Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I laughed, couldn't help it
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

I was agreeing with you right up until you celebrated the 90's being back, that era had some gems but also had some of the worst ideas, art and story lines in comics history.

I miss nothing about clunkers like Heroes Reborn or Rise of the Midnight Sons, Costumes like the Boob Window Invisible Woman costume and every hero carrying 7 zillion pouches or Fabio Thor.

This pic sums up everything that was wrong with marvel in the 90's.six-pack.jpg

Mighty Member

Hey, you leave the 6 pack alone. (No joke. That was the team's name. Because....90s.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    What a time to be alive! the 90s are back baby!
    I'm assuming this whole thing is sarcasm?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The 90s were pretty dull for the Fantastic Four... I also doubt that they will be back this year the way things are going.

The X-Men don't seem to be any better besides Jean's return.
    Claremont was really good on FF. I think it started weird(DeFalco) and then Heroes Reborn was kinda chaotic with a lot of miss communication but after this most of Marvel's stuff were solid. I recently watched DC's JL cartoons which are older and got a lot of inspiration from old Kirby stuff in compare to this the Avengers shows were just some bricks clued together in the last years.

What I mean with this the old stuff is often just better and not because of nostalgic but because the authors and editors planned so much ahead . They knew what their endgame will be(at least roughly) when they start a book and how it will effect the universe in the books , you can see how the concepts and ideas fit in like jigsaw pieces. Especially when I think on star authors like Bendis or Hickman they don't have this at all they have their own idea first and didn't care if its fits or not with out really knowing how to round up all this and then the next author have to wing it and clue some stuff on it.

Means you need good authors and editor who can make their job and higher ups who ask when heroes got left behind when an arc is over "what we do with them? how they will come back?", also the past wasn't so bad and my 3th question would be were are Cyclops and Xavier ?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is your list just a collection of facts, or a list that shows what you personally like?

BND on the verge of being reversed? Where did you read that?
    I'm going to with a list that shows what you personally like for 200 alex
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Tony Stark is back - yay!
    Captain America is not a nazi - he was better this way it was a more accurate representation of america.
    Peter Parker is not Stark lite - I would actually prefer peter expand more into his mature qualities of corporate leadership and genius innovation at Parker industries.
    X-men finally being treated with respect - I don't know about this
    Fantastic four on the verge of a return - Awesome
    Disney buying fox has saved mutants - Hopefully Disney continues to evolve
    Bendis is gone - D:
    Slott is off Spider-man - meh
    Avengers is just 1 book and interesting - lol
    Guardians is cancelled - this is prob the worst news ever in all the world
    Rogue and gambit in the spotlight - meh
    Jean Grey is back - cool
    Wolverine is back - meh
    Cable is back - meh
    Bruce banner is back - cool
    Thor is coming back - looking forward, he was your typical late 30s depressed comic book nerd without his mjolnir
    BND on the verge of being reversed
    Mutants are back - yay
    Inhumans are done - meh/naww

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Hey, you leave the 6 pack alone. (No joke. That was the team's name. Because....90s.)
    I thought it was their name because they were all alcoholics. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I thought it was their name because they were all alcoholics. ???

Did people actually follow heroes who drank "LITE" beer? What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The 90s were pretty dull for the Fantastic Four... I also doubt that they will be back this year the way things are going.

The X-Men don't seem to be any better besides Jean's return.
    90's had my 4th favorite run behind Lee and Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman. DeFalco and Ryan run with Franklin being made a teenager and then Reed "dying" and then Sue stepping up and leading the FF with added new character like Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Kristoff, and Lyja joining her, Ben and Johnny. They also did some parallel universe/time travel while looking for Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    I was agreeing with you right up until you celebrated the 90's being back, that era had some gems but also had some of the worst ideas, art and story lines in comics history.

I miss nothing about clunkers like Heroes Reborn or Rise of the Midnight Sons, Costumes like the Boob Window Invisible Woman costume and every hero carrying 7 zillion pouches or Fabio Thor.

This pic sums up everything that was wrong with marvel in the 90's.six-pack.jpg
    People never seem to mention that the "Boob Window Invisible Woman" was a storyline point with Malice taking her over and was meant to be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    People never seem to mention that the "Boob Window Invisible Woman" was a storyline point with Malice taking her over and was meant to be ridiculous.
    you're right. but she did keep the gloves.

Mighty Member

Because moving backwards is good and comics over-catering to aging and set in their ways fans has always worked out so well in the past?

I can't see how Guardians getting temporarily cancelled and Inhumans taking a back seat is good. Unless someone is the type of fan who wants books they don't like and presumably don't read to be cancelled because...I don't know why, actually. Spite?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    90's had my 4th favorite run behind Lee and Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman. DeFalco and Ryan run with Franklin being made a teenager and then Reed "dying" and then Sue stepping up and leading the FF with added new character like Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Kristoff, and Lyja joining her, Ben and Johnny. They also did some parallel universe/time travel while looking for Reed.
    The DeFalco run is definitely underrated. Its main fault was trying too much to be Lee/Kirbyesque in style and look. But despite looking like old school, it did expand the mythos somewhat. The Ryan art was wonderful. And keeping Reed and Doom "dead" for issue 400 still amazes me.

What a time to be alive! the 90s are back baby!

Uh, . . . no thank you.

You just know theres going to be a special moment when it all falls into place and the big re launch happens in may.
    More like

You just know there's going to be a special moment when it all fails . . .
    unfortunately . . .