Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    When the architects behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe finally get round to introducing that African dude that got introduced in Fantastic Four #52 back in 1966 then I'll start taking their movie releases a lot more seriously.
    Black Panther should be introduced and have a large role in CA3. Then spun off into his own franchise. Maybe have him be an Avenger to give his movie more of a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    When the architects behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe finally get round to introducing that African dude that got introduced in Fantastic Four #52 back in 1966 then I'll start taking their movie releases a lot more seriously.
    Until then they will just count their money.

I would not mind an BP movie but I cannot see me taking it any more serious that any of the others we have had or are in the pipe. It would be a shame if the genre implodes (which will happen of course) before some of the others get a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Well they green lit four shows at once so it is not like the cage series is dependent on how the DD one does.

30 million is approximately how many US subscribers netfix has. If you assume each account has only 2 viewers (it has been my experience most have more) that is 60 million viewers. A movie that sold 60 million tickets (600 mil if the average is $10. would be a monster hit.) Hell 300 million is a solid hit.

Netfilx is growing movie theaters are shrinking.

IM 2 and 3 had Rhodey and Fury The first one did too but Fury was just a cameo.
    Netflix has 33 million accounts. It makes no difference how many people are in a household; it's 33 million accounts; that's how many people give them money. And of those 33 million, how many will watch the Netflix shows? If 60 million people go to a movie, that's probably at least 10 times the number of households that will watch the Netflix shows. Frankly, it's probably far more than 10 times the total number of people who will watch the Netflix shows. Agents of SHIELD had less than 6 million viewers by the time the first season ended, and it was on a basic cable channel that reaches a larger audience than Netflix.

In terms of exposure, there's just no comparison between a movie and a TV show, especially a Netflix show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    In terms of exposure, there's just no comparison between a movie and a TV show, especially a Netflix show.
    Which Minority character do you want to see or think can handle a movie on his/her own? Besides Black Panther I don't think anyone else can. Maybe Luke Cage.

When you have The Incredible Hulk failing in his last two attempts on the big screen, and his is arguably in the top 5 most recognizable Marvel characters, there's just not a lot of hope for minority superheroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Ummm when talking about a minority excluded when LBGT whites and white women are there (in the comic)--how else am i going to mention or criticize the lack of racial minorities..I have to single them out. Don't I?
    Well, you certainly managed to apply distinguishing specific labels on LGBT whites and white women, so I'm not so sure why you have a problem apply equally specific labels to whatever racial minority you think was excluded.

Why its seen as erasing...is beyond me. I don't feel that way when Women or gays say they want more rep in books with racial minorities in them...so i dont see how it should be seen as some racism within racism/the other way around.
    Probably because women and LGBT folk never say that on this board.

I have never seen on this board women or LGBT folk claim a group wasn't diverse, because it didn't include those particular minorities. I've only seen people telling me Young Avengers, the X-Men, amongst others, and now GotG aren't diverse, because they don't have a specific racial minority, usually black males. Likewise, I've never seen anyone on this board say PoC aren't a minority, whereas almost every allegedly minority thread I've participated on this board, someone tells me women aren't a minority.

I really can't believe I have to explain this to you. But when someone talks about American History, and they don't talk about the contributions of black Americans, does it feel like you are being erased? And when someone has the nerve to deny there were contributions by black Americans, does it feel like you are being discounted and erased? THAT is what it feels like to be constantly forgotten as a minority. And when I point this out, I'm told women aren't even minorities. That for a group to diverse, it has to have PoC.

And you responded to my post that if the X-men Uncanny #94/ Giant Size X-men came out "NOW" it would be labeled as forced PC. If the statement wasnt adhered to its not my fault. You were the one who implied it was seen as FOrced PC when it came out. To which I disagree.
    No, I said there was fan outrage about characters being replaced.

And yes, my mistake, you did ask about the reaction if it came out now, and I'd have to say yes, given the reaction to Mighty Avengers.

Carol Danvers movie plz

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I don't want to speak for Rheged but I think he understands that much but my question is what else would you have had Marvel studios done? I happen to think there's nothing wrong with Mantis, Phyla-Vell or Moondragon but they basically condensed the cast into the core/most popular characters of DNA's run. If the film does even halfway decently chances are pretty good there will be 1 or 2 more additions....It's a tossup to who those additions might be but I think Phyla-Vell, Moondragon or Mantis have a higher chance then lets say Bug, Major Vance Astro or Jack Flag.
    I'm not really complaining about the GOTG cast so you'll have to ask someone else about it.

