View Poll Results: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Head of State and XSE Director Ororo Munroe

44 24.86%
  • Former Head of State and Frost Industries CEO Emma Frost

36 20.34%
  • Former Sears Catalog Model Jean Grey

71 40.11%
  • Other write in (say why)

44 24.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    BANNED

Looks like we finally have a challenger. :3

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Does it count as a challenger if said challenger is brainwashed by mutantkind's current enemy number one? :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Bishop he is the leader it deserves but not the one it needs right!

BANNED

Continued from the locked tread:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If we're doing the Jean vs Storm thing, I think it's the opposite. Jean fits more as someone to be a Xavier figure and take care of the school. I see Storm as more of a warrior, it makes sense for her to be the one leading in battle.
    Based on what? Jean was never much of a teacher or a mentor. The closest she ever got was with who, Rusty? Dust, sort of?

Jean never really showed the initiative or aptitude to take over for Xavier. She actually has less experience in a leadership position than Kitty even, who you seem to think was handed it out of nowhere. I don’t think she commands or inspires like Storm and she doesn’t have her strength of character or spirit either. Ororo really just outclasses her in every way that matters to fill Xavier’s shoes; to be the elder statesman and steward of The Dream.

Jean just has too much to learn, too much to prove, too much to actually do. The sad truth is the thing she was best at being was a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Roberto and Ilyanna have recently shown the chops (although Ilyanna's attitude can be scary, which is part of what makes her so awesome, and yet might not make her the best choice to lead), and I think both Dani and Shan could do it, if any writer wanted to take the plunge with them.

While Sam seems to have been groomed for the position, back in the day, being the token white boy on the team (by Xavier, in-book, if not necessarily by the writers), I feel like Dani pretty much demonstrated that she was a better fit for the role (and yet diplomatic enough to call him her co-leader, since it wasn't about who had the nametag for her, but about getting it done). I kind of feel like the writers had an editorial mandate from on-high that the white boy had to be the 'Cyclops' of the team, and that they kind of passively resisted and made Dani the effective leader, while towing the line and letting Sam be leader-in-name-only.
    I agree on Roberto, he’s really come a long way and I’m excited to see what Citizen X brings. I’m also enjoying Illyana’s role as squad leader over in New Mutants, and enjoy the open animosity between her and her boss Shan. I sincerely hope they start fucking soon.

I agree on Dani and Sam too, it really felt like Liefield grabbed the skinny white kid he most identified with, grabbed his hot blonde girlfriend and then flushed the rest of those multicultural New Mutants. Then Sam just sort of naturally metriculated up while everyone else kept getting held back at the kids table. It’s too bad too, as I think it also did a disservice to Sam. Dani was the tactician and the obvious choice for field leader but Sam was also someone the rest looked to for support and emotional leadership. It was a great dynamic between them with a flipped expectation in the usual gender roles; essentially Dani was the more masculine and Sam the more feminine in terms of leadership role. Then sadly after Claremont & Simonson were forced out tptb just turned Sam into a boring one note Cyclops Jr and Dani was literally forgotten by those white dudes (symbolic). :/

BANNED

Namor should be the leader.

He is Marvel's first mutant, he is deeply loved by the likes of Emma Frost and has the love and admiration of some of Marvel's most popular heroic figures like Captain America and Sue Storm.

Literally all the women in the poll find hard to resist the guy.

He is the obvious choice.

BANNED

Cyclops is the definitive x-leader.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    i completely agree

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

i completely agree
    I third the motion, and agree.

However...
    Lets say cyclops stays dead for 15 years and that would suck but I can see it as wolverine stayed dead for approximately 4 jean stayed dead for... I don't even care.

Who should lead the Mutant nation / X-Peoples... In his absence for the next decade (assume for this that they ARE going to prop someone up to do it)
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

However...
    Lets say cyclops stays dead for 15 years and that would suck but I can see it as wolverine stayed dead for approximately 4 jean stayed dead for... I don't even care.

Who should lead the Mutant nation / X-Peoples... In his absence for the next decade (assume for this that they ARE going to prop someone up to do it)
    I think jean is diplomatic and likable enough to do it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

However...

According to the critics of Cyclops, there shouldn't be a Mutant nation. So, no leader of any mutant race, just team leaders and a school principal.

Astonishing Member

Alex Summers, Summers leadership gene, has played on both sides of the fence, studied under Xavier but has admitted to having Magneto leanings, connection to X-verse and Avengers was also a US government liason back when X-Factor was a government run unit that he led.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Alex Summers, Summers leadership gene, has played on both sides of the fence, studied under Xavier but has admitted to having Magneto leanings, connection to X-verse and Avengers was also a US government liason back when X-Factor was a government run unit that he led.
    Alex is not fit to lead anyone, especially not in his present condition. The guy needs quite a bit of rehabilitation after the past several years which did a number on him

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Since when did the X-Men represent the whole "mutant nation"? That's like saying General Milley represents all of America. No, he's a leader of the U.S. Army, not the flaming President. The X-Men, while in large parts are the defenders of mutant-kind, they do not speak for all of it. That was shown with Magneto's Asteroid-M, Genosha and with the Morlocks. All instances where a collection of mutants came to be without support from the X-Men. Utopia is the only example where the X-Men spoke for all of mutant-kind, and that place died a long time ago (much to my chagrin). There is no mutant nation, and as such, asking people whom they would like to lead it isnt the same as asking people whom they would like seeing lead the X-Men. C'mon mods.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 04-30-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Since when did the X-Men represent the whole "mutant nation"? That's like saying General Milley represents all of America. No, he's a leader of the U.S. Army, not the flaming President. The X-Men, while in large parts are the defenders of mutant-kind, they do not speak for all of it. That was shown with Magneto's Asteroid-M, Genosha and with the Morlocks. All instances where a collection of mutants came to be without support from the X-Men. Utopia is the only example where the X-Men spoke for all of mutant-kind, and that place died a long time ago (much to my chagrin). There is no mutant nation, and as such, asking people whom they would like to lead it isnt the same as asking people whom they would like seeing lead the X-Men. C'mon mods.
    Utopia. The mods dont need to do anything This thread was created as a response to X-men Red. Jean didnt go to the UN on behalf of the X-men as a way for them to represent a mutant nation. She was an individual with a plan for change

I didn't like it when Cyke was supreme leader and dont like it now that kitty leads. The X-Men have a lot of members and shouldn't just have 1 leader. I think we need a council or some shit. 5 or 6 mutants that decide what should br done.