Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm looking forward to Cass' reaction, having recently lost her mother and now loosing Clayface and Kate. I'm also hoping they put in some proper consequences this time. no half hearted forgiveness or a telling off. If the death sticks then Kate just killed a person and there should be consequences both moral and legal. I agree with doing what needs to be done, but equally you have to face the consequences of your actions, I doubt any of this will happen though considering the only hard evidence is a bullet and mound of clay but it would definitely make the book more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I'm also hoping they put in some proper consequences this time. no half hearted forgiveness or a telling off. If the death sticks then Kate just killed a person and there should be consequences both moral and legal. I agree with doing what needs to be done, but equally you have to face the consequences of your actions, I doubt any of this will happen though considering the only hard evidence is a bullet and mound of clay but it would definitely make the book more interesting.
    Well, we already know that happens, due to solicits. Legally, she's in the clear, since this falls under justifiable homicide. So then whatever those consequences are won't be legal ones.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Well, we already know that happens, due to solicits. Legally, she's in the clear, since this falls under justifiable homicide. So then whatever those consequences are won't be legal ones.
    I don't mean I want Kate to go to jail but even if it's justifiable homicide that has to be decided by a court. I haven't looked at any solicits so I don't really know what happening in future issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I don't mean I want Kate to go to jail but even if it's justifiable homicide that has to be decided by a court.
    Sure, but I'm meaning more in terms of the audience. We were shown enough to say that confidently.

I haven't looked at any solicits so I don't really know what happening in future issues.
    Then I'll not spoil it except to say there's going to be significant consequences from this.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Could she shoot Tim next, lol. The next page is gonna interesting. Because Tim in his wanna be Robin getup, telling Batwoman how they do things like he has any authority over her is a interesting move. I swear what i wouldn't give for the next line out of Kate's mouth to be "**** off, little boy".
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

I'm hoping for the opposite, I want Cass to kick Kate's ass. Tim can slap Steph, she's responsible for this too. Luke, JPV and Bruce can just watch, its pretty much all they do anyway.

spoilers:
    I was thinking Batwoman would get taken into Batfamily custody and held in the Belfry again, going either willingly or unwillingly, but no. So that implies that she's either voluntarily going to come back for the trial thing or it's going to be done completely without her present. I'm not sure which I like more. The first would mean she accepts the consequences of her actions, and it's clear she does, but her reasoning is already pretty clear, so to spend an oversized issue on that... I dunno. I did like that she's pretty accepting of her "administrative leave", all things considered; it's special circumstances, and it's sensible to give everyone some cooling off time and not antagonize them further. This functional house arrest also means that on some level, Bruce knows she's not a loose cannon. That said, her not going into some kind of custody is pretty odd.

I'm guessing we'll get the public's reaction to Clayface's death next issue.

The scene with Jacob was a nice callback to when he first gave Kate her Batwoman suit, and I loved that she did not look at all enthusiastic about the Colony symbol. It also seems clear he's willing to say anything to her at this point to get her on the Colony, because he's almost flat-out bullshitting her here.

The ending has some pretty big implications:](#spoilers "Did Brother Eye plan all this? The future can be accelerated? And if so, does that mean it can be stopped? I don't know what to make of it yet.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    spoilers:
    I was thinking Batwoman would get taken into Batfamily custody and held in the Belfry again, going either willingly or unwillingly, but no. So that implies that she's either voluntarily going to come back for the trial thing or it's going to be done completely without her present. I'm not sure which I like more. The first would mean she accepts the consequences of her actions, and it's clear she does, but her reasoning is already pretty clear, so to spend an oversized issue on that... I dunno. I did like that she's pretty accepting of her "administrative leave", all things considered; it's special circumstances, and it's sensible to give everyone some cooling off time and not antagonize them further. This functional house arrest also means that on some level, Bruce knows she's not a loose cannon. That said, her not going into some kind of custody is pretty odd.

I'm guessing we'll get the public's reaction to Clayface's death next issue.

The scene with Jacob was a nice callback to when he first gave Kate her Batwoman suit, and I loved that she did not look at all enthusiastic about the Colony symbol. It also seems clear he's willing to say anything to her at this point to get her on the Colony, because he's almost flat-out bullshitting her here.

The ending has some pretty big implications:](#spoilers "Did Brother Eye plan all this? The future can be accelerated? And if so, does that mean it can be stopped? I don't know what to make of it yet.
    end of spoilers
    Very strong issue. Lots of genuine, natural tension between the members of the team.

spoilers:
    Yeah, I can see that Jacob is manipulating her to join him. I would imagine the public reaction will be...mostly positive? He was a monster, after all. Unless this is more fuel for a potential DC civil war. It is odd that she's not in custody; that'd be the Batman way. As for the ending, yeah that has some big implications. Accelerating the future? That doesn't bode well.
    end of spoilers
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Cass was definitely my favourite this issue. I definitely can't wait to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Cass was definitely my favourite this issue. I definitely can't wait to see what happens next.
    spoilers:
    She was great. I loved the moment when she ripped the Bat logo off Kate's costume.
    end of spoilers
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Mighty Member

Now this was a nice issue. Great Cass moments too.

They seem to have focused on Glory (is that her name) any chance she becomes Lady Clayface we saw in Doomsday Clock?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm really, really torn on this issue - which feels surprising to me, since I've been fully onboard for nearly every single issue up till now. While there is some really strong stuff with Cass, Kate, and Tim, Steph really got shafted here. Last issue, though I thought it was a bit rushed, she decided that she was where she needed to be, instead of going off with Anarky.

But here? She's all "I can't watch you become evil, Tim. Peace out." It's consistent with what's gone before, but it's complete whiplash from last issue, and I'm really, really irritated that Tynion's writing her off AGAIN.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    They seem to have focused on Glory (is that her name) any chance she becomes Lady Clayface we saw in Doomsday Clock?
    That seems unlikely given the events of this issue. And yes, Mudface's name is Glory Griffin (from the Tec Annual two weeks ago).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I saw the last image of this chapter in INSIDEPULSE...

Brother Eye(another problem, created for batman) is controlling that idiot?