My major gripe with the film is that they quickly put it into production after claiming it'd be too difficult to create Wakanda.

I'm just pointing out that it's ludicrous to count aliens as minority representation or to count the actors playing the roles a minority character representation when they're playing aliens, robots, or other things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Which Minority character do you want to see or think can handle a movie on his/her own? Besides Black Panther I don't think anyone else can. Maybe Luke Cage.

When you have The Incredible Hulk failing in his last two attempts on the big screen, and his is arguably in the top 5 most recognizable Marvel characters, there's just not a lot of hope for minority superheroes.
    Black Widow. I've no idea why Marvel has given her a movie yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Netflix has 33 million accounts. It makes no difference how many people are in a household; it's 33 million accounts; that's how many people give them money. And of those 33 million, how many will watch the Netflix shows? If 60 million people go to a movie, that's probably at least 10 times the number of households that will watch the Netflix shows. Frankly, it's probably far more than 10 times the total number of people who will watch the Netflix shows. Agents of SHIELD had less than 6 million viewers by the time the first season ended, and it was on a basic cable channel that reaches a larger audience than Netflix.

In what math is 60 million ten times 33 million?

Agent of Shild is not on a basic cable channel it is on a network those are two different things. Also 6 million is an incorrect number.

and 60 million people do not go to a movie in the US ever. The biggest grosses based on the average ticket price of $8 (who knew it dropped so much) do not calculate to 60 million viewers and the numbers you do get repeat ticket buyers not unique buyers/viewers.

Do you really thing subscribers are the only revenue source for a netfix/streaming show? In this day and age you cannot be that naïve. Of course the number of viewers matter. More viewers, more unique viewers matters a lot. And all of this is only if you care about the bottom line which to be honest I do not I am not a shareholder so it means nothing to me.

The cultural penetration of online streaming is on the up tick movie releases not so much.

BANNED

Nice thing about Netflix is that if the shows do well, they can attract more subscribers. Which I assume is the point. And if the shows do well, and more subscribers make it worthwhile, then Netflix and Marvel will invest in other characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Black Widow. I've no idea why Marvel has given her a movie yet.
    She's currently pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Probably because women and LGBT folk never say that on this board.

I have never seen on this board women or LGBT folk claim a group wasn't diverse, because it didn't include those particular minorities.
    I've only seen people telling me Young Avengers, the X-Men, amongst others, and now GotG aren't diverse, because they don't have a specific racial minority, usually black males. Likewise, I've never seen anyone on this board say PoC aren't a minority, whereas almost every allegedly minority thread I've participated on this board, someone tells me women aren't a minority.

I really can't believe I have to explain this to you. But when someone talks about American History, and they don't talk about the contributions of black Americans, does it feel like you are being erased? And when someone has the nerve to deny there were contributions by black Americans, does it feel like you are being discounted and erased? THAT is what it feels like to be constantly forgotten as a minority. And when I point this out, I'm told women aren't even minorities. That for a group to diverse, it has to have PoC.

No, I said there was fan outrage about characters being replaced.

And yes, my mistake, you did ask about the reaction if it came out now, and I'd have to say yes, given the reaction to Mighty Avengers.
    '

You're just flat out wrong on this one....

I've saw plenty of that on the old boards in relation to Mighty Avengers, New Avengers, and Avengers.

In fact from the start of New Avenges I clearly remember people saying the group needed more female representation and folks specifically mentioning Emma Frost as a candidate.

With Avengers I remember people saying it was failure on Hickman's part have such a large cast and not one of them be a LGBTQ character.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    She's currently pregnant.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with her not having a movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with her not having a movie.
    I assume it might make filming one a tad difficult the later into the pregnancy she gets.

Afterward, and considering Marvel just released a bunch of dates for future films, she might have one in the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post

They made Blade into a successful film franchise. And if someone had said 10 years ago that a GOTG movie was going ot be made and expected to be a hit you'd laugh at them.

A loose adaptation of Big Hero Six is being set up to be another Disney hit.

It's hard to say what wont work a major motion pictures when they've been able to turn relatively obscure characters into big franchises.