View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Is Or Will Be a Skrull?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain America

2 7.14%
  • Iron Man

4 14.29%
  • Thor

1 3.57%
  • Hulk

2 7.14%
  • Scarlet Witch

2 7.14%
  • Nick Furry

8 28.57%
  • Hawkeye

7 25.00%
  • Black Widow

3 10.71%
  • Maria Hill

10 35.71%
  • War Machine

6 21.43%
  • Ant-Man

2 7.14%
  • Falcon

2 7.14%
  • Agent Coluson

6 21.43%
  • Elektra

2 7.14%
  • Other

7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm guessing Rhodey. I spotted some slight differences in him from Iron Man 1, into the rest of the movies. Very suspicious, if you ask me.
    I never realized before, but now that you mention it... yeah, there is something different about him since Iron Man 2. Something's off.

Alright so here are my guess/predictions:

The Hulk- The Skrull Invasion is going to need some big guns to be replaced to help push there agenda and in the current MCU the guns do not get any bigger than the Hulk. With Banners brains and the Hulk brawn this character is the perfect candidate to be replaced by a Skrull. With his recent trip to Space after Avengers 2, that played out in Thor 3 who knows what he's been up but it makes him the ideal Avenger to be replaced. These reasons and others makes him my first pick for replacement in my mind.

Black Widow- Ever since Avengers 2 Black Widow has taken on more of a political role in the MCU. She may be SHIELDS top agent but it is still very out of character for a super spy, you would think would want to try to avoid the spotlight. Then if you notice in Civil War aka Cap 3 she played both sides of the fence and there seemed to be slightly notable signs of her pushing her own agenda while juggling the Cap and Iron Mans ego's. Could be reading into it but I think Black Widow makes a excellent candidate for Skrull replacement. With her also playing mind games/soothing tactics on MCU Jolly Green Giant in Avengers 2 it makes me suspicious that the Skrulls may have replaced her to either control, remove, or replace the Hulk if need be. Black Widow was originally my first choice until Hulk got shipped to space all by himself.

Maria Hill- I picked Maria mostly because I don't like her. Hey, at least I'm honest. But I also feel that the Skrulls would need someone who is a head of SHIELD and has the connections Hill has. The choice is between her and Fury for major SHIELD agents and to me it wouldn't make sense for it to be Fury at this stage of the game.

Hill was against the Avengers forming when she first appeared in the MCU and she also took steps agains Coluson's Agents after Hydra was exposed as being apart of SHEILD. It wasn't until she realized that she to would be subject punishment that she switch sides again. (Loose telling of what happened but it's there)

Hank Pym- The Skrulls need another major scientist in their corner and I think Pym is it. He was Skurll when the book actually dropped so there is a reason. Not only that, out of all the other players on the field he seems like good candidate at this point with his money and technology being where it is. I don't believe he has been taken over just yet though. Unless, Skrull Pym was really the reason why Janet is not in the MCU because she uncovered the truth....

War Machine
    - The MCU versions of the Skrulls need an Iron Man. However, I doubt any Skrull could replicate the combination of Tony's personality and sheer technological brilliance without getting detected. Rhodey is the next best thing if not better in some scenario's.

Rhodey has access to most if not all of Tony's tech and companies due to being his best friend. He is high ranking official in the government giving the Skrulls the security clearance to execute some of there plans. He also fought way to hard for the registration thing. Plus that fall he took in Civil War..... I just have serious doubts that he would be up on his feet so soon after something like that if he was human.

Captain America- I'm not sure if Cap has been replaced yet. Might happen in the time frame of the BP movie not really sure. But I am sure he will more then likely be taken. MCU's leading hero, their shining light, and defacto leader of the Avengers. Yeah, it's going to happen if Chris Evans sticks around. In fact I predict the MCU will do a Skrull/Hydra Cap thing with him when it does happen to get two stories for the price of one.

The last one is my weakest pick. Chosen only for the reason that someone on that show has to be replaced.

Jemma or Mack- Lets be honest Agents of SHEILD has played "Ha, we gotcha" without really fooling the audience since day one. So far the list of replacements or turned evil is already long. Deathlock, Coluson, Deathlock again, May, Patriot, Ward, Fits, and probably others I am forgetting. But so far Mack and Jemma have been the most pure out of the bunch when it comes to that sort of thing. Mack did have 5 seconds of mind control once but that's it. If anyone on the SHEILD cast gets replaced my bets would be on either of those two if not both.

