Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm assuming this whole thing is sarcasm?

If only it was

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    90's had my 4th favorite run behind Lee and Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman. DeFalco and Ryan run with Franklin being made a teenager and then Reed "dying" and then Sue stepping up and leading the FF with added new character like Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Kristoff, and Lyja joining her, Ben and Johnny. They also did some parallel universe/time travel while looking for Reed.
    I liked aspects of that run, like some of the things you mentioned. After it things were just meh.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

90's had my 4th favorite run behind Lee and Kirby, Byrne, and Hickman. DeFalco and Ryan run with Franklin being made a teenager and then Reed "dying" and then Sue stepping up and leading the FF with added new character like Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Kristoff, and Lyja joining her, Ben and Johnny. They also did some parallel universe/time travel while looking for Reed.
    No Waid and Weiringo?

Weiringo's art is too cartoony. I kept expecting the Impossible Man to appear. I prefer a carlos Pacheco or a McNiven.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    What a time to be alive! the 90s are back baby!

You just know theres going to be a special moment when it all falls into place and the big re launch happens in may.
    I have to assume it's a joke but to me...

Tony Stark is back Ironheart was getting the backseat of her own book but I guess...
    Captain America is not a nazi True but Out of Time is making him King of America so either way, we're screwed.
    Peter Parker is not Stark lite YAYYYY FOR NOT GROWING UP!!! /s
    X-men finally being treated with respect Scott is still dead, Jean is back, Cable getting a push for MOVIE reasons and Wolverine is back and will likely push off Laura's book, yay?
    Fantastic four on the verge of a return Keep telling yourself that
    Disney buying fox has saved mutants Not a done deal yet.
    Bendis is gone Sadly I think due to him out of his rope in Marvel which resulted in Axel leaving so I guess it's a win.
    Slott is off Spider-man Yeah, I think after Worldwide, he just ran out of ideas.
    Avengers is just 1 book and interesting Aren't the recent Avenger runs solidified with a partner book?
    Guardians is cancelled Duggan was getting them back to the top of Marvel Cosmic but f the movies am I right? /s Seriously, I hope Infinity Countdown is the best event since Siege because UGH
    Rogue and gambit in the spotlight It's a mini
    Jean Grey is back Zzzzzzzz
    Wolverine is back Zzzzzzzz
    Cable is back Movie Push Zzzzzz
    Bruce banner is back Until his book comes back, I dunno if this is good.
    Thor is coming back It was given.
    BND on the verge of being reversed LOLOLOLOL NO
    Mutants are back Yeah good for them I guess
    Inhumans are done And yet, the Inhuman side of books got the better creative teams but nope, you fanboys got whiny and rewarded the 2 mediocre books and while Laura is good, Cable finally has a good team and Red looks ok,

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Wait, did someone here diss the Midnight Sons?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

BANNED

People never seem to mention that the "Boob Window Invisible Woman" was a storyline point with Malice taking her over and was meant to be ridiculous.
    Was it a story about Malice? Or was it a really dumb costume that proved to be unpopular that they retconned into Malice influencing her dress sense of get rid of it ASAP?

I actually like a lot DeFalco and Ryan's run, also. I think it was wildly underrated. Always fast moving and unpredictable.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Tony Stark is back
    Captain America is not a nazi
    Peter Parker is not Stark lite
    X-men finally being treated with respect
    Fantastic four on the verge of a return
    Disney buying fox has saved mutants
    Bendis is gone
    Slott is off Spider-man
    Avengers is just 1 book and interesting
    Guardians is cancelled
    Rogue and gambit in the spotlight
    Jean Grey is back
    Wolverine is back
    Cable is back
    Bruce banner is back
    Thor is coming back
    BND on the verge of being reversed
    Mutants are back
    Inhumans are done

You just know theres going to be a special moment when it all falls into place and the big re launch happens in may.
    Well I guess everyone is allowed their own opinion some I agree with, some I understand, some I disagree with, and some you are kind of wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't back this year. Marvel Two-In-One is such a set up for them coming back, I don't think Marvel will put that pay off on hold for too long.
    An interview with Chip Zdarsky where he said he's got up to 12 issues planned and wraps up the search by #10 (which doesn't mean that they find them). I highly doubt that they are back this year.

https://www.newsarama.com/38561-chip...interview.html
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    An interview with Chip Zdarsky where he said he's got up to 12 issues planned and wraps up the search by #10 (which doesn't mean that they find them). I highly doubt that they are back this year.

https://www.newsarama.com/38561-chip...interview.html
    As I said in the FF appreciation thread, there's still a possibility that they'll squeak in at the end of the year. That's probably a long shot, though. Still, on the upside we've got at least 12 issues of 2-In-1 to enjoy in the meantime!

