View Poll Results: Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Former Head of State and XSE Director Ororo Munroe

44 24.86%
  • Former Head of State and Frost Industries CEO Emma Frost

36 20.34%
  • Former Sears Catalog Model Jean Grey

71 40.11%
  • Other write in (say why)

44 24.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    And neither are the facts that Ororo used to be T'Challa's trophy wife, or that she used to be the Chairman of the XSE, or that Emma used to be a head of state during a fascist regime or that she used to be the CEO of Frost Enterprises.

Used to died.

Thing is, Storm would still have her ties and friendships to world leaders from her days as queen as she had them even before she got married. Her queens hip would have only deepened and expanded such ties which she would have had and she would have kept them even after the dicorce...especially seeing how she and Panther are getting on now.

Emma would also still have strong political ties while Jean has never had any.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No, it’s really a toss up btwn Rachel and Xavier now. Both can mindscan the globe or astral project across galaxies, Jean (without the Phoenix) and Betsy have never come close to things like that.
    I'm pretty sure that's what Jean just did in X-Men Red, and she did it in New X-Men (along with holding Xavier's mind in her head) before the Phoenix woke up.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Too many cooks ruin a kitchen.

No, it’s really a toss up btwn Rachel and Xavier now. Both can mindscan the globe or astral project across galaxies, Jean (without the Phoenix) and Betsy have never come close to things like that.
    What are you talking about, she literally did this on X-Men Red #1, the issue that caused this thread to be created lol.

Cyclops.
    one and only true leader.
    he was born to lead
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

i can't wait for jean to meet that fantomex creep next time she ventures to the astral plane. *technically* he should be the most powerful now, since he's assumed shadow king's post as warden of that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by oldscottsummers View Post
    Cyclops.
    one and only true leader.
    he was born to lead
    i love cycke but we recently established in the x-men red thread that he was likely jean's patsy during the utopia/nation x saga. it's likely why he was doomed to fail on that, since the ideas were never his to begin with.

BANNED

Nah, bro. Hard to be humiliated when you're dead. Meanwhile, Storm is just the butt of jokes anymore.
    And Marvel is having to scale back Storm to TRY and make Jean shine because Jean can't compete with a well-written Ororo. A well-written Storm, on the other hand, will outshine Jean and virtually anyone else even if they are written to their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What are you talking about, she literally did this on X-Men Red #1, the issue that caused this thread to be created lol.
    And in New X-Men without the Phoenix, when they were fighting Cassandra Nova last time.

Adult Jean is probably the most powerful telepath in the world right now, second only to maybe X.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    And Marvel is having to scale back Storm to TRY and make Jean shine because Jean can't compete with a well-written Ororo. A well-written Storm, on the other hand, will outshine Jean and virtually anyone else even if they are written to their best.
    Oh honey I don't think this has anything to do with Jean, or even inherently with Marvel. I just don't think many comic writers understand Storm. I also disagree that she'll outshine Jean or anyone else when well written... unless you do with her what Guggenheim does Kitty.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I'm pretty sure that's what Jean just did in X-Men Red, and she did it in New X-Men (along with holding Xavier's mind in her head) before the Phoenix woke up.
    Uh, no she didn’t mindscan the entire planet or astral project across galaxies in Red? And she was already Phoenix manifesting in NXM by that point too.

Xavier’s always the master, if anything he’s usually restrained regarding his potential. Rachel’s always been unfocusedly powerful (but clumsy) but she also just got a big upgrade. Jean just woke up, and nothing in her history really puts her on their current levels. Even underdog Emma (the hardest working tp imo) outfeats her tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I would have hated that. Because we would have had endless posts about how she's not one shotting Cassandra Nova cuz her will is indomitable and she can make it rain on the SUN!
    At least Storm has tons of feats and showings demonstrating she can beat Cassadra Nova without PIS which Plain Jean doesn't have.

Uh, no she didn’t mindscan the entire planet or astral project across galaxies in Red? And she was already Phoenix manifesting in NXM by that point too.
    Idk about NXM, but, yes, she did minscan the entire planet on Red #1, it was pretty clear.

At least Storm has tons of feats and showings demonstrating she can beat Cassadra Nova without PIS which Plain Jean doesn't have.
    Storm could never hope to beat an omega-tier telepath like Jean or Cassandra or Xavier or Psylocke or Emma or Rachel or Quentin if the telepathy is written properly. Telepathy is THE most hax power in all of comics. And I am actually a Storm fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That wasn’t my read at all? I just looked at the page in question too, it doesn’t state this either although I can see it being interpreted that way.

BANNED

Storm could never hope to beat an omega-tier telepath like Jean or Cassandra or Xavier or Psylocke or Emma or Rachel or Quentin if the telepathy is written properly. Telepathy is THE most hax power in all of comics. And I am actually a Storm fan.
    Storm beat the Shadow King. Jean never could.

BANNED

I'd say Storm should be the number 1 choice for a myriad of reasons. She's led the X-Men since the 80s. She convinced the UN to sanction her X-Treme X-Men team. She's literally been a head of state as Queen of Wakanda and thus would already have loads of political connections. Heck, every king or inner-dimensional ruler around has wanted Storm as her bride because of her beauty, strength of character, and regal/otherworldly carriage. Loki, Arkon, Dr. Doom, Khan, T'challa, etc have all wanted Ororo. She attracts rulers like a moth to a flame and she could sway them.

Heck, even Emma would be a better choice than Jean if you want to look at it. Emma would have a lot of political connections all over the world via her Hellfire Club days as the White Queen and she would already have successful business ties across the world through her companies.
    Lmao let me just say that the poll is extra petty and I'm here for it.

Anywho, Rutog I agree with this posts in its entirety. I've only been arguing this for years. I'm just a bit perplexed that this plot only had merit with Jean as the returning leader of mutants. Only a bit odd...