I also now think General Ross might be a pick due to Xpac input. Need to think it over some more but yeah I can see it.

There you have it, my bet's are placed. Looking forward to hearing everyone else input

EDIT: Can a mode fix the title of the thread? I spell Skrull WRONG. *FacePalm*
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-09-2018 at 06:07 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Alright so here are my guess/predictions:

The Hulk- The Skrull Invasion is going to need some big guns to be replaced to help push there agenda and in the current MCU the guns do not get any bigger than the Hulk. With Banners brains and the Hulk brawn this character is the perfect candidate to be replaced by a Skrull. With his recent trip to Space after Avengers 2, that played out in Thor 3 who knows what he's been up but it makes him the ideal candidate to be replaced. These reasons and others makes him my first pick for replacement in my mind.

Black Widow- Ever since Avengers 2 Black Widow has taken on more of a political role in the MCU. She may be SHIELDS top agent but it is still very out of character for for a super spy who you would think would want to try to avoid the spotlight. Then if you notice in Civil War aka Cap 3 she played both sides of the fence and there seemed to be slightly notable signs of her pushing her own agenda while juggling the Cap and Iron Mans ego's. Could be reading into it but I think Black Widow makes a excellent candidate for Skrull replacement. With her also playing mind games/soothing tactics on MCU Jolly Green Giant in Avengers 2 it makes me suspicious that the Skrulls may have replaced her to either control, remove, or replace the Hulk if need be. Black Widow was originally my first choice until Hulk got shipped to space all by himself.

Maria Hill- I picked Maria mostly because I don't like her. Hey, at least I'm honest. But I also feel that the Skrulls would need some who is a head of SHIELD and has the connections Hill has. The choice is between her and Fury for major SHIELD agents and to me it wouldn't make sense for it to be Fury at this stage of the game.

Hill was against the Avengers forming when she first appeared in the MCU and she also took steps agains Coluson's Agents after Hydra was exposed as being apart of SHEILD. It wasn't until she realized that she to would be subject punishment that she switch sides again. (Loose telling of what happened but it's there)

Hank Pym- The Skrulls need another major scientist in their corner and I think Pym is it. He was Skurll when the book actually dropped so there is a reason. Not only that, out of all the other players on the field he seems like good candidate at this point with is money and technology being where it is. I don't believe he has been taken over just yet though. Unless, Skrull Pym was really the reason why Janet is not in the MCU because she uncovered the truth....

War Machine
    - The MCU versions of the Skrulls need an Iron Man. However, I doubt any Skrull could replicate the combination of Tony's personality and sheer technological brilliance without getting detected. Rhodey is the next best thing if not better in some scenario's.

Rhodey has access to most if not all of Tony's tech and companies due to being his best friend. He is high ranking official in the government giving the Skrulls the security clearance to execute some of there plans. He also fought way to hard for the registration thing. Plus that fall he took in Civil War..... I just have serious doubt that he would be up on his feet so soon after something like that if he was human.

Captain America- I'm not sure if Cap has been replaced yet. Might happen in the time frame of the BP movie not really sure. But I am sure he will more then likely be taken. MCU's leading hero, their shining line, and defacto leader of the Avengers. Yeah, it's going to happen if Chris Evans sticks around. In fact I predict the MCU will do a Skrull/Hydra Cap think with him when it does happen to get two stories for the price of one.

The last one is my weakest pick. Chosen only for the reason that someone on that show has to be replaced.

Jemma or Mack- Lets be honest Agents of SHEILD has play "Ha, we gotcha" without really fooling the audience since day one. So far the list of replacements or turned evil is already long. Deathlock, Coluson, Deathlock again, May, Patriot, Ward, Fits, and probably other I am forgetting. But so far Mack and Jemma have been the most pure out of the bunch when it comes to that sort of thing. Mack did have 5 seconds of mind control once but that's it. If anyone on the SHEILD cast gets replaced my bets would be on either of those two if not both.

I also now think General Ross might be a pick due to Xpac input. Need to think it over some more but yeah I can see it.

