Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Down with system!
    Yeah one flaw power vacuum an nature abhors vacuums.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    So if Marvel and DC disappeared, then the future of comics dies with them, since there is no worthy successor to the Big Two companies
    Oh, the Direct Market is going bye bye, but they're not really that important anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    So if Marvel and DC disappeared, then the future of comics dies with them, since there is no worthy successor to the Big Two companies
    For a major publisher? No, though IDW seems to be gaining steam. Image is(where I live) hard to find, though they do have some excellent stories. I think in time you would see someone take their place, but it would be a while. Companies like that don't just pop up over night.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    For a major publisher? No, though IDW seems to be gaining steam. Image is(where I live) hard to find, though they do have some excellent stories. I think in time you would see someone take their place, but it would be a while. Companies like that don't just pop up over night.
    Yet some of these smaller companies have fallen prey to social justice the poison that is helping speed up the death of the comic book industry.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-08-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yet some of these smaller companies have fallen prey to social justice the poison that is helping speed up the death of the comic book industry.
    You mean the thing that spawned the comic industry initially. I mean golden Age Superman was the first comic to explode on the scene and in those stories all he did was fight for social justice. Those that think social justice is destroying the comic industry haven't looed at the history of comics or if they have, they haven't learned the lessons it holds.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    You mean the thing that spawned the comic industry initially. I mean golden Age Superman was the first comic to explode on the scene and in those stories all he did was fight for social justice. Those that think social justice is destroying the comic industry haven't looked at the history of comics or if they have, they haven't learned the lessons it holds.

-M
    I forgot that Superman fought for a liberal social agenda back then. Though some of the things he did were out right ludicrous such as using his powers in a football game against as the opposing team that wanted to cheat. And either no one had the brains to realise this or the stories were less about annoying things like identity politics, black lives are the only thing that matters, et cetera, et cetera and more about helping people.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-09-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Originally Posted by Trey Strain
    I think DC Entertainment is just one box-office disaster away from that happening..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Star Wars was making big money when Disney bought it. If it had been losing money, then Disney wouldn't have bothered with it.
    Sales happen when a buyer thinks it can make more money from a property than the current owner does. When Disney looks at DC Entertainment, that's probably what it sees.
    You are contradicting yourself. First you claim that DC entertainment is one box office bomb away from Warner Bros. selling it off. Then when I point out to you that the movies are only
    one part of the enormous revenue stream that DC Entertainment is, you turn around and say Warner Bros. would sell of DC Entertainment because of how valuable it is, and that no
    one would want DC Entertainment if it were losing money.

Well whether he actually won or loss only time will tell. But if DC continues to perform abysmally it might get sold or Warner Bros. might pull the plug on it the same with Marvel
    Except that DC Entertainment makes a ton of money for Warner Bros. if you include the TV shows and the merchandising. They wouldn't be coming out with new show like Krypton and Metropolis if they were losing
    money on the TV shows. And so far most the movies have been profitable too. They wouldn't be filming Shazam or planning on Wonder Woman 2 and Suicide Squad 2 if they felt there was no more money in movies.

Yeah one flaw power vacuum an nature abhors vacuums.
    Never mind the fact that 99.999999% of the universe is a hard vacuum, especially the regions between galaxies. Sort of like what goes up must come down. Except for Voyagers 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Except that DC Entertainment makes a ton of money for Warner Bros. if you include the TV shows and the merchandising. They wouldn't be coming out with new show like Krypton and Metropolis if they were losing
    money on the TV shows. And so far most the movies have been profitable too. They wouldn't be filming Shazam or planning on Wonder Woman 2 and Suicide Squad 2 if they felt there was no more money in movies.
    Yeah but if the publishing division continues to perform abysmally then it will get cut off then no more adaptations. The meat comes from comic sales and some of the gravy from adaptions.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-09-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Never mind the fact that 99.999999% of the universe is a hard vacuum, especially the regions between galaxies. Sort of like what goes up must come down. Except for Voyagers 1 and 2.
    Right but even the vacuums are held together by the Lord Most High so something should be there to hold the comic book industry together.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-09-2018 at 01:13 AM.

That would only work if there was adequate competition for the comic industry throne.
    No throne needed. If Marvel and DC gradually die and other publishers increase their sales then it's all good.

Social justice is not poison and it's not damaging the industry.

And either no one had the brains to realise this or the stories were less about annoying things like identity politics, black lives are the only thing that matters, et cetera, et cetera and more about helping people.
    I've never heard anyone even imply that "black lives are the only thing that matters".

Right but even the vacuums are held together by the Lord Most High
    What???

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    No throne needed. If Marvel and DC gradually die and other publishers increase their sales then it's all good.
    Somehow I am actually filled with anticipation for that fall if only to make see that they are just destroying themselves.

Social justice is not poison and it's not damaging the industry.
    You should see the videos online about the output from Marvel America Chavez actually advocate Latino segregation as something progressive who wants to read that.

I've never heard anyone even imply that "black lives are the only thing that matters".
    I am referring to the movement in a sarcastic fashion.

What???
    I referring to the fact that it's God who keeps everything in order

Yeah but if the publishing division continues to perform abysmally then it will get cut off then no more adaptations. The meat comes from comic sales and some of the gravy from adaptions.
    Are you saying the majority of the money DC Entertainment earns is from comic books sales and that movies, TV, and merchandising are only a small added bonus? That if comic books sales were
    to disappear it would bankrupt DC Entertainment, they could no longer afford to make movies, TV shows, and merchandise?

What???
    Saying "all lives matter" is sort of the equivalent of saying "let them eat cake".

Are you saying the majority of the money DC Entertainment earns is from comic books sales and that movies, TV, and merchandising are only a small added bonus? That if comic books sales were
    to disappear it would bankrupt DC Entertainment, they could no longer afford to make movies, TV shows, and merchandise?
    Pretty much yeah and DC and Marvel will burn just like the Ring Colony in Ring of Gundam. Because with no good source material that means there's nothing to adapt.