View Poll Results: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Head of State and XSE Director Ororo Munroe

44 24.86%
  • Former Head of State and Frost Industries CEO Emma Frost

36 20.34%
  • Former Sears Catalog Model Jean Grey

71 40.11%
  • Other write in (say why)

44 24.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Mesmero was depowered in M Day, he even had a story about him having to live like a normal human.
    He has his powers back with no explanation of how it happened.

We also have a Cassandra Nova story that will almost certainly not acknowledge that Ernst is in a way Cassandra Nova. She is what happened when the Nova mummudrai was tricked into possessing the body of Stuff, the synthetic Shi Ar Imperial Guard shapeshifter. In Here Comes Tomorrow Cassandra Nova Xavier tells Martha/No Girl "you can still call me Ernst"

Magneto will attack Sebastian Shaw soon in X-Men Blue. Shaw had his memories erased by Emma a decade ago and hasnt done anything particularly evil ever since. He even saved the XMen kids from the Avengers.
    Shaw and Emma were also acting very friendly to each other in New Tian even though she commited a terrible human rights abuse to him.

Emma is sane and an antihero in some books, evil and grief striken in others.

Marvel has no editors, and writers don't care about continuity. At least since Schism. Aaron was the first writer we got like this. He had Sauron and Toad in the Hellfire Club. Toad murdered the wife of Lykos to use her life energies and turn him again into Sauron. I am sure Aaron didnt know that or didnt care.
    Exaaaaacctly.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Secret Wars - that's why!

I think Emma was amazing in Secret Empire and really shone in being a leader during a very difficult time - so, goddamn, if she could find some consistency in anything that would be good
    that only turns Franklin Richards into a **** who repowers some mutants and doesnt repower others

Xorn is another confirmed depowered mutant who was repowered in Bunn's Uncanny with no explanation. Many people even thought Xorn had to be someone else when he was first shown.
    IIRC Hopeless refused to confirm if Blob had been repowered in his All New XMen book. He said we can choose to believe what we want. Perhaps he has his powers back, perhaps he is taken that mutant hormone drug.

Yet Dani still doesnt have her mutant abilities. I feel like she's literally the last significant character left that they havent retconned/reversed M-Day with

that only turns Franklin Richards into a **** who repowers some mutants and doesnt repower others

Xorn is another confirmed depowered mutant who was repowered in Bunn's Uncanny with no explanation. Many people even thought Xorn had to be someone else when he was first shown.
    IIRC Hopeless refused to confirm if Blob had been repowered in his All New XMen book. He said we can choose to believe what we want. Perhaps he has his powers back, perhaps he is taken that mutant hormone drug.
    I see the universe after Secret Wars as like a smashed mirror - you can fix it but it's almost impossible to return it 100% back to what it was - the reason why some have their powers back, poisonous T-Mists etc.

That or Franklin really is just a dick to some people
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yet Dani still doesnt have her mutant abilities. I feel like she's literally the last significant character left that they havent retconned/reversed M-Day with
    Her valkyrie powers are enough to go toe to toe with ares

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Red, Blue, Gold, and Astonishing seem to be continuing the trend of playing loose with continuity.
    There's not been continuity in comics for a very long time. Since like... 2000.
    Everything is "retcons" now - or back tracking to make characters "important" (Winter Soldier, Casandra Nova, Vulcan... the list goes on and on and on)...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Um - while I love Dani (one of my favorites from New Mutants) - you have to take into account Ares has CENTURIES of experience fighting (with no rules).

And yes - this pisses me off.

Astonishing Member

She is the last big character who doesnt have her powers back.

Maverick (who had a 12 issues comic in the 90s) and Abyss (was a horseman in 1995 AoA, and is the half brother of Nightcrawler) are 2 depowered mutants that I hope will get their powers back, but I don't have high hopes for them.
    maverick7.jpg
    3433048-abyss-x-factor#20-powers_back.jpg
    I guess Prodigy and Wind Dancer would be the biggest candidates after Dani.

I was hoping that Jean would use the Phoenix to reactive her powers in PR - I thought there was a higher chance since Jubilee got hers back through the Phoenix too - but it didn't happen. Here's hoping NM Dead Souls rectify this
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    There's not been continuity in comics for a very long time. Since like... 2000.
    Everything is "retcons" now - or back tracking to make characters "important" (Winter Soldier, Casandra Nova, Vulcan... the list goes on and on and on)...
    I agree, which is why I called it "NuMarvel". Which is also why I am perfectly fine with ignoring the last 15 years of comics and reseting Storm to her X-treme Claremont persona.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    She's not currently a Valkyrie and that has been inconsistent

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    We can't go back 15 years. Too much happened lol.
    We don't have to go back 15 years. We can look at how Storm is being written right now in her recent Black Panther appearances and her solo.

IIRC Hopeless refused to confirm if Blob had been repowered in his All New XMen book. He said we can choose to believe what we want.
    He knows that’s not how this works, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

She is the last big character who doesnt have her powers back.

Maverick (who had a 12 issues comic in the 90s) and Abyss (was a horseman in 1995 AoA, and is the half brother of Nightcrawler) are 2 depowered mutants that I hope will get their powers back, but I don't have high hopes for them.
    maverick7.jpg
    3433048-abyss-x-factor#20-powers_back.jpg
    I guess Prodigy and Wind Dancer would be the biggest candidates after Dani.
    Maverick is good without powers imo honestly.
    X-Men Forever