There you have my bet's are placed. Looking forward to hearing everyone else input

EDIT: Can a mode fix the title of the thread? I spell Skrull WRONG. *FacePalm*
    I actually meant Everett Ross (from Civil War and the Black Panther movie), rather than Thunderbolt Ross. Though Thunderbolt Ross is a pretty logical candidate too. Heroes apparently need to be weary of the Ross clan.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I actually meant Everett Ross (from Civil War and the Black Panther movie), rather than Thunderbolt Ross. Though Thunderbolt Ross is a pretty logical candidate too. Heroes apparently need to be weary of the Ross clan.
    I am drawing a blank on who that actually is right now. Why Everett Ross? If it has something to do with the Black Panther movie please put spoiler tags on the response. I have not seen it yet.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I am drawing a blank on who that actually is right now. Why Everett Ross? If it has something to do with the Black Panther movie please put spoiler tags on the response. I have not seen it yet.
    He's played by Martin Freeman. He was in the Civil War movie. And he'll be in the Black Panther movie too, as he was a supporting character for his comic back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'm guessing Rhodey. I spotted some slight differences in him from Iron Man 1, into the rest of the movies. Very suspicious, if you ask me.
    You know....he did seem a little off didn't he?

Now that I think about it, Hulk and Fandral also seemed a little different after their first appearances too.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was a Skrull. Ultron, the Sokovia Accords.....he's been a bigger threat to the hero community than anyone. The only problem with that is the Witch reading his mind in AoU.....can a Skrull throw off telepaths in the MCU?

Steve might be possible, and there's a precedent in the comics for it. He didn't exactly try very hard to keep the Avengers together in Civil War after all, and he seems to have kept close to Wakanda and all their advanced tech.

Widow....maybe? But I sorta doubt it. She hasn't really had enough of a character arc to make a Skrull reveal really resonate.

Other than those three....who would make an impact? Fury possibly, but he's been a non-consideration since Winter Soldier. Hawkeye? No one cares to begin with. Thor? It'd be a big hit to morale to find out one of your heavy hitters was a spy.....but could a Skrull pull that sort of switch off without Loki or Heimdall or Odin realizing it? I know the Asgardians are *just* higher-dimensional beings in the MCU and not gods, but the differences there are pretty damn academic.

Hulk seems entirely possible, but.....I dunno, kinda obvious?

I'd guess a supporting character will be a Skrull. Could be Pepper....she's "manipulated" Tony into making her CEO of Stark Industries, she's encouraged Tony to give up the armor and/or insinuated that its the armor or her, and the betrayal would hit him and the audience hard.

What about one of T'Challa's Dora Milaje? Access to sensitive data and secure locations in one of the world's most advanced nations, not to mention the vibranium......and I'm sure Skrull tech could bypass whatever security features Wakanda uses to protect its borders.

If the MCU does do the Skrull spies thing, the tv side will definitely take a slice of that pie. Skrulls dont fit with the Defenders' grounded approach so they're probably all safe. Haven't watched Runaways so I have no idea.

We've already had fake Melinda Mays so that's probably out. Fitz-Simmons.....there's been plenty of opportunities for one of them to be switched out and it'd fit with the "cursed lovers" thing they keep pushing. But if I had to hazard a wild and unlikely guess, I'd say its actually Coulson. He didn't survive Tahiti, and a Skrull took his place then. The Coulson we've had in AoS has been a Skrull the whole time! That's why he's never told the Avengers he was alive, he didn't want them to catch onto his evil alien schemes!

EDIT: I really need a short film that turns the GUESS! THAT! SKRULL! title into a game show.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I never realized before, but now that you mention it... yeah, there is something different about him since Iron Man 2. Something's off.
    I noticed the same thing about Nick Fury. he's not even wearing his patch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You know....he did seem a little off didn't he?

Now that I think about it, Hulk and Fandral also seemed a little different after their first appearances too.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was a Skrull. Ultron, the Sokovia Accords.....he's been a bigger threat to the hero community than anyone. The only problem with that is the Witch reading his mind in AoU.....can a Skrull throw off telepaths in the MCU?

Steve might be possible, and there's a precedent in the comics for it. He didn't exactly try very hard to keep the Avengers together in Civil War after all, and he seems to have kept close to Wakanda and all their advanced tech.

Widow....maybe? But I sorta doubt it. She hasn't really had enough of a character arc to make a Skrull reveal really resonate.

Other than those three....who would make an impact? Fury possibly, but he's been a non-consideration since Winter Soldier. Hawkeye? No one cares to begin with. Thor? It'd be a big hit to morale to find out one of your heavy hitters was a spy.....but could a Skrull pull that sort of switch off without Loki or Heimdall or Odin realizing it? I know the Asgardians are *just* higher-dimensional beings in the MCU and not gods, but the differences there are pretty damn academic.

Hulk seems entirely possible, but.....I dunno, kinda obvious?