Mighty Member

Did people actually follow heroes who drank "LITE" beer? What were they thinking?
    It was kewl. (When I was 13, I knew that I should not like the Six Pack, but I did, and was ashamed.)

People never seem to mention that the "Boob Window Invisible Woman" was a storyline point with Malice taking her over and was meant to be ridiculous.
    And, being taken over by Malice was certainly not an excuse for the boob window.

Because moving backwards is good and comics over-catering to aging and set in their ways fans has always worked out so well in the past?
    That is the prevailing assumption. (And, dammit, if it did not ruin "Venom".)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    That is the prevailing assumption. (And, dammit, if it did not ruin "Venom".)
    I still like Venom, but did think that Price as the host was interesting and a good move for the title. Price is still around, so hopefully they do more with that. I hope Venom Inc hasn't turned him into a straight bad guy though, the thing that made him interesting was that he was not a hero or a villain. I'm always down to read about someone who gets powers and doesn't immediately think "I must fight crime! Or commit crimes! Those are the only two options".

Tony Stark is back
    Captain America is not a nazi
    Peter Parker is not Stark lite
    X-men finally being treated with respect
    Fantastic four on the verge of a return
    Disney buying fox has saved mutants
    Bendis is gone
    Slott is off Spider-man
    Avengers is just 1 book and interesting
    Guardians is cancelled
    Jean Grey is back
    Wolverine is back
    Bruce banner is back
    Thor is coming back
    Mutants are back
    Inhumans are done

I modified the OP because I'm only addressing the ones that I have an opinion about.

Stark-yes, I'm happy about this. I started reading Marvel (after a multiple year hiatus) right around Civil War 2, so I barely got any Tony.
    Cap not being a Nazi: Also great news. Secret Empire was interesting but, at the end of the day, I want heroic Cap.
    Parker: PP being Stark light was annoying. But now he's always complaining about how he's not Stark anymore...hopefully that'll fade and he'll go back to being good old Peter Parker.

X-Men: Agreed...but I can't say a whole lot here. When I started reading Marvel again, it was right around IvX. I can say I like how the X-Men are being handled with Blue, Red and Gold teams (lol, let's get a whole rainbow going.) I love the X-Men and I have since I was a kid so I'm definitely glad they're "back." I know that, for a while, it was thought that mutants were on the way out due to the movie rights saga.
    Fantastic Four: I'm intrigued because I like the FF but I really don't know a lot about them. My experience with them is largely the mid-2000s movies and what I've seen of Torch and Thing in non-FF lines (Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny Avengers.)
    I'm sad to see Bendis go but I also have limited exposure. Recently, I reread his Ultimate SM run and loved it. In terms of his current stuff, I had been reading Invincible Iron Man and I enjoyed that a lot.
    Can't say much about Slott. I've caught the tale end of his SM run and I've had some issues with it (mainly, Parker whining, like I said.) Hopefully a new writer can breathe some fresh air into Spidey.
    Avengers: Technically it's multiple books, depending how you define that (Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, technically US Avengers if you want to count them.) As for interesting...No Surrender is really falling flat for me.

I love Guardians so I'm pissed that's cancelled. They'll be back, though.
    I'm very glad Wolverine is back because he is one of my top three favorite heroes. I've liked OLM but it'll be good to have the OG back.
    Banner: Similar to Stark in that he was "killed off" right when I started reading. I've liked Cho, though, so he better stick around.
    Thor: Never really left...he was just Unworthy/Odinson, which I enjoyed. Jane being Thor has been enjoyable but clearly that's nearing the end.

All in all, yeah, Marvel's doing a lot of things that I like right now. I think Legacy has been a good return to the basics in some ways.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually like a lot DeFalco and Ryan's run, also. I think it was wildly underrated. Always fast moving and unpredictable.

Peace
    It's one of the most interesting runs IMO all the way up to the Onslaught final issues with Pacheco's art.

People also forget FF #1 by Jim Lee was number one seller in 1996 at over 400,000 copies! Imagine that today!