Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The fastest way for Jean to achieve her utopia is to telepathically make Wanda warp reality into her image.

House of Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    All Jean has to do is link everyone's minds together, translinguistically. The Elohim fractured human tongue to divide them and keep them down. If mankind is to evolve, it must first come back together as one. That alone would change the course of history, but Marvel has always kept the status quo much closer to reality, so I doubt they would go that way.
    how fascinating but does that not presuppose that everyone is inclined towards peace and harmony. or at least so inclined that they could be reasoned with to change?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how fascinating but does that not presuppose that everyone is inclined towards peace and harmony. or at least so inclined that they could be reasoned with to change?
    I do honestly think, that ultimately, people are driven by positive desires(that are often just twisted by greed/fear/etc), and if the masses/elites could see themselves in the other, we could actually stop so much of this insanity. Add on top of that mutant powers that wield limitless energy and the ability to manipulate matter with pure mind, and yes, you had better believe humanity could be awesome united as one.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

indeed, i wish i shared your faith sometimes ..

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    With Jean Grey looking to form a new mutant nation, I’ve been wondering what everybody wants from this concept.
    I thought that the Excalibur re-boot with Xavier and Magneto in Genosha was laying the groundwork for this concept.
    It always seems this idea is merely a short term plot device (Utopia for example) or moving to Limbo. Let's wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    indeed, i wish i shared your faith sometimes ..
    It's barely there, trust!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutant paradises only became a target because that was exactly this the safe place for mutants to live.

Any villain would think twice before attacking a place that humans and mutants share. The reason is simple in killing ordinary humans with mutants they would lose support for their cause. The goal is precisely to isolate the mutants and leave them without humanity's support and this will not happen if humans see the villains as monsters rather than saviors as some wish to appear.

It would have to be a place where humans and mutants would coexist together with rules of their own to protect both sides.

Of course, that would not solve all the problems, but at least it would prevent an attack from a Colossal Sentinel or something like this. Terrorism would still be the main problem the villains would try to undermine the relationship of the two groups making one side seem guilty and increase mistrust. It is for example one of the methods used by ISIS to undermine cross-cultural relationships.

Of course another problem is that war generates profits there are many people who want the wars to continue to be able to make money with it the same goes for the marvel universe. Even the Hellfire Club has provided Sentinels for the American government in the past. In these hours an X-force is the only exit since these people have the resources and contacts for not to be arrested.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-08-2018 at 10:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Mutant paradises only became a target because that was exactly this the safe place for mutants to live.

Any villain would think twice before attacking a place that humans and mutants share. The reason is simple in killing ordinary humans with mutants they would lose support for their cause. The goal is precisely to isolate the mutants and leave them without humanity's support and this will not happen if humans see the villains as monsters rather than saviors as some wish to appear.

It would have to be a place where humans and mutants would coexist together with rules of their own to protect both sides.

Of course, that would not solve all the problems, but at least it would prevent an attack from a Colossal Sentinel or something like this. Terrorism would still be the main problem the villains would try to undermine the relationship of the two groups making one side seem guilty and increase mistrust. It is for example one of the methods used by ISIS to undermine cross-cultural relationships.

Of course another problem is that war generates profits there are many people who want the wars to continue to be able to make money with it the same goes for the marvel universe. Even the Hellfire Club has provided Sentinels for the American government in the past. In these hours an X-force is the only exit since these people have the resources and contacts for not to be arrested.
    So humans = meat shields
    Also don't be surprised if someone call those humans race traitors and kills them with the mutants.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I think the key to Mutant acceptance is education. So more than a Mutant Nation, I would like to see a school open up that accepted Mutant & Human pupils a-like. Jean investing time into teaching the next generation of humans and mutants not to repeat the sins of those before them would be an interesting direction and would suitably build on Xavier's dream.
    L'Enfer !

BANNED

Emma already did the mutant nation thing pretty well. Jean can have her sloppy seconds I guess.

Well for a start, it would help if the comics were more realistic.

1. Open up embassies in key countries and staff them with a security force that can protect themselves and intervene to the extent necessary.

2. Establish an army consisting of the most powerful mutants that are capable of replicating a nuclear nation. This means mutants would essentially reach nuclear status without all of the billions and billions and billions of dollars most nuclear powers have to spend. The key would be to also to demonstrate this essentially nuclear capability similar to how NK runs tests in the ocean and to do so without revealing which mutants actually make up this force. That would establish essentially mutants' nuclear capabilities while making it clear how difficult it would be to dismantle their program since there are not fixed installations to target and no clear identification are of who the mutants are with these powers thereby making it difficult to assassinate them.

3. Make it clear to all nations that mutants are willing and able to assist them in reaching their strategic and development goals and form partnerships with friendly nations including mutual defense agreements with for example the likes of Wakanda and Atlantis. This would ensure that any aggressive nation understands that an attack or mutants is an attack on their allies as well.

4. Establish a mutant nation somewhere. One that welcomes collaboration with humans but one that is ready to defend mutant interests around the globe.

Now if all of the above happened then in the real world, mutants could essentially become a nation of their own because the threat of MAD and their allies backing them would give most nations pause. Just as no nuclear nation has ever been attacked successfully by another nation. The risk of MAD is just too great. This would of course not eliminate all the violence because just like with terrorists, one would expect there to be individuals and organizations that would engage in terrorist activity against mutants but the 4 steps above would ensure that if they did, they would be deemed terrorists and the Mutant nation and their allies would work collectively to address them.

Of course, in the comic book world, uncreative writers would eventually invoke Plot Induced Stupidity to screw this all up because they have run out of story ideas due to the comics being around so long. So inevitably they come up with extreme and silly things to keep the conflict going.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So humans = meat shields
    Also don't be surprised if someone call those humans race traitors and kills them with the mutants.
    This is a logical way of thinking but if you really want to build that bridge between humans and mutants or for example Jews and Arabs you need to take that risk otherwise nothing will change.

And yes some will attack the humans calling them traitors but this would automatically put him and his cause as enemies of humans and mutants. Instead of dividing, approached them by becoming an enemy on both sides.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-08-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    This is a logical way of thinking but if you really want to build that bridge between humans and mutants or for example Jews and Arabs you need to take that risk otherwise nothing will change.

And yes some will attack the humans calling them traitors but this would automatically put him and his cause as enemies of humans and mutants. Instead of dividing, approached them by becoming an enemy on both sides.
    Victory over the humans in the Genoshan civil wars didn’t lead to their expulsion or genocide. There was still hundreds of thousands of humans on Genosha when it was destroyed. Mind you freedom of expression, job choice, and a lot of other things went bye bye.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-08-2018 at 11:41 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I want them to embrace the idea instead of just letting it hang there in the aether. When Blue, Gold, and Red ultimately all come to their conclusions I want this Mutant Nation idea (Nation X?) to actually survive and be embraced for the next relaunch. I want to see them have fun with it for as long as it lasts, for as long as it's indefinite. I want to see the X-Men guarding this and sticking up for this. I want to see a council of leaders, with Jean as the idea's progenitor at the head of it, making mutant issues their issues. Jean, Cable, Ororo, Kitty, Erik, X, etc. I want all the silly in-fighting between character fandoms to be put to rest. I want to see these leaders in Uncanny X-Men and then the offshoot teams tied directly to them and the ideals.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I dont want a nation. The X-Men stand of Co existance with humanity. they should always do intergretion. Ever since morrison the xmen sound more like magneto vieing for Utopia etc. I hope jeans version is just requnising mutants as a race and park of the world. Even though i dknt pwrwonally luke callibg then a race. To me they are just people of many races with powers
    X-Men Forever