Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I was going to buy the book just for the Phantom Girl factor, but I heard she's not the Legionnaire, just a different character with the same costume and powers.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

This is Lemire's last chance to prove he can write a mainstream superhero team. It's time to deliver, and the team is small, so no excuses. I want my Michael Jai White-as-Michael Holt Terrifics movie by 2022!
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 02-09-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Mighty Member

Default Terrifics Out Fantastic?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What makes the FF the FF is the combination of cosmic adventure and family strife. It's very possible to have a book which focuses on cosmic explorers and adventurers who find new dimensions and travel where and whenever. Many of them are good. The FF family angle is what makes it stick out from most every superhero team out there. It doesn't have to be family, but if it isn't, why not just do the stories with Justice Whoevers or the Amazing Whateverers?
    I'm not against a Family Values restart of the FF but it reflects yesterdays tropes and leaves them creatively stagnant. It's why I would rather follow Terrifics because it doesn't carry a lot of previous baggage. Potential to do something different and any tie ins of previous histories with Terrifics haven't been beaten to death as so much of the MCU continuity has. Not here to read Marvels equivalent to Brady Bunch I have a family.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    No, because the only teams Lemire is good at writing are the ones in his creator owned work. DC should know better after what he did with Extraordinary X-Men. The only reason to read this is because of Reis and Shaner.
    I forgot we were on the DC thread. So much for generating positive chatter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I think TRYING out out-fantastic the Fantastic Four will ensure the book will fail.

It just needs to be entertaining with well defined characters. I'm hopeful this will be the case.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I've been burned time and time again by Lemire on teams. I refuse to believe anyone can't get hyped after reading his Black Hammer ongoing though.

MR TERIFIC belongs in the JSA.

Mighty Member

Default Terrifics Out Fantastic?

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think TRYING out out-fantastic the Fantastic Four will ensure the book will fail.

It just needs to be entertaining with well defined characters. I'm hopeful this will be the case.
    There is no contest between teams. Just that can the newest four member team from DC hit the same stride and heights that FF has been shone to reach in the past. Certainly Terrifics carries none of the continuity baggage that FF has which should give Terrifics a running start.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I want him on the JSA to, but who say's he can't be on 2 different teams. A lot of characters do it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Agreed.

What tends to make "Analog" characters/teams successful or not tends to be if they set their home base aside and made something that was their own from all of the options they had.

Talking about compare DC and Marvel characters... I heard in bleedingcool that Damage is another hulk, in the review of Damage 2..

However, this is not a surprise..

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    What "JSA"?

Still waiting to see if / when / what DC decides to do about that one.

This is how I feel as well. I hope the Terrific's becomes it's own thing, to make a unique mark on the comic world. Yeah, there is no denying the comparison to the FF but I just hope it would be a carbon copy.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I hope Lemire has been reading Injustice 2 lately, because that's the Plastic Man I want to read about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    This is Lemire's last chance to prove he can write a mainstream superhero team.
    Who said that