View Poll Results: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Head of State and XSE Director Ororo Munroe

44 24.86%
  • Former Head of State and Frost Industries CEO Emma Frost

36 20.34%
  • Former Sears Catalog Model Jean Grey

71 40.11%
  • Other write in (say why)

44 24.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Queen of Naps > Queen of Dirtnaps
    This thread is going to be fun.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    personally, i'd rather not. for the simple fact that we've been there/done that with storm and jean. it is well-established they are close and have a history. but jean and kurt have a history as well, and i am excited to finally see that explored. remember he wasn't around jean that much when she came back in the 90s.

i am very excited for the new storm solo though.
    There's not just that but Storm isn't the same as she used to be. She's not in the same headspace that she was fifteen years ago... when, actually, I'll point out that Jean was basically leading the X-Men while Storm was off doing her own thing and not having a care in the world about what was actually going on with mutants.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I thought this was going to become a jean vs emma fight. so sad it became about jean vs storm

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    There's not just that but Storm isn't the same as she used to be. She's not in the same headspace that she was fifteen years ago... when, actually, I'll point out that Jean was basically leading the X-Men while Storm was off doing her own thing and not having a care in the world about what was actually going on with mutants.
    yes, i agree she's a mess and is in serious need of rehabilitation.

it's very upsetting to see a variant copy of her (bloodstorm) have more consistency and complexity than the woman herself.

Oh boy, this thread is diving right into a flame war.

BANNED

Saving the world and creating a global mutant police force counts more than giving speeches and running a school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I would have hated that. Because we would have had endless posts about how she's not one shotting Cassandra Nova cuz her will is indomitable and she can make it rain on the SUN!
    Lol. Even without her on it, it didn't stop them.

BANNED

Nah, bro. Hard to be humiliated when you're dead. Meanwhile, Storm is just the butt of jokes anymore.
    Jean’s doing a good job of being humiliated while alive too. Cassie played her like a fiddle, any half capable tp like Xavier, Emma or Sage would’ve seen this coming a mile away.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I went with Storm and Emma Frost, but I'm also of the opinion that all these options already had their shot. (I may as well write-in Magneto, right?) But, my actual write-ins are:
    • Sage: If you want someone who is all analytics and action based on evidence - all business, then Sage is the only one for the job. She's also canonically Professor X's the most-trusted X-Man, for those of you who still hold him and his various organizations with high regard.
    • Mortis: A fine anti-establishment dark horse figure for those who want a leader with more emotion than constantly assessing, planning, and then acting, and without the baggage of the mutant establishment (see Magneto, Professor X, et a.)
    • Callisto would be a fine middle-ground between the two aforementioned potential leaders, and between the establishment and those it left behind.

Nah, bro. Hard to be humiliated when you're dead.

But anyways. Good luck to Jean on her new mutant nation after popping a head open like a ripe melon in front of the UN.

She'll need the support of fellow genocider Namor after that political faux pas. I'm sure his strong Atlantean arms will come as great comfort to her in these trying times.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

https://media.giphy.com/media/COYggJB0KnADm/giphy.gif

Salt for you! And salt for YOU! And Salt for everyone!

Can anyone really trust a leader that can read your thoughts and even change them at will?? Can anyone sleep safe under the thought police?

Mutantkind would be basically gone by now without Emma. Without her actions in DoX and IvX, mutants would still be hiding in another planet/dimension or dead by now. She's a bigger hero to mutantkind than Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Magneto and that other bald guy combined and that's just the #canon facts.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jean was literally the one who pushed for this to happen as White Phoenix of the Crown.

for the record, I do not believe jean's 'alliance' with wakanda is purely coincidence. it wouldn't be a difficult guess that storm had something to do with it.

so she in effect is a level above jean in red, perhaps pulling strings and positioning her friend with the right players for this new project.