I'd guess a supporting character will be a Skrull. Could be Pepper....she's "manipulated" Tony into making her CEO of Stark Industries, she's encouraged Tony to give up the armor and/or insinuated that its the armor or her, and the betrayal would hit him and the audience hard.

What about one of T'Challa's Dora Milaje? Access to sensitive data and secure locations in one of the world's most advanced nations, not to mention the vibranium......and I'm sure Skrull tech could bypass whatever security features Wakanda uses to protect its borders.

If the MCU does do the Skrull spies thing, the tv side will definitely take a slice of that pie. Skrulls dont fit with the Defenders' grounded approach so they're probably all safe. Haven't watched Runaways so I have no idea.

We've already had fake Melinda Mays so that's probably out. Fitz-Simmons.....there's been plenty of opportunities for one of them to be switched out and it'd fit with the "cursed lovers" thing they keep pushing. But if I had to hazard a wild and unlikely guess, I'd say its actually Coulson. He didn't survive Tahiti, and a Skrull took his place then. The Coulson we've had in AoS has been a Skrull the whole time! That's why he's never told the Avengers he was alive, he didn't want them to catch onto his evil alien schemes!

EDIT: I really need a short film that turns the GUESS! THAT! SKRULL! title into a game show.
    To the bold, I would love that idea! Willing to help if you are serious and come up with something.

I also like your summary on the who's and who not's. Particularly your prediction on Coulson that could very much work. He would be the Mar-vell story in the Skrull invasion where he thinks he is the real deal only to find out that he isn't. I don't think he is yet but man would that be fun.

They're not gonna make one of the major characters(Cap, Tony, Thor, Widow, anyone with a solo movie) a skrull and throw away all the character development throughout the movies lol.

To the bold, I would love that idea! Willing to help if you are serious and come up with something.
    Not a film student. I mean, I could probably do a script or something if I had any free time to my name at all. But I don't know the first thing about putting together a video, and any script I somehow found time to write would suffer from my lack of knowledge in the medium.

I have a friend who does film, and he's relatively successful, but he lives in Turkey so I dont think that's a viable option.

Tell you what though, you better find someone before Marvel pulls the trigger on the Skrulls. Because once they hit popular culture, SNL will be all over this idea.

I also like your summary on the who's and who not's. Particularly your prediction on Coulson that could very much work. He would be the Mar-vell story in the Skrull invasion where he thinks he is the real deal only to find out that he isn't. I don't think he is yet but man would that be fun.
    No, I doubt Coulson is a Skrull. But it'd be f**king awesome if he was!
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-09-2018 at 04:25 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're not gonna make one of the major characters(Cap, Tony, Thor, Widow, anyone with a solo movie) a skrull and throw away all the character development throughout the movies lol.
    I agree it's unlikely. However, with contracts coming to an end, it'd be a good way to set up the "next generation" of big name heroes to carry the MCU forward. Then it becomes less about how all of Tony's relationships (just for an example) weren't real and more about how Rhodey deals with that betrayal and steps up to fill those shoes (again, just an example).

Again, still unlikely.....but you never know.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They could do it with Widow, since her movie isn't out yet.

We almost have to assume a reasonably high profile female character is a skull since the face of the Skulls was their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They could do it with Widow, since her movie isn't out yet.

We almost have to assume a reasonably high profile female character is a skull since the face of the Skulls was their queen.
    This. Not only that but whose to say Black Widow's movie, if she does receive one, won't be about her being replaced or lead into a similar plot line?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think Fury being a Skrull would have the biggest impact. So that's who I'll vote for.
    Same. I think it would be cool if Fury turned out to be the MCU counterpart of Effigy of the Lost Generation. A skrull who comes to love Earthlings and decides to use his powers and influence to try and help get them into a position where they would be able to withstand the eventual skrull invasion. It would fit with his established motivation to form the Avengers in the first place.

ETA: Also, lol at the typo in the poll. I wonder if there are fetish cosplayers out there who like to dress up as "Nick Furry"
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 02-10-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Same. I think it would be cool if Fury turned out to be the MCU counterpart of Effigy of the Lost Generation. A skrull who comes to love Earthlings and decides to use his powers and influence to try and help get them into a position where they would be able to withstand the eventual skrull invasion. It would fit with his established motivation to form the Avengers in the first place.

ETA: Also, lol at the typo in the poll. I wonder if there are fetish cosplayers out there who like to dress up as "Nick Furry"
    I recall Crusader from Avengers Initiative had a similar thing going. Having one skull become sympathetic towards earth I think would be cool.