Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'd be fine if they narrowed 'Tec down to Batman, Tim, Steph, and Cass. Kate has her own book. JP and Batwing barely do anything, and there are just too many characters to get really deep into anyone's life.

Tim needs to let the Belfry and Knights idea go, and I think he will. He sounds like Anakin in Star Wars III when he talks about what his plans are. That's not Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I agree. Batman does not kill, at least in main continuity. He will go to extreme lengths to maintain his code. When his subordinates break the code, he's right to be angry and to react the way he did in this issue. As part of his team, they represent him/what he stands for.
    Angry, sure. But not a one of them could refute Kate's points. What was she supposed to do, let Clayface go on a rampage and kill Cassandra along with who knows how many other people? They had only seconds to spare, and no time for any real alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Angry, sure. But not a one of them could refute Kate's points. What was she supposed to do, let Clayface go on a rampage and kill Cassandra along with who knows how many other people? They had only seconds to spare, and no time for any real alternative.
    Fair point. I'm just saying I think Batman was justified. I think it's one of those situations where neither side is really wrong.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I wonder if Tynion ever had much of a plan for her honestly. I actually like JPV and was hoping that someone could do something with Batwing, but they've just been kinda there, even in JPV own arc.
    I mean, when I talked to him in August at a con, he said he had plans for her. But I think they kind of got squeezed out by the focus on Tim, Clayface, and Kate. You can see the outlines of what he wants to do with her, but there's too much going on in the book to give them more than a quick nod, and the plot is too heavy for nods to suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'd be fine if they narrowed 'Tec down to Batman, Tim, Steph, and Cass. Kate has her own book. JP and Batwing barely do anything, and there are just too many characters to get really deep into anyone's life.

Tim needs to let the Belfry and Knights idea go, and I think he will. He sounds like Anakin in Star Wars III when he talks about what his plans are. That's not Tim.
    I mean, I'm a big fan of JP and Luke, but I do think that it's clear the team is too big for Tynion to handle right now. Which is likely why he's splitting it - it'll give the people left more room, when they're not all working on the same problem.

Personally, I hope that Tim comes to see Steph's "one person at a time" attitude is the right way to go.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    agree - I don't see Tim even going as far as Jason in terms of anti-hero. Unless Lobdell gets him again.
    That comes off as pretty sarcastic considering the most wannab-y anti anything Tim`s ever been is this year`s fashion with running around in two different titles all guns blazing and trying to kill first and ask later "because".

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

I'd be fine with this, too. It was a little odd when JP and Batwing show up this issue.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

The facial expressions in this was funny. Nice to see Kate stand her ground. Though honestly I could have done with her just saying how she did what she thought was right, deal with it. Whether I agree with what she did or not. She doesn’t answer to these people, especially not to the children. LoL, war between Tim and Batwoman. Good bye Steph though a guess. Not that this book did much for her except use her for Tim.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-14-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Though honestly I could have done with her just saying how she did what she thought was right, deal with it. Whether I agree with what she did or not. She doesn’t answer to these people, especially not to the children.
    I'm actually glad she didn't do that. That's just way too condescending of an attitude towards these guys, even if they are children, and kinda makes it seem like she doesn't realize how important Basil was to them (when she should definitely know). Duty is one thing. But a lack of empathy in this situation is just being a dick. I already get the feeling I'm not gonna like Kate as this arc progresses, I don't want that feeling to start so early lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah, but she could at least pretend like she was sorry she had to do it. Don't get me wrong. This isn't some Civil War II nonsense where making choices for "the greater good" were obviously the wrong choices. I like Kate and I think she made the right choice (...kinda) but how she went about handling everything after that just felt...wrong. As did her apparent shock over Batman kicking her off the team (What did she think was gonna happen!? Does she not know Bruce?). The whole thing just feels like a really contrived way to get her to become the person Future Tim was trying to prevent her becoming.
    But why would she bother pretending, either? She doesn't think what she did was wrong. There's no reason for her to pretend like she's ashamed or whatever.

And I don't think she was shocked by Bruce "grounding" her. It seemed more like a clarification that it was actually happening.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    But why would she bother pretending, either? She doesn't think what she did was wrong. There's no reason for her to pretend like she's ashamed or whatever.
    Of course she doesn't. I don't think she did anything wrong either (...kinda). But it all comes back to that lack of empathy. A trait I've always hated in people. At least act like you care that you gunned down your teammate in front of the emotionally challenged child that he had become close friends with. Not really something she had any obligation to do, no. It just made me a little less of a fan of hers.

And I don't think she was shocked by Bruce "grounding" her. It seemed more like a clarification that it was actually happening.
    Eh. I guess that's up to interpretation but, to me, it came off like she didn't see this coming.

She’s not there to coddle Batman’s kids. Kate’s always been hard nosed.

You're absolutely right. Like I said. Showing sympathy isn't something she had to. And it's definitely in character for her so I can't complain about that. It just...eh. I didn't like it. Especially after she spent a lot of this series trying not to be like her father.

Well her father didn’t use to be an super villain before this series. But I’m not going into how dumb I think that move was for Batwoman and her mythos overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You're absolutely right. Like I said. Showing sympathy isn't something she had to. And it's definitely in character for her so I can't complain about that. It just...eh. I didn't like it. Especially after she spent a lot of this series trying not to be like her father.
    So you don't like that she's... acting in-character? Huh. Okay...

Kate not acting like Jacob isn't really something she can get away from, since that's why she decided to go into the Army in the first place: to emulate him. It's a big part of who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well her father didn’t use to be an super villain before this series. But I’m not going into how dumb I think that move was for Batwoman and her mythos overall.
    He's still not a villain, super or otherwise, and it was not a dumb move.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So you don't like that she's... acting in-character? Huh. Okay...
    In a sense, yeah. It's an aspect of her character I don't enjoy and that I thought she'd start to steer away from. Not surprised that she hasn't but I'm still a bit disappointed.

He's still not a villain, super or otherwise, and it was not a dumb move.
    From a storytelling standpoint, yeah. He was the villain for a while. Whether or not it was a dumb move is up for debate but, surprise surprise, I wasn't too big on that decision either