GG with sonics. A few incendiaries and smart use of eieth the batwing or augmentation and maybe GG goes down. If the glider is still in play, I figure the Bat plane would need some good feats. Not sure it has any though.

In theory, Batman should be able to build his stuff together or combine stuff to insure victory...but he hasn't done so yet.

So maybe...