Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Mutant Nation: What would you like to see?

With Jean Grey looking to form a new mutant nation, I’ve been wondering what everybody wants from this concept.

BANNED

Humans, you know, for inclusion since X-Men are supposed to stand for that

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

A fresh Idea... maybe? Or rather a fresh take on how to sustain such a thing, and have it make sense.

A mutant isolation land.... Morlock Tunnels, Genosha, Utopia, hell... Asteroid M with the acolytes.... Ultimate Tian and when I think of it... Attilan approached this by having it be a floating MOBILE city.

So thats what I want to see... I myself have given it a lot of thought, Mutant Isolation land isn't inherently a bad idea but a really important thing to address is:

"If we make a mutant nation. What do we do different to keep it from going the way of the every mutant refuge previously"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Something far less exclusive. The utopia era, while being written well for the most part, shamed the status quo of the x-men into a para military organization, one that it can’t seem to break loose from.

New mutants are being born, and inclusion is needed. Bring back the familial feel of these characters rather than some excluding mutant rock that will blast you out of its waters if you don’t have an x-gene. Baseball, dinners, interpersonal relationships that aren’t random romantic pairings for the sake of it but are true friendships, racism allegory, a wider influence in the MU, and Guggenheim tossed far away.

X-Ambassadors. Re-opening X-Corp as international embassies. An economic plan that positions primacy on mutant creativity rather than mutant weaponry.

I don’t want it at all. Mutant nationalism and self-segregation is an old Magneto (Malcolm X) thing. The X-Men should always strive for the Professor X (MLK) ideal.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Humans, you know, for inclusion since X-Men are supposed to stand for that
    This woul be nice. I think we need more concepts like this to come back. Outreach programs, the Schism era street teams.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don’t want it at all. Mutant nationalism and self-segregation is an old Magneto (Malcolm X) thing. The X-Men should always strive for the Professor X (MLK) ideal.
    That’s honestly kinda true. What I’d rather have is a mix of the Ultimate version of Utopia and Cable’s island Providence.

I honestly don't want a mutant nation. I think the idea is counterintuitive to what the X-Men originally stood for.

But I am happy to see Jean get some major spotlight.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Cable. He’s got the resume to be involved in this. Providence, Rumekistan...

Jean's grand vision of a mutant nation as a stateless actor of friendship existing everywhere and nowhere needs counterpoints with say the minority fully comporting to the will of the collective majority which would be Kitty's vision. Then something more akin to Magneto's original vision going all the way back to the 60s of a territory based mutant nation armed to the teeth as a counterpoint to the two.

taylor seems eager to show jean building an amalgam of cyclops "nation x" and wolverine's "lock them away" approaches.

i'd like to see her succeed where both of them failed. it's also clear that the "schism" was less about who was right (cyclop or wolverine) and more about how both were wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    A fresh Idea... maybe? Or rather a fresh take on how to sustain such a thing, and have it make sense.

A mutant isolation land.... Morlock Tunnels, Genosha, Utopia, hell... Asteroid M with the acolytes.... Ultimate Tian and when I think of it... Attilan approached this by having it be a floating MOBILE city.

So thats what I want to see... I myself have given it a lot of thought, Mutant Isolation land isn't inherently a bad idea but a really important thing to address is:

"If we make a mutant nation. What do we do different to keep it from going the way of the every mutant refuge previously"
    To stop from ending like Genosha, they get hydrogen bombs so if anyone thinks of attacking there's the threat of mutually assured destruction. Works for North Corea and Israel

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    While the Malcolm X/MLKJr analogy is often bandied about often, it really doesn't work correctly for mutants. While there certainly have been mutant slaves(Weapon X, Hounds, etc) and even mutant slaves states(Genosha), the world's economy wasn't build on mutant oppression. Mutants have actually only rarely been legislated against. Malcolm X was about organizing an oppressed people to stop oppressing themselves and raise themselves up through self-determination. His militancy was never about retribution so much as defense from active lynchings. And before the end he was opened up to a universal brotherhood, defying his earlier racial and religious affiliations. MLK Jr also spoke out for reparations and economic equality for African Americans, not just on matters of assimilation(which he actually lamented, wondering if he had integrated his people into a burning house...). The Magneto/Prof X appropriation of their names/causes without actually mirroring their methods/ideologies is sloppy at the least, if not actually offensive.

I don't think a mutant homeland is exactly the correct approach either, though. Mutants are born to all nations of the world, and mutant powers could be the greatest resource for the entire world's population. It would be better if mutants worked to bring about a transnational global community as opposed to walling themselves off for another Genosha/Utopia, only to draw another Sentinel catastrophe/plague/military strike/superhero invasion. Nationalism is an antiquated concept as it is. Mutants should show humanity there is a better way.

All Jean has to do is link everyone's minds together, translinguistically. The Elohim fractured human tongue to divide them and keep them down. If mankind is to evolve, it must first come back together as one. That alone would change the course of history, but Marvel has always kept the status quo much closer to reality, so I doubt they would go that way.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I’d like to see Jean sit down and not recycle her husband’s stupid